Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grappling Hook Makes Excalibur's Super Jump Pointless?

General-Griffin

Yes it does, it makes useless to equip a skill, that wastes mod slots and power if i can perform the same thing (even better) with an item. Same thing goes for Ash's Teleport and, partially, for Loki's Switch Teleport.

It's a mean of superior mobility, therefore it makes useless mobility's skills

Okay but what if you want to actually have a melee weapon/pistol? Since its likely going to either be a secondary weapon or a melee weapon, you are missing out on damage by equipping it. You are trading damage for more mobility. The warframe powers can still be used if you prefer to have damage. If it for some reason takes a mod slot instead, then you are missing out on the other things from the powers.

It isn't superior in everyway. The grapling hook will obviously have a limited range and you have to actually latch onto something. Excals superjump can still be used for combat purposes to escape hordes of enemies or to jump slam around stun locking enemies. Lokis switch teleport actually switches stuff, so that is entirely different then just a mobility tool. Ash's teleport targets enemies, that could be on ground level, while the grapling hook targets ledges or things above you.

wow grapling hooks... what else you need maybe ladder too ? you have wall runs , high jumps , wall jumps. and yet you need a rope :/

I share that view. And I'm a big fan of getting around fast in Warframe but the hook seems very skill-free but it really depends on how it's going to be implemented I guess (which it probably will be ;S )

The grappling hook is being made into a universal mobility mod, why not super jump? I would imagine the grappling hook would cost little to no energy to activate (however it would seem suitable to apply an energy cost if super jump and switch teleport remains in their current forms). Therefore, in my opinion, it would be better to turn super jump into an passive amplification of all airborne manoeuvres, jumping, wall leaping slide jumping etc that is universal for all frames and add a new ability to the Excalibur warframe that improves its utility.    

Just leave super jump exclusive to excalibur, but let it jump in the air.

Super Jump is a terrible ability idea for a multitude of reasons:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/29614-every-warframe-should-be-able-to-super-jump-excalibur-should-get-a-melee-boost-ability-instead/

Setting it on fire and either making it a universal ability that any warframe can do just for coolness' sake by holding ("charging") jump (trading off vulnerability for ease of use) or outright removing it would be far better. So as mobility options that reduce or eliminate the usefulness of superjump appear, I fully welcome it.

Because superjump should never have been a mod, or unique to a single Warframe.

Edited by MJ12