The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Water Lag

SAYO

Hi,

Ever since the endless defense map in Proteus was revamped, it has become very unpleasant to play on that map.

There is a river that flows right across the middle and it is not internet lag.

I had the exact same issue when I used to play diablo 3. Anywhere with flowing water physics would

be really hard on certain graphics card.

I hope you can take away the river or inform me of a way to disable the water physics

because it is the only defense where I can farm ferrite and module efficiently.

Thank you!

Hi,

Ever since the endless defense map in Proteus was revamped, it has become very unpleasant to play on that map.

There is a river that flows right across the middle and it is not internet lag.

I had the exact same issue when I used to play diablo 3. Anywhere with flowing water physics would

be really hard on certain graphics card.

I hope you can take away the river or inform me of a way to disable the water physics

because it is the only defense where I can farm ferrite and module efficiently.

Thank you!

Hi SAYO, the water in this level is definitely a problem as I have been able to reproduce it on my end as well. Unfortunately I cannot give an ETA on when it will be fixed, but I can assure you that we are actively looking into it. Thanks!

It's not just this water it's all water that this problem occurs. During Void runs if I go to where there is like a pipe running water it'll instantly drop from 90 FPS to 15. That's too much of a dive just for water.

Good call. There is definitely something fishy going on with the water effects that we are going to need to look into.

it's a shame really. It's not like the water reacts to players in it, deforming the actual model of the water. It's just a pretty specular map that wiggles around, with some 2d splash effects when things move through it.

I"ve got a few friends who have less than stellar computers who play this game with me. When the corpus map was given the water, 2 of them told me they simply couldn't play that gametype anymore because their computers couldn't handle it. It pushed their performance into the negative, and they're unwilling to play there, or on void maps :T it's a real drag. I do hope this is still undergoing investigation.

I have the same issue. My game runs so smoothly up until I look at water. What's weird is that some bodies of water don't give me this problem at all; it's mainly the ones on maps similar to Outer Terminus. My current workaround is to either 1) aim right up at the sky whenever I come across water - my frame rate returns to normal when I do this - or 2) just try to avoid water as much as possible. I'd really appreciate a fix :/

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up that a potential fix has been submitted and will hopefully arrive with the next update. Unfortunately I do not have an ETA on when you can expect this update but it should appear in the Build Notes subforum once it is released (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/3-update-build-notes/).

Please be sure to let us know if water performance continues to be a problem after the fix is released.

Thanks a lot everyone!

Edited by DE_Dmitri