Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

excavation for farming void keys

zoobmer

Question

I need to do excavations in order to farm void keys; but I can not solo the excavations, and can't figure out which excavation actually has players. any excavation will do, except for Venus and Earth, which are too low level to acquire the keys I require. any suggestions on which excavation sites to go to?

9 answers to this question

One option is Triton on Neptune. It will reward you with a T2 or T3 void key on Rotation B. If you find it too difficult, leave after the 3rd and repeat the mission again. For T4 void keys, go to Hieracon on Pluto: it rewards you with either a T3 or T4 key, mainly T4, on Rotation B. It's an infested Dark Sector, so it should be pretty easy to do if you have hard CC like Vauban's Bastille and vortex. These two nodes are really popular, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a party. If you find that excavation missions are overall pretty difficult for you (I understand, the health of the excavator is pretty low and the excavator can be destroyed pretty easily without snowglobe) You can do Dark sector survivals, the one on Ceres is a good place (Gabii?). It rewards you with a key on 15 minutes.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ChiefStevy said:

Cerberus is the Corpus interception mission. Hieracon is the Dark sector infested excavation on Pluto.

Oh yeah, don't play them too often, but always hear Triton, Cerberus, and Hieracon are popular.

1 hour ago, ZBanx said:

I need to do excavations in order to farm void keys; but I can not solo the excavations, and can't figure out which excavation actually has players. any excavation will do, except for Venus and Earth, which are too low level to acquire the keys I require. any suggestions on which excavation sites to go to?

So, I just want to go on record and say I'm all for helping people out. But... if you are completely incapable of participating meaningfully in the mission (as you apparently are unable to do it yourself by your own words), you should probably work on that first no? If you are incapable of contributing meaningfully you are just basically leeching off the other players.

A pretty good rule of thumb on this game is, if you can't do the mission at all, you probably shouldn't be there.

You are basically saying "I can't do the work, but I want the rewards, where can I go to that I will get carried and take advantage of others as this game doesn't allow people to kick useless me from the map" correct?

Edited by (XB1)Skylancer4

2 hours ago, (PS4)ChiefStevy said:

If you find that excavation missions are overall pretty difficult for you (I understand, the health of the excavator is pretty low and the excavator can be destroyed pretty easily without snowglobe) You can do Dark sector survivals, the one on Ceres is a good place (Gabii?). It rewards you with a key on 15 minutes.

right now I do Saturn and Jupiter (not dark sector) survival, which are pretty easy, and also easy to find a teammate in. it's just faster to do excavation, which I need a team mate for, yet can't find one. I still haven't unlocked Neptune or Pluto though, and that's what I'm trying to do right now.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Skylancer4 said:

So, I just want to go on record and say I'm all for helping people out. But... if you are completely incapable of participating meaningfully in the mission (as you apparently are unable to do it yourself by your own words), you should probably work on that first no? If you are incapable of contributing meaningfully you are just basically leeching off the other players.

I never said I can't contribute; I simply said I can't solo. warframe is built around two to four player co-op, with team mates helping each other complete a level. the idea is that players can do together what they can not do alone.