Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon rework

(PSN)alphacreed15

Just now, Epsik-kun said:

Let's try to name two things Oberon will be better at compared to Excalibur. I'll start:

1) You can effectively sell Oberon parts for credits.

1) Heal teammates directly.

2) Buff allies' armor.

3) Irradiate enemies.

4) Spawn health orbs.

5) Buff allies' damage.

Look at that! 5 really useful things! Who would've known?!

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

1) Heal teammates directly.

2) Buff allies' armor.

3) Irradiate enemies.

4) Spawn health orbs.

5) Buff allies' damage.

Look at that! 5 really useful things! Who would've known?!

1) Outperformed by a pizza. Realistically irrelevant above enemy level 20. RB will save team more health.

2) Achieves nothing. Less effective at saving lives compared to RB

3) So can do any weapon in the game

4) Does nothing

5) Indeed, but that's a separate specialized build, which is far from being "jack of all trades". And RB also buffs damage.

So, let's try to find at least one thing Oberon is better than Excal at.

Edited by Epsik-kun

I have no problem with jack of all trades frames they need also for the game. I personally think mostly he need tweeks statwise and later talk about reworks. His first, third and ult is acceptable may be could be tweak a bit the halloweed ground could be something more powerful ability orjust add some more mobility for that skill.

I think that he is on the scope because titania need a pair with whom can synergy so somehow they will give bonus when these two frames on a match but not sure what they will work on it.

My bet first day when titania comes out oberon will be famous again and peoples will go with him and with titania together.

My main Oberon but My first main was Loki. I like my frame and hope they will not destroy it instead they could give some tweeks.

21 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

On second thought, let me show you how it is done, because I feel I'll get an answer a la "Oberon can wear Feyarch Skin better than Excal":

1) Excal is better than Oberon in low level Exterminations, because RJ build can perform on a level of Ember;

2) Excal is better than Oberon in high level Exterminations, because he is much better at killing tough enemies;

3) Excal is better than Oberon in Defenses because he can either be a main damage dealer or provide a very handy CC with insane range;

4) Excal is better than Oberon in Excavations, because of much higher mobility and RB being a better skill for protecting an Excavator. Also, he scales much better, so overstayed Excavation isn't a problem for Excal.

5) Excal is better than Oberon in Survivals, because Excal's forte is Survivals;

6) Excal is better than Oberon in Spy, because he has "poor man's invisibility" via RB, long-range stealth attacks via EBlade and high mobility via Slash Dash

7) Excal is better than Oberon in Deception, because he has better mobility;

8) Excal is better than Oberon in Sabotage, because of his better mobility and ability to focus down priority targets;

9) Excal is better than Oberon in Capture, because of yet again mobility and target focus;

10) Excal is better than Oberon in Interception, because of his mobility, ability to hold a spot and high range on his abilities;

11) Excal is better than Oberon in resource farming, because he is one of this game's fastest AoE map cleaners;

12) Excal is better than Oberon in affinity farming, because duh.

13) Excal is better than Oberon in killing Stalker, because Stalker avoids me for the last two months already;

14) Excal is better than Oberon.

And the problem is, I am pretty sure you can do something along the lines for the majority of warframes in the game. I main Excal, so I know him well. I can also repeat this for Nova.

Warframe has a lot of "jacks of all trades" - every second warframe is a "jack of all trades". The problem is, they also have their specialization. Oberon is not a "jack of all trades". He is "meh of all trades".

Edited by Epsik-kun

4 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

1) Outperformed by a pizza. Realistically irrelevant above enemy level 20. RB will save team more health.

2) Achieves nothing. Less effective at saving lifes compared to RB

4) Does nothing

5) Indeed, but that's a separate specialized build, which is far from being "jack of all trades". And RB also buffs damage.

1) Ah yes, we all have and use health restores, and think health regeneration is useless. We also don't appreciate not having to use restores. There are also situations you'd likely die if you try to use a restore. Phoenix Renewal also exists.

2) Armor buffs on highly armored frames greatly to moderately improves survivability. Doesn't cost much either.

3) Usually not as effectively. Sometimes you wanna use magnetic or other damage types you can't use with radiation. Going by your logic, radiation weapons should probably be used over Irradiating Disarm.

