Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tesla Tactic Or Complaint?

NitroMidgets

Last night I was in a squad when one of the members started to complain that I was griefing them. Initially I had no damn idea what they were talking about. I hadn't done anything intentional to be an &#!, though being an &#! does come naturally to me.

Eventually he explained that my use of Teslas was ruining the game for him. That really confused me.

I had always used them for more then what they were designed. I figure they work great, had decent duration and power usage. What they lacked was mobility.

So, I just tossed one onto the back of each squad member. It was like giving them an extra sentinel. It was on their back so it didn't screw with their vision. It provided a rear guard as well as extra offensive power. What's not to effin like?

Apparently it made my squad member mad.

Is that considered griefing? It wasn't ruining anything or breaking the game. It was just damn good use of tactics and resources. Hell, it should be a tactic everyone uses.

DE, was this something not intentional or do you agree with the use?

Last night I was in a squad when one of the members started to complain that I was griefing them. Initially I had no damn idea what they were talking about. I hadn't done anything intentional to be an &#!, though being an &#! does come naturally to me.

Eventually he explained that my use of Teslas was ruining the game for him. That really confused me.

I had always used them for more then what they were designed. I figure they work great, had decent duration and power usage. What they lacked was mobility.

So, I just tossed one onto the back of each squad member. It was like giving them an extra sentinel. It was on their back so it didn't screw with their vision. It provided a rear guard as well as extra offensive power. What's not to effin like?

Apparently it made my squad member mad.

Is that considered griefing? It wasn't ruining anything or breaking the game. It was just damn good use of tactics and resources. Hell, it should be a tactic everyone uses.

DE, was this something not intentional or do you agree with the use?

its a valid tactic imho but if this member dislike it, then just don't use it on him. 

Some people get angry because it can prevent them from killing with their melee weapons that they are trying to level up.

Others get upset because they wont have as many kills as you (I have had people yell and complain at me for using vortex and then killing everything sucked up with my shotgun because I 'killed too many enemies').

The most you can do is if they complain, dont stick it to them. Other than that most people welcome it as it is very useful and can help against the tougher enemies.

just courtesy man.

no means no.

its kinda bright (not as bright now a days i know but still in the way) and distracting. throw one on your sent and see how that makes you feel. even if you are OK with it not everybody is. and its not even a thing to get riled about.

some people just dont want your glowy balls yo.

Edited by MetalGerbil

Before the missions starts, ask if there is problem with doing that, if no, then stick them up. If yes, stick them up in their sentinel.

If random people, they are just being "resources" to an end. And you use those resources hell you want to. If they dislike, either stay still until the tesla goes down, or leave. On random people you're not there to help them. They are there to help you. End of story.

With friends. there is no grief, it's troll :D

Well then there's not much you can do. Ignore it and move on at this point.

Some people just like to find reasons to complain.

@gideonstar

That is one of the best synergies for abilities I have found in this game. The best one was a group of 3 vaubans all using all of their energy to deck out an ash and watch him bladestorm 2 or 3 times. Another good idea is to coat a loki and have him go invis next to the boss while shooting.

I honestly find it hilarious when I get tesla'd up. Makes me feel invincible...Anyway, I agree that maybe "no means no" on this one.0

But if players just chill out and cooperate like this game was intended, then we wouldn't need to further discuss this. Accusing someone of "Stealing kills" in a coop game sounds stupid and immature. Or maybe he had a traumatic childhood experience with Tesla coils or lightning.

Tesla killed his parents maybe?

Yes it can be considered kill stealing.

In public games I do not do this as I can see how people may find it offensive and choose not to do this.

But in a defense situation you will see most of these people who do complain will also stand infront of the teslas.

The further away you place the teslas the further away the players camp from the pod to make sure your teslas do not get the kills.

This can result in those camping players dieing at such a range that it is not possible to revive them without the pod being destroyed.

WHich also ends in these players generally leaving on the final wave.

@Yomuntai

Love the last line of that.

The only time that I ask people to not use tesla on me is when I am trying to level up a melee weapon. The reason is that tesla kills grants everyone frame xp and if you need weapon xp it becomes a bit annoying.

I will stick people unless they tell me otherwise. I'm not in the habit of doing it, but sometimes I do, especially if I see a certain player struggling. Some people just seem to have a hard time pointing their shooty tubes at the meat targets and need a little help.

I love a telsa on my back, it makes me feel like I got the "rainbow" start in Supper Mario Brothers ! I even get the theme song going on in my head as I roll through the mobs personally "supercharged".

But I also don't play with randoms. I suppose that is if bothers some one they should just suck it up and play the game and they ask you to stop it would be nice of you to stop. I personally don't see any reason why (you get xp for teams kills) but that's just my point of view. Some people are sticklers for their way of play (don't know why these people play MMOs) and anything you try to do outside of their special little box is gonna make them go crazy.

Edited by Carcharias

I was thinking his complaint could be based more on the idea that you're essentially playing the game for him, and "kill stealing" in this regard can make a person feel a lack of worth.  However, this would make more sense if it was a player with lower ranked/modded weapons that took longer to kill enemies. If they wanted to focus on an enemy that was away from other squadmates attention, your Tesla would get in the way.

Heck half the time I try and put one on someone it misses them, even if I am aiming right at them. It would be nice if we had a way to stick teslas to ourselves easily. I'd much rather load myself up with teslas. Maybe holding down 1 like a charge ability could do that. Vauban has like I think 8 grenade holders on his chest, they could use those slots for the graphics. Right now the only way to put them on yourself is to move the camera into weird angles and if you are luckily it will hit your sentinel or just maybe your back.

Theres nothing wrong with it, if you dont mind it. I myself dont like the look of things sitting on me and their effects clutter my screen so if someone starts to throw teslas on me i just tell em to stop and this is the end of the story. Wont get mad and start raging.