AGreatGuy

​TERA founders pack:

8 character slots on every server

permanent mount

extra three bank pages

extra two market pages of listings

20$

Lrn2bundle

and this pack is buggy and gameforge doesnt deliver everything btw its not founder its the collectors edition and i had it, doesnt change the fact though that the normal price for a characterslot is 299 terathaler, and thats 30€.

and it doesnt change the fact that you still have to pay real money doesnt change the fact you cat get it for free also it doesnt change the fact that 20plat for 1.4€ is nothing

and this pack is buggy and gameforge doesnt deliver everything btw its not founder its the collectors edition and i had it, doesnt change the fact though that the normal price for a characterslot is 299 terathaler, and thats 30€.

and it doesnt change the fact that you still have to pay real money doesnt change the fact you cat get it for free also it doesnt change the fact that 20plat for 1.4€ is nothing

Oh, no. But that's how microtransactions get you. Tell me how I can buy only 20 plat and you get a cookie.

And yeah, TERA founders is 20$ or whatever equivalent in €. It's the title you get in the package ffs. Founders. Seems like someone hasn't logged on in a while. Collectors edition is different and you can't input the code in backwards for any of them pre-December 2012 for a secondary mount + bonus items. I like how you diverged back to plat and warframe cause the TERA point got blown out the water. You just wait, plat prices are gonna get revamped because monetizing a game in beta is disgusting.

Oh, no. But that's how microtransactions get you. Tell me how I can buy only 20 plat and you get a cookie.

And yeah, TERA founders is 20$ or whatever equivalent in €. It's the title you get in the package ffs. Founders. Seems like someone hasn't logged on in a while. Collectors edition is different and you can't input the code in backwards for any of them pre-December 2012 for a secondary mount + bonus items. I like how you diverged back to plat and warframe cause the TERA point got blown out the water. You just wait, plat prices are gonna get revamped because monetizing a game in beta is disgusting.

I didn't say anything about a secondary mount, on release there were still collectors edition etc, and I already had a valid version pre launch, also I had the closed beta access,

I wasn't the only one that did it that way, gameforge simply messed up the launch,my guild had over 100 members, thanks to the launch and terrible item distribution they've left the game shortly after because people were sick of their game politics.

and also calling tera founder is simply a lie, the game was already founded it's out of the beta for a long time, it launched arleady a long time ago, that's anything from a real founder,

and as daffan said, only slots and potatoes (and maybe forma) are plat worthy and these stuff are max 20plat each.

ps and the only PLAT ONLY contents are colours and slots

take away the slots now you have only few colourpacks which you can get only by platinum. they've said they've revamp the platinum prices, not because of the potaotes, but weapons/frames

Edited by SeiraSunmin

All games cost money to play. The difference with free to play games is that the smaller few pay more, which allows some people to pay nothing.

Developers have to manage a fragile balance between not restricting people playing for nothing, and "encouraging" people to spend real cash.

Personally I think DE have got it right for the most part. THere isn't anything except colours that you cant get for free (using time instead of money)

BUT

You pay for convenience, either to get stuff faster, or to have more warframes to play with at any one time.

If you pay nothing, you can still play as every war frame, the only downside is that you have to "sell" one to start a new one, or pay real money to keep them.

Sounds pretty fair to me.

Edited by MisterG

The game has the "free to play" feel but the major issue I've had is insufficient item and warframe slots. Having only 6 weapons at a time and only 2 warframes at a time feels very restricting. For a free to play person like me, I'd rather not spend money on something i don't have to. I believe making inventory slots purchasable for in-game credits would boost the free to play sense of the game.

(this is the only major conflict i have with warframe as it is the only thing you can't get with ingame credits/grinding)

I'll tell you what I usually tell people that complain about this:

You've played the game and now you're getting serious. DE's bills are also serious, surely there is some kind of compromise you can reach here?

I think they have given generously.  I like that it is free-to-play in that there is no monthly fee and I did not need to buy the game.  They also were great when they didn't make it a pay-to-win game.  I'm glad to be a founder and support this game.  I hope you will too.

If you want extra frames pay for the slots.

Otherwise, delete the frame you don't plan on using often so you can claim the one you plan on using. If you want to go back to maining the old frame remake it. 

It's clearly working as intended if something you want but don't need at all to play costs platinum. Platinum is also cheaper than you think with the 50% off daily bonus or a founder pack.

Edited by Watlok