Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mios vs Atterax

IamRageypoo

Question

So I've read that people really love mios, that it is basically the best whip ever made, just absolutely fantastic...but I want to run a blood rush build and Atterax seems like the clear choice. Does anyone have any experience between the two who can give some insight? I'm leaning towards the atterax for the crit potential, but also for the range, does the Mios compare when it comes to range? 

Edited by IamRageypoo

9 answers to this question

If you use the block-combo (the one where you hold block button during melee) the mios has incredible range all around you i think its close to 180° angle in front of you), so it is very fast at building up combo counter vs groups and imo the best choice for things like a melee Saryn build which relies on hitting multiple targets to pop spores. But straight up damage the atterax wins out. One could make an argument for the 5% extra status chance of th Mios when running pure physical, as slash procs are super strong if you do not rely on stripping armor.

2 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

If you use the block-combo (the one where you hold block button during melee) the mios has incredible range all around you i think its close to 180° angle in front of you), so it is very fast at building up combo counter vs groups and imo the best choice for things like a melee Saryn build which relies on hitting multiple targets to pop spores. But straight up damage the atterax wins out. One could make an argument for the 5% extra status chance of th Mios when running pure physical, as slash procs are super strong if you do not rely on stripping armor.

The Mios my have incredible range, but Atterax got the same range, if not more + Atterax wins in the dps department of the two. So if OP wants to run crit build, then Atterax would definently be best. It has more crit chance and higher crit multiplier.

10 minutes ago, Klazik said:

The Mios my have incredible range, but Atterax got the same range, if not more + Atterax wins in the dps department of the two. So if OP wants to run crit build, then Atterax would definently be best. It has more crit chance and higher crit multiplier.

I'd argue that crit chance does not matter at all when running high range weapons with blood rush, but the crit damage helps a lot.

On the other hand the defiled snapdragon stance is super strong. The combo i mentioned before does 400% damage on all hits but one which is 700% !!!! damage. Compared to the whip stances that only have 300% damage attacks this is actually quite a lot. Didn't do the math to compare dps with the crit damage difference though, so the mios might still come out on top.

Mios has slightly more base damage too.

Edited by CrudShuzKong

7 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

I'd argue that crit chance does not matter at all when running high range weapons with blood rush, but the crit damage helps a lot.

On the other hand the defiled snapdragon stance is super strong. The combo i mentioned before does 400% damage on all hits but one which is 700% !!!! damage. Compared to the whip stances that only have 300% damage attacks this is actually quite a lot. Didn't do the math to compare dps with the crit damage difference though, so the mios might still come out on top.

Mios has slightly more base damage too.

Actually never realized the insane multiplier from Snapdragon. That must definently mean that the weapon gets on top of the dps board for whips and sword-whips

I have built and sold Mios twice already, I dont feel comfortable with its "dynamic" (as in unreliable) range and mobility loss on certain combos, neither do I feel any kind of power spike from using it. May be I just dont get it. May be a 3rd time would be the charm sometime in the future.

Atterax however is, without a doubt, the best quick melee in game. Whip stances suck, but it does not matter for quick melee. Spin to clear trash and unload a shotgun to the face of whoever is left. Its fun.

as good as the Mios is, I would go towards the Atterax. as a Blade& whip weapon rather than a straight up Whip, the Mios can do somewhat more flexible combos with both close and long range attacks, and IIRC, the charge attack can reel enemies in.

the Atterax is the ultimate flaying machine. Slash Procs for days, good reach, and with Body Count/ Blood rush it's red crits can start one-hitting trash mobs. slap on a primed reach and practically nothing will escape those blades. it's downside is tht Whip Stances are too simplistic and boring, but on the day we get a new Whip Stance, the Atterax will be just as popular as the Jat Kittag.

I forma the atterax and it's quite fun. A little slow, but fun. The Mios is much more fluid however, but doesn't come close to the range that atterax does. For some reason it seems the Mios is mostly sword, with very little whip action, if any.