Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Autostart Mission Bug

PapaFury

Not sure  if this is intentional or a bug - but in my opinion it is a huge bug. Let's look at today's Sortie 3, a spy mission. I figure I'll hit start and wait for others to join. Nope, autostarts immediately with the only option to Cancel. I try numerous other missions with same results, not even a millisecond wait it just starts. It appears we can no longer wait for others to join the team - we are expected to SOLO team missions?  

This doesn't look to be a bug as many other people, including myself, noticed that if you are solo and select a mission or node it autostarts. Players can still join the mission if you are on public and already loaded into the map, but it can still be frustrating. 

2 hours ago, TempestSea said:

This doesn't look to be a bug as many other people, including myself, noticed that if you are solo and select a mission or node it autostarts. Players can still join the mission if you are on public and already loaded into the map, but it can still be frustrating. 

Fair enough, I guess. I almost always have the higher level missions on public so others can join. To me, it has ruined part of the game with it autostarts before I can even Accept. I know my skill level and I look for others to join BEFORE I start. Besides, who starts a level 80-100 Sortie mission expecting to solo it even when it is on Public? The enemies don't wait 5 or 10 minutes before attacking while you wait for help to join. While I am sure a few long time players might - "I believe" the rest of us prefer to have a team, you know things like interception or closing a T3 & T4 Fissures. 

Edited by PapaFury
fix wording

This is definitely a problem, because once you load into a mission, there is both a timer that starts and an objective-sensitive lockout that will prevent any players from loading in or stop you from inviting in additional help. If the mission starts immediately without being able to gather players, and it doesn't find any within the first 30 seconds or so, you may never get any backup before you're not allowed to have any. We should be able to form a squad and then click to start the mission like before; it's extremely detrimental to keep getting thrown into defenses and interceptions on high-level maps alone even when set to public. I shouldn't have to manually recruit a squad in advance for every mission I want to run; that's what public matchmaking is supposed to be for.