Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need More Bosses. We Need Bigger Bosses.

kill3r_furby

For a game like Warframe, even with all of the content on offer, longevity is an issue. I'm currently working on upping my 4th 'frame to 30, I've all but maxed the three pages worth of weapons that I own, etc etc. Basically, when you play as much and as long as I have, the point in continuing diminishes every day.

So, to my point. We need BIG bosses. Borderlands Vault Guardian or Shadow of the Colossus -sized bosses. Bosses big enough and tough enough to almost NEED four highly ranked or skilled players to kill. A boss to look forward to at the end of a world. A boss to make a Tower 3 Exterminate mission cack itself.

Well okay, maybe not that tough. But seriously, when you've done everything, you find yourself hard-pressed to do it again. I know this is a process, and I thank you guys for letting us stick with you through it. Consider this as the next big thing to do (no pun intended).

Now, no design council member am I sadly, however I have had some ideas to at least get the creative juices flowing. So, in no particular order:

-Grineer

*Mech suit: pretty standard fare, see ME3 for a nice example. Basically a nice big Grineer-driven death machine that would be a field day for Frost or Volt or Mag. Should have weak spots.

*Juggernaut: Big, beefy, berserker grineer. Think GoW Berserker on crack (and as suitably &!$$ed off as a berserker on crack should be). Entirely melee-centric, maybe some AoE abilities (Rhino Stomp comes to mind), very little subtlety to this guy. Needs to be able to be stunned and/or hurt with some ingenuity.

*DethBall: Take that little enemy that everybody loves to loathe, and make him bigger. Bulldozer-size bigger. Now put him in a large, rollable arena, and let him half-pipe the walls. Not scary enough? Have it deploy regular rollers regularly.

-Corpus

*Dire Wolf: The next logical progression in the Jackal Program, this big mutha actually needs to be taken down one limb at a time. From above.Needs to look up-armored (I know Corpus tech has an elegant sleekness to it, but this guy needs to look like a destroyer, not a warmonger).

*Pandion: Let's make a threatening Osprey. Give it the Jackal's MG. Let it drop AoE bombs. Give it freakin lasers, man. Put the fear of the Osprey back into us grizzled hunters.

-Infested

*Amalgam: Let's make a scary Infested boss. Let's take all of the Infested creatures, stitch 'em together, and make a flesh golem. He doesn't need poison, he doesn't need a healing aura, he just needs raw damage, and more infested. The more damage he takes, the more Infested flock to him, and fuse with him, giving him their life force. Let them truly be one. Also, have some melee weapons sticking out of him in various places, and some Grineer faces twisted into grimaces of pain and shreiks of terror strewn across his body, showing it has claimed countless other victims.

*Hivemind: Giant pile of flesh. With eyes. And teeth. And poison cysts. And tendrils. Lots and lots of tendrils.

Those are just the ideas I've had so far, feel free to take them DE. I would love to see those brought to life (not that you need creative direction from an unemployed college student who wrote a post on your forum).

To all my fellow community members, please leave your own feedback to support this, the more attention this receives, the more likely it is that DE will notice.

Thank you.

Edited by kill3r_furby

they are already working on two new bosses that are suppose to be interesting.

golem is getting a new form we have seen before. and some secret boss we dont know anything about but im leaning towards it being a new void boss. (it might be the general guy from the trailers)

so yeah. this is a common complaint and they are working on it.

I'm not going to read that longass post but if it reflects the title of this thread I fully endorse it.

Bosses should be terrifying and paint the space-pavement with Tenno bile.

Also a void boss.

I remember when i first met the jackal, me and 2 friends, low lvl frames since we were newbies, the first few encounters were very entertaining. I wish i could get that feeling again. We need tough bawses !

*DethBall: Take that little enemy that everybody loves to loathe, and make him bigger. Bulldozer-size bigger. Now put him in a large, rollable arena, and let him half-pipe the walls. Not scary enough? Have it deploy regular rollers regularly

I love this idea ! Yay I will can play golf in warframe with my fragor :D

Edited by truci4

*DethBall: Take that little enemy that everybody loves to loathe, and make him bigger. Bulldozer-size bigger. Now put him in a large, rollable arena, and let him half-pipe the walls. Not scary enough? Have it deploy regular rollers regularly.

gISiMKA.gif

I so want this. Make the smaller rollers explode in ether poison or healing auras to heal Dethball.

This thread again...

Now I'm going to tear apart your post ok? Brace yourself.

-Grineer

*Mech suit: pretty standard fare, see ME3 for a nice example. Basically a nice big Grineer-driven death machine that would be a field day for Frost or Volt or Mag. Should have weak spots.

If anyone is going to do something like this, it will be the Corpus, not the Grineer. The grineer can barely understand how to operate their guns(just look at those heavy gunners that never fire a bullet xP, yea yea bug but still lmao)

*Juggernaut: Big, beefy, berserker grineer. Think GoW Berserker on crack (and as suitably &!$$ed off as a berserker on crack should be). Entirely melee-centric, maybe some AoE abilities (Rhino Stomp comes to mind), very little subtlety to this guy. Needs to be able to be stunned and/or hurt with some ingenuity.