4) Obviously, you don't appreciate Health Conversion or free healing. HC and health orbs will turn almost any frame, if not any frame, into a tank.

5) Only with finishers though. Oberon can even buff Excalibur's damage, including EB and RJ. Oberon will also increase damage of an ally to all enemies, instead of only making specific enemies take more damage.

4 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

2) Achieves nothing. Less effective at saving lifes compared to RB

4) Does nothing

1) Ah yes, we all have and use health restores, and think health regeneration is useless. We also don't appreciate not having to use restores. There are also situations you'd likely die if you try to use a restore. Phoenix Renewal also exists.

2) Armor buffs on highly armored frames greatly to moderately improves survivability. Doesn't cost much either.

3) Usually not as effectively. Sometimes you wanna use magnetic or other damage types you can't use with radiation. Going by your logic, radiation weapons should probably be used over Irradiating Disarm.

4) Obviously, you don't appreciate Health Conversion or free healing. HC and health orbs will turn almost any frame, if not any frame, into a tank.

5) Only with finishers though. Oberon can even buff Excalibur's damage, including EB and RJ. Oberon will also increase damage of an ally to all enemies, instead of only making specific enemies take more damage.

I the only problem I have is for Oberon that his Renewal need some tweaks and his augment mod. 

His renewal only work if you have taken health damage. It is difficult to heal/save someone (especially glass canon warframes) while using Phoenix since they can die pretty quick and due to the time travel. Even in high levels, most frames can get one shot, and the timer doesn't help that a lot. Someone mention your allies can get instant heal when in close range but I don't know the exact of it.

I would be happy if they can:

• Make the balls travel through objects
  • Instant heal within 10 meters(again I don't know the range of the normal one)
  • Continue to heal players with full health.
  • Lower time of Phoenix 

(someone mention this in another thread, don't know their name) Able Phoenix to revive players that are downfall. Feel like this may be op.

As for him in general, maybe increase his armor by 50 or health by 25.

His Hallow ground should provide a fix armor(something like 100) or raise to 50%. The 20% is low and only benefits to high armor warframes.

Other than that, I like how his is. I was trying not to go to far from his jack of trade. What you think guys?

I think that that Oberon only needs a small amount of rework, the rad proc for smite needs to be 100% and the blind effect from reckoning should last 10 seconds. I think that his hallowed ground should grant an increase shield than armor since his armor value is not high enough to make use of a 20% increase I also think that his passive should also boost your companions sates and abilities since it can introduce a frame that supports the companion since they provide a lot for us. even if these changes that I offer don't get pushed through I do think that Oberon needs to stay as a "jack of trades" but he really needs abilities that synergies very well to compensate. And also I think he needs some type of defensive trait mixed in to what he has, he can already damage, support(heal, utility, de-buff & buff), and crowd control, all he needs is somethin for defense and he will be perfectly well rounded.

3 hours ago, Cara360 said:

I the only problem I have is for Oberon that his Renewal need some tweaks and his augment mod. 

His renewal only work if you have taken health damage. It is difficult to heal/save someone (especially glass canon warframes) while using Phoenix since they can die pretty quick and due to the time travel. Even in high levels, most frames can get one shot, and the timer doesn't help that a lot. Someone mention your allies can get instant heal when in close range but I don't know the exact of it.

I would be happy if they can:

• Make the balls travel through objects
  • Instant heal within 10 meters(again I don't know the range of the normal one)
  • Continue to heal players with full health.
  • Lower time of Phoenix 

(someone mention this in another thread, don't know their name) Able Phoenix to revive players that are downfall. Feel like this may be op.

As for him in general, maybe increase his armor by 50 or health by 25.

His Hallow ground should provide a fix armor(something like 100) or raise to 50%. The 20% is low and only benefits to high armor warframes.

Other than that, I like how his is. I was trying not to go to far from his jack of trade. What you think guys?

I could actually appreciate this. If I could make tweaks to Oberon, I'd change Renewal to not be inverely affected by duration, which would make higher duration give more total health, while strength would still affect the healing rate. Of course, the healing rate would have to adjusted accordingly. This is mainly to make Phoenex Renewal more usable, but to also make providing health slightly more passive, rather than having to use it many times, unless teammates need the extra healing.

