Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wall Crawling Bosses...

IIPREDATORII

I think a general wall crawling infested enemy type with some kind of ranged attack (golem gas cloud throw, but does shield DoT instead of poison) would be nice. It doesn't need to be a true boss. The infested have so few enemy types right now. Also they are handicapped in not being overly good at reaching players who retreat up objects. Having a latter game infested that can actually chase a player up the walls would be a good addition.

I like the idea of the infested having the wall crawlers... but would like to see the MOA have them to.

Even if its a boss or a grunt or both would be sweet crawling around everywhere. would be a weird change while fighting them to.

It would be great if even when theyre on the ground they can sneak up and bear hug you, or wrap you up in a webbing of sorts, from behind momentarily. Also spitting stuff that slows you down like the ice floor does in the void would be crazy.

The moa could have a robotic looking version of the infested crawlers.

Would be a great change thats for sure.

Imagine this:

Dark, abandoned Grineer Mining Base. Technocyte Plague everywhere. Almost all the lights are out. You know you're getting closer to the Phorid's Hive. Here it is... the fight begins... but you can't see him... your radar is pointing you in one direction but you can't see anything... because he's already right above you. He's crawling on the ceiling and walls, doing dodges and unpredictible attacks. You shat brix and waste your ammo clip on the walls because of the panic.

That's how I'd like to see Infested Boss fight.

I'm going to be honest and say I don't see a wall crawler fitting the Corpus nearly as much. They're all about proxies (things that if you plugged a person into they could manage) and drones. I couldn't see it as a weapons platform the way the Moa or Hyena/Quad proxies are. Maybe Corpus maintenance bots, but then again that's what their floating drones are for.

Maybe some kind of mobile person sized mining/excavation equipment. What the Corpus perhaps need is more of the "tool" variety proxies. Things that aren't built exactly for combat but they're busting out in desperation to stop rampaging Tenno.