Viable. Expand on it. Give us numbers, give us phases, give us more. Don't force DE to think. Fill it all out yourself, and then just let them make the magic happen that makes it appear in game.

No. Just no. It's funny, but it's not serious enough.

-Corpus

*Dire Wolf: The next logical progression in the Jackal Program, this big mutha actually needs to be taken down one limb at a time. From above.Needs to look up-armored (I know Corpus tech has an elegant sleekness to it, but this guy needs to look like a destroyer, not a warmonger).

Maybe, but keep in mind they got off the Jackal program and went to Ambulas. Though again, expand on it.

*Pandion: Let's make a threatening Osprey. Give it the Jackal's MG. Let it drop AoE bombs. Give it freakin lasers, man. Put the fear of the Osprey back into us grizzled hunters.

Osprey by definition is a support device, not an offensive objective. At best an osprey could be a very add-heavy "boss" that's transporting a Cyopod or Artifact that you need to bring down, but this is not how you make it sound. You sound like you want a Drone-like boss. Even then, expand on it.

-Infested

*Amalgam: Let's make a scary Infested boss. Let's take all of the Infested creatures, stitch 'em together, and make a flesh golem. He doesn't need poison, he doesn't need a healing aura, he just needs raw damage, and more infested. The more damage he takes, the more Infested flock to him, and fuse with him, giving him their life force. Let them truly be one. Also, have some melee weapons sticking out of him in various places, and some Grineer faces twisted into grimaces of pain and shreiks of terror strewn across his body, showing it has claimed countless other victims.

Welcome to Golem 2.0. He will release in Update 9. Yes, this is exactly what they're doing with him...kind of...ok...so it's only a combination of every infested, but that's all the info we have.

*Hivemind: Giant pile of flesh. With eyes. And teeth. And poison cysts. And tendrils. Lots and lots of tendrils.

Expaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand on it. You have explained nothing.

This is the problem with all these threads. Nobody goes beyond "i have an idea", try fleshing it out. Does it still sound exciting? Does it fit the lore? Does it have a place in the universe? When will this boss appear(level-wise)? What makes him unique(never advise to create something like something else)?

Do I think we need more advanced bosses? Yes. Are they coming? Yes. They know we want it, they're already working on it. Does that mean we can't give ideas? No, but we should really take the time to flesh our ideas out.

and some secret boss we dont know anything about but im leaning towards it being a new void boss. (it might be the general guy from the trailers)

That's Vor. Explained in livestream, shown off in livestream, suggested we will fight Vor multiple times in the livestream. Livestream.

Ghobe, since when was I a part of the dev team? Oh, right. Never.

Don't go around dissecting other people's ideas. If DE wants to use them, they will in their own way. That's what they're there for. They're ideas. Invented by the community, for the sake of the devs. Try contributing a few of your own, instead of telling everyone else what is wrong with theirs.

Ghobe, since when was I a part of the dev team? Oh, right. Never.

Don't go around dissecting other people's ideas. If DE wants to use them, they will in their own way. That's what they're there for. They're ideas. Invented by the community, for the sake of the devs. Try contributing a few of your own, instead of telling everyone else what is wrong with theirs.

Welcome to the forums, you'll get to know me quite well if you keep up discussion of bosses and difficulty. I regularly give full blown, thought out ideas. Telling the devs "big enemy with big guns" doesn't tell them anything...at all. In fact that could wind up radically different from what you're expecting it to be. Just because I didn't lay down some huge idea here in this thread, doesn't mean I've never done it.

See: Hyena revamp and O.D.I.N. for examples. Is hyena fully thought out? No, but it's a hell of a lot more than most people suggest "derp it should be a multi-boss fight. the end."

The more detail you give, the better of a suggestion it is. DE can still choose to drastically change it, but when an idea is well thought out, it shows that you're actually passionate about it, and gives them a wonderful place to start with if they'd like to use the idea.

Calm down Satan.

Welcome to the forums, you'll get to know me quite well if you keep up discussion of bosses and difficulty. I regularly give full blown, thought out ideas. Telling the devs "big enemy with big guns" doesn't tell them anything...at all. In fact that could wind up radically different from what you're expecting it to be. Just because I didn't lay down some huge idea here in this thread, doesn't mean I've never done it.

See: Hyena revamp and O.D.I.N. for examples. Is hyena fully thought out? No, but it's a hell of a lot more than most people suggest "derp it should be a multi-boss fight. the end."

The more detail you give, the better of a suggestion it is. DE can still choose to drastically change it, but when an idea is well thought out, it shows that you're actually passionate about it, and gives them a wonderful place to start with if they'd like to use the idea.

Fair enough. However, you mistake my lack of detail for lack of passion. I left a lot of them where they were because either I couldn't come up with anything else to contribute, or I would be happy to see DE make something out of what I thought up regardless of how it actually turned out, or both.

So, I understand your point of view. However, I will leave the legwork to the paid employees.

That being said, I've always wanted a job in the gamedev industry...(hint hint wink wink) :)