The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding the new dual daggers stance

Genitive

I really want to like the new stance, but in its current state it is very annoying to use. This is because the combos lock you in one place, without the option to move forward. So basically you are stuck in one place hitting air while being shot at. It's nice this stance doesn't break attack animation for once, but it is nearly unusable.

This lack of mobility is only detrimental to melee gameplay. Of course a change should be implemented where we will be able to move around while attacking, like in the rapier stance for example, but that's not everything there is to it.

If this trend is going to continue we need to be able to forcefully finish combos before their animation ends. By pressing alt fire, reload, roll, anything. Melee should be about mobility, so we should be able to quickly switch from attacking to running, without waiting for a combo to finish. 

It's not an issue with the stance, it's an issue with many weapons across stances. I'm pretty sure it's either a bug or undocumented change (most likely bug).

Heavy weapons also have this problem, twin swords also lock you in place and so on.

I know, but the introduction of a new stance is a good opportunity to adress the problem.

I wouldn't mind being locked in place if:

- the stance constantly moved you forward and closed gaps effectively

- we were able to cancel combos

The first option would require to redo most the combos, the second one is more achievable.

I mean that it's an issue introduced with the latest update, not a feature of the stance itself.

Since the big update many melee weapons are acting weird and it's happening across various melee types.

So it's not a feature of the stance, it's an universal bug that affects melee weapons. It also affects other twin dagger stances which I'm pretty sure didn't lock you in place before.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Ah, I get what you mean now, although I wasn't aware of that. I have only used a few of my melees after the update, but they seemed to work just fine. Anyway, thanks for the info, I'll just go now and do more testing.