Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Poll] Tigris Prime, and Unvaulted Weapon buffs

Sir.X

Odd logic in play here...

Tigris is a burst weapon and the Sancti is probably already scratching the dps ceiling.  Lowering the raw damage (has to happen when you add crit) on a burst weapon in favor of crit sounds like too nifty of an idea for a few and a bad idea for everyone else. If it works, it'll get nerfed in 3 months. If it doesn't, it will get derided as the "bad" Tigris. 

Boar Prime and Dakra Prime are great weapons now and definitely in the upper tiers in their own right. Why do they need buffs?

There are tons of weapons that need that iteration more.

So the logic appears to be that if the weapons doesn't compete with the #1 ranked item, it is automatically bad and not worth having.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

You can already change it with mods. Modded to have extra rounds, current max is 4 shots.

My point is the Sindicate Proc on Sancti Tigris is actual strong enough for taking out week mobs, so its just need to focus on strong enemies.

Where Tigris P would'nt have Sindicate mod to work with.

So doulbe trigger duplex without to wasting modslot for it will do insane of damage.

Crit chance isnt nessesery Tigris pellet spread is supertight that i can easyly headshooting enemies even on 50 meters or more away

16 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

Odd logic in play here...

Tigris is a burst weapon and the Sancti is probably already scratching the dps ceiling.  Lowering the raw damage (has to happen when you add crit) on a burst weapon in favor of crit sounds like too nifty of an idea for a few and a bad idea for everyone else. If it works, it'll get nerfed in 3 months. If it doesn't, it will get derided as the "bad" Tigris. 

Boar Prime and Dakra Prime are great weapons now and definitely in the upper tiers in their own right. Why do they need buffs?

There are tons of weapons that need that iteration more.

So the logic appears to be that if the weapons doesn't compete with the #1 ranked item, it is automatically bad and not worth having.

So, why take 10 bullets to kill a enemy when you only need 2? And why take only 20 swings to kill a enemy when you only need 10? I am not stating that those weapons need super buffs so that they are the best because they are primes, I am saying that people are only going to use "these" selection of weapons because they are the most efficient, and sometimes because they are fun to use. If they are buffed, more people would use them. You can't say the Boar prime is used more than the Sancti Tigris, and the Dakra prime was used the most, until about 5 other weapons came along and were more powerful.

I mean, the polls speak for themselves. People kinda want a crit Tigris Prime, and they REALLY want the unvaulted weapons to be buffed.

4 hours ago, shadow18715 said:

So, why take 10 bullets to kill a enemy when you only need 2? And why take only 20 swings to kill a enemy when you only need 10? I am not stating that those weapons need super buffs so that they are the best because they are primes, I am saying that people are only going to use "these" selection of weapons because they are the most efficient, and sometimes because they are fun to use. If they are buffed, more people would use them. You can't say the Boar prime is used more than the Sancti Tigris, and the Dakra prime was used the most, until about 5 other weapons came along and were more powerful.

I mean, the polls speak for themselves. People kinda want a crit Tigris Prime, and they REALLY want the unvaulted weapons to be buffed.

Basically, what you are saying supports my impression of the logic at play here.

...That logic is wrong-headed.

Unless everything is set to be on exactly One tier (we know this isn't the case) then some things are going to do more damage than others in the same time frame. Period.

What is being sought here is to shift some older items up to another dmg tier because they are older and to make others even more powerful because they are Prime.

Neither stance makes sense... You immediately undercut any argument when you argue for a high tier weapon to receive a dps boost when there is a truckload of other weapons who are under-performers in relevant need of a boost. 

Had we been talking about weapons like the Hind (costly to acquire, and a natural under performer) I'd be right there with you.

...But I know the weapons you are talking about.

...I've used the weapons you are talking about

...I have the weapons you are talking about

They don't need buffs. 

Arguing efficiency is likewise irrelevant as that's your job/challenge as a min-maxer (which you clearly are) to make it as efficient as possible. Min-Maxers really have no place in a balance discussion because what they do eschews balance for efficiency.

The items in question are already efficient... They aren't as efficient as the top tier, but they don't have to be in order to be effective.

Likewise, the polls say nothing...

Poll: "Would you like more power?  Yes or No"

Such a question will always skew to "yes" by virtue of the fact that asking for more of anything viewed as good/useful is natural.

"Wanting" more isn't a valid argument to "Getting" more though.