Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exit Mission If Not All Players At Exit / Or Pug Controls

0Pinger

Simply we need the means to exit a mission if players take out on their and not help in anyway just to farm resources.  That or give the Host the ability to Kick players once they reach the exit but only once the mission is complete.

3 missions today and the same result, 2 players decided to resource farm, so 10-15minutes wasting my time waiting for them at the exit.  I am no rusher as I do kill my way to the exit but factor in the selfish and give us a way out or kick the resource farmers from pugs.

If they want to resource farm they invite each other and do it that way but not on my time.

Better solution might be to implement some kind of filter system. A box in the planets menu with little options to tick (farming resources, xp, looking for neurodes, speedrunning, etc.) That way people who want to do certain things are automatically, preferentially, grouped together to begin with, reducing in-mission issues.

Yes. A filter system such as this was put in the gw2lfg.com and works wonders. The community run dungeon finding website rarely puts people who hate each other on the same team. A few seconds to tick a few boxes.. a large return.

I like the game the way it is.

There's already a system in place that starts an exit timer when at least half of the players are at the extraction point. Which means it will start always unless you are the only person at the extraction point, in other words - you have left the rest of the team behind. In which case you are the one that needs to adjust, not them. Why should the mere fact of being the host give you the right of ruining the fun for the rest of the team?

Implement kicking and you'll get hosts who will kick people for their shields/HP being too low, for not performing well enough in their opinion, for not having [insert the OP frame/weapon of the week], or because 'Sorry but I'mma kick you 'cause I'm waiting for a friend and I dunno how to private lol.' Right now, when you make a public game and someone joins, you're stuck with them for good or worse and that at least is clear, predictable and fair.

The game is also balanced around that fact; unlike many other coop games, having one or two weaker players on the team doesn't ruin your run. And while some view that as a bad thing, I find it part of what makes it fun and different. If you don't like that, you can always play with friends or go solo.

Edited by Winterbraid

@Winterbraid I have been playing online since 1998.  On internet there are players that go out of there way to make problems/hack/cheat.  At the moment there is a gentleman's agreement to do the mission and exit asap.   That isn't happening, so its better to put the controls in place now in beta and not left it get to release code without it.

One mission, mobile defence.  I had the datamass so started to the first terminal to trigger the Lotus hack and they tagged along mostly looting until a corridor branched off and they went that way.  From that point on I never saw them again, after the first defence I asked are they coming to help, no reply in chat.  At the end I was at the exit and I waited 15 minutes and had to quit the mission because of that pair, one taking so long and two not bothering to reply in chat.

I was a UT admin for 4 years and have run a Freelancer server for 5 years, so experience tells me controls have to be in place for those that go out of their way to grief.

Would you like it if someone did that on a 12 hour alert stopping you from completing the mission as they go afk or off in their own world for an hour, I haven't the time for that.

Simply we need the means to exit a mission if players take out on their and not help in anyway just to farm resources.  That or give the Host the ability to Kick players once they reach the exit but only once the mission is complete.

3 missions today and the same result, 2 players decided to resource farm, so 10-15minutes wasting my time waiting for them at the exit.  I am no rusher as I do kill my way to the exit but factor in the selfish and give us a way out or kick the resource farmers from pugs.

If they want to resource farm they invite each other and do it that way but not on my time.

Stop crying because of them. Go play solo when you hate them :S.

And NO, NO KICK SYSTEM.

BYE

This gentleman's agreement you speak of doesn't exist. If there were one, it would be to adapt to what the majority of the team is doing. From the recent clan, void, and matchmaking additions/changes I have had to deal with more crap than ever, so I can assure you that no one pubbing gives a damn about etiquette anymore.

It also appears you are under the illusion that the host should have some authority. That is definitely not the case in this game. I don't get to choose to host or not. I don't get to choose who's game I join. I am simply thrown into a game. I don't have any options in this regard, therefore being the host gives you no authority.

Help your team move faster by doing what they are or find another way to play (solo, private, clan).

Edited by happyfunba11

why do we need the start of ur online experience? ahhhh not to hate but come on......

It's called backing up an idea through experience, give it 10 years and you might then understand.  Currently we have to wait or quit the mission and redo it because some think its right to farm resources without helping to do the actual mission.  Spawns increase with more players and so does the difficulty, which some don't not  put out with the effort to help to complete the mission.

Mission can take 10-15 minutes on average, then because they won't come to the exit another 15 minutes plus wait, which I then have to trust the RNG gods I don't get the same idiots again if I have to cancel it.

As for the play solo comment demonaii, this is a Co-Operative game, that fact might have whooshed over your head.

A cooperative ("coop"), co-operative ("co-op"), or coöperative ("coöp") is an autonomous association of persons who voluntarily cooperate for their mutual, social, economic, and cultural benefit.

There in black and white for you

Edited by 0Pinger

I think it would help if players could 'use' the extraction point to exit. It's really annoying on the Grineer Galleon levels when an enemy drops a mod at the extraction point, and you can't get it because you'll be completing the mission as soon as you walk into it.

I dislike the idea of a kick system, because it can cause a lot of grief for a normal player who might have gotten on the bad side of an ill-tempered squad.

What I think would be better would be this:

• Players can leave a session at any time through an extraction point, depressurizing the room for a short time before another extraction craft takes over. If the player leaves by him/herself without the rest of the squad within a timeframe, that player will receive a penalty to bonus XP and credits gained.
  • When using the extraction point, the player mounts him/herself onto it and a short countdown starts (5-3 seconds); that player can leave the extraction point before it ends, but otherwise ‘completes’ the mission. Abusing this causes the next use to be an instant extraction and a voiced reprimand from the Lotus.

Now there needs to be a way to fill in the gaps left by early leaving players, especially on harder missions.

• Players can join a session at any time if a squad is not full regardless of objective completed or not, but will spawn in an alternate starting point that is close to the squad, but not with them.
  • The host can carry/or has the ability to create a distress signal; enabling players to join the mission for a short amount of time. Doesn’t work if the squad is full. Limited use.
Edited by DSMK2