Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the new Void supposed to be solo-able? 'cuz it isn't for me...

KuraioNokami

1 hour ago, KuraioNokami said:

Great. I have no friends and my clan is in the wrong timezone, so I can't Void anymore! Yay!

Yep. same here. The clan of 5 / 20 active members are on at odd hours for me, they are either bored of the game, or are just popping in to claim the daily reward. I'm used to running solo and I prefer it unless necessary. I even tried to marshal some folks together and do some T3/4 key sharing on the forums -- which was as effective as trying to learn about thermodynamics in region chat. I'd seriously consider leaving the clan, but I prefer the quiet of the clan chat over the critical levels of dumb I find in region.

My takeaway on the current direction is the following:

- Newer solo players are expected to join a clan. If you want to play solo you are not really welcome here unless you have top end gear/mods.
- New gates to progression. Sure they are just mini-achievements, but they are there to keep you from getting taxi/carried to a boss fight and insta-open the starmap. I guess? I have no idea what the thinking there really is. It is clearly just another gate/limiter for some reason or another. It's almost content for content's sake.
- The starmap, while pretty, is an intuitive mess. I do like the little popups and the animations for the bosses, that's about where my enthusiasm about the map redesign ends.
- I continue to not care about Lunaro.  It involves PvP and I do not enjoy the PvP culture thanks. The concept of Rathuum was okay. Too bad it seems like a game of who can one-shot the other first.

- The thing that killed my interest for the most part:
 Unless I have a coordinated team of fellow slowpokes (I'm almost always the last guy anywhere) I'm not going to be able to do much of anything void related, and I've hit that spot were I'm asking, "Why am I grinding in this game again?" Other than I'm sitting on 3/4 pieces of a bunch of Prime stuff, I'm not seeing a compelling answer.

I just solo'd a Mob Def level 45ish. Shadow Stalker and Vor showed up. I died twice but did it. 

For what?

Oh, no reward of note. Just some creds and an orokin cell.

Thanks DE. Changing review to negative on Steam (for far more complicated reasons that what I just described, of course).

Edited by Lanieu

1 hour ago, QuietBiro said:

To be honest, I'm finding public matchmaking to be yielding surprising results even on the highest tiers. I just need to bring my valkyr to be able to throw lemons in the fissure while taking damage. So far I haven't failed one fissure and I've been relying only on public matchmaking. Yesterday it was a bit tough as people didn't know about them, but today it is much better.

If no host migrations happen.

First fissure (the easy one) all went well untill we reached extraction. 2/4 players waiting. Host migration. Gets sent back to the ship.

And it keeps happening too, only workaround I found was setting my matchmaking ping to 100 so that I usually end up hosting.

Idk, I've failed the lowest level fissures a few times now running solo simply to the things not dropping. Kill all the mobs within a second or two of them spawning, and end up just sitting there waiting for things to spawn hoping they drop the things. Then the timer runs out and fail because the drop and/or spawn rate for solo is just too low to have enough things to jam in the hole.

39 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

If no host migrations happen.

First fissure (the easy one) all went well untill we reached extraction. 2/4 players waiting. Host migration. Gets sent back to the ship.

And it keeps happening too, only workaround I found was setting my matchmaking ping to 100 so that I usually end up hosting.

Yes. This is the one flaw with the current system - public games and not having the option to reconnect. More people should talk about this so DE notices. Old void was exclusively private games where reconnecting was always possible.