As for making Hallowed Ground's buff a set quantity, I wouldn't like that change, but I see its usefulness. In organized squads, Health Conversion will greatly help any frame with low armor (it really helps any frame), while Hallowed Ground helps the frames with higher armor values.

1 hour ago, (XB1)AFLIBERATOR said:

I think that that Oberon only needs a small amount of rework, the rad proc for smite needs to be 100% and the blind effect from reckoning should last 10 seconds. I think that his hallowed ground should grant an increase shield than armor since his armor value is not high enough to make use of a 20% increase I also think that his passive should also boost your companions sates and abilities since it can introduce a frame that supports the companion since they provide a lot for us. even if these changes that I offer don't get pushed through I do think that Oberon needs to stay as a "jack of trades" but he really needs abilities that synergies very well to compensate. And also I think he needs some type of defensive trait mixed in to what he has, he can already damage, support(heal, utility, de-buff & buff), and crowd control, all he needs is somethin for defense and he will be perfectly well rounded.

I ALSO LIKE YOUR IDEAS FOR OBERON LETS HOPE THOSE CHANGES GET IMPLEMEMENTED 2

What really is working against Oberon is that he is the only frame with a great depth in versatility, there are a few frames that are also versatile but their abilities are not as flexible. Because of this he is always being compared to those frames and to more specialized frames that are obviously better in one or two categories. You can use Oberon in any playstyle and mission to do very well but when it comes done to it most players just want frames that can do heavy damage and has strong survivability against high lvl enemies, he can have great survival if modded and equipped right but relies too much on weapons for heavy damage. 

8 hours ago, (XB1)AFLIBERATOR said:

he is the only frame with a great depth in versatility

No, the main problem Oberon has is that people think his special trait is being versatile while he is nothing special in that regard. There's quite a few frames that are much better than Oberon in all/vast majority of content (which essentially means they are much better at being "jacks of all trades"), who are more flexible and more versatile than he is.

Oberon needs specialization. You simply can't have a good and well-designed pure "jack of all trades" character in a game that's full of "jacks of all trades".

11 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

No, the main problem Oberon has is that people think his special trait is being versatile while he is nothing special in that regard. There's quite a few frames that are much better than Oberon in all/vast majority of content (which essentially means they are much better at being "jacks of all trades"), who are more flexible and more versatile than he is.

Oberon needs specialization. You simply can't have a good and well-designed pure "jack of all trades" character in a game that's full of "jacks of all trades".

I already mentioned that there are other versatile frames in game, but I don't see how Oberon is the least flexible of all of them since he covers more support flexibility then all other frames in the same class as him.

Don't read those who disagree to buff Oberon, they are Oberon haters. Fight for Obi's rights!!

Now getting serious, guys i disagree with you, Oberon is not ok, now Obi's better with the buff to reckoning (thanks DE by the way) but some things needs to get fixed, especially hallowed grounds, i don't see anything great about it nor useful, maybe if DE could make that ability mobile and some buff to it's effect it would be better. I do not agree with a rework, just some buff to his 2 and maybe to some stats like, armor or life.

1 hour ago, Vastia said:

Don't read those who disagree to buff Oberon, they are Oberon haters. Fight for Obi's rights!!

Now getting serious, guys i disagree with you, Oberon is not ok, now Obi's better with the buff to reckoning (thanks DE by the way) but some things needs to get fixed, especially hallowed grounds, i don't see anything great about it nor useful, maybe if DE could make that ability mobile and some buff to it's effect it would be better. I do not agree with a rework, just some buff to his 2 and maybe to some stats like, armor or life.

I was thinking allow Hallow Ground to: 

• Ignite allies half of the total timer from hallow ground when they touch it, allowing allies to keep their status immunity and armor buff but not knock back. Maybe increase recover speed by 20-50%% for a touch. Also ignite enemies who leave its area for damage over time.
  • Instead to place a carpet in front of him, he spawn 4 carpets around him. Like a + from the center.
  • Have its fire spread. Still instant but as time goes on, it start to expand cover more areas. 2-3 meters per sec for both length and width.

Does these ideas sound overpower or good buff? Let just hope they don't make this as a augment mod, even though he has one. I do agree though he need at least some stats buff as I mention before.

Edited by Cara360