Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Lottery System

Blatantfool

Mods can be a real pain sometimes. Not that the game doesn't give you plenty - simply that getting a certain mod can be a real issue.

Inevitably players are going to reach a point with their frame where they think 'This is the optimal way to set X weapon up for my gameplay.'

Right now you just gotta hope you've got the Mods available to take that all the way.

So I want a way to gamble bad mods to try to get one with an effect I need. I see it like this.

1-2 white mods go into the machine for a white of a new effect. - 1k creds too.

3 white mods go into the machine for a green of a new effect. - 1.5k creds.

1-2 green for a new green. - 2k creds.

3 green for a blue. - 3k

1 blue for a new blue. - 5k

2 blue with the same effect will reroll the numbers but KEEP the effect type. - 5k

If you want to roll a weapon specific mod type then ALL the mods you pop in must be weapon specific.

Popping a Warframe Mod in with a Bolto mod could turn into anything at all. Popping a Pistol mod in with a Bolto mod will guaruntee a pistol mod however - it just wont be a weapon specific mod.

If the mods put in are of a different level the mod coming out will always be leveled somewhere in between the two highest level options. If the levels are identical you'll always get that level mod back.

Edited by Blatantfool

I was hoping to do something similar with blueprints : / cause at least you can sell unwanted mods hehe.

Still we can be hopeful.

Repeatedly aqcuiring the same blueprints doesn't really hurt that much - although admittedly I'd love an option to light my Jaw sword prints aflame.

An option like this for mods would be sorta secondary. Right now selling mods is generally the best way to get money - however now they are also useful to try to get mods you'd really want. Especially if you manage to find a few mods of a type or rarity you like. It is just another set of options as to what to do with your mission spoils and could prove immensly useful.

After all - not everyone will want to keep a Blue Bronco mod with Electric damage on it. However you can now try rerolling that mod for a Fee into something you DO want.

I like the idea of a choice between making money off a mod or putting money into them. Credits well up at a pretty nice rate regardless.

Edited by Blatantfool

I feel more for a fusion system instead of a lottery.

Honestly this isn't far from that.

You put mods in and for relatively cheap you get a mod out. You'd have specific things you can do to effect the outcome in order to see that it ends up in your favor.

With any level of rarity you can pop a single mod in. This rerolls it 100% random. It could come out anything. The only thing you know for sure is that it will be the same rarity level and the same rank.

Put in 2 mods and the ability to effect the type of mod comes into play. 2 of the same effect or just 2 of the same type of mod will mean that you'll reroll and obtain the same type.

Green Bolto + Green Bolto = Green Bolto w/ random effect.

Green Warframe Sprint Speed + Green Ash Sprint Speed = Green Power Duration with random Warframe requirement. Or maybe even NO specific warframe requirement.

I also include a path that allows for rarity tier upgrading - although it should probably be a little more expensive since being able to turn trash mods into blues over time is quite a powerful thing.

Edited by Blatantfool

What if you could buy blueprints from the market to craft a mod with?

Better stats = higher price.

Sell unwanted mods, acquire credits, spend credits on mods you want.

These market mods would ofc cost a nice amount of credits.

To still keep crafting in the game, you'd have to gather the crafting items and wait for the crafting process to finish.

Since this is F2P, but money needs to come from somewhere, you could pay some plat to rush the crafting process.

What if you could buy blueprints from the market to craft a mod with?

Better stats = higher price.

Sell unwanted mods, acquire credits, spend credits on mods you want.

These market mods would ofc cost a nice amount of credits.

To still keep crafting in the game, you'd have to gather the crafting items and wait for the crafting process to finish.

Since this is F2P, but money needs to come from somewhere, you could pay some plat to rush the crafting process.

I prefer the mods stay as is. Buying specific mods would be sorta lame and just adds to farm anyway. Game doesn't need more farming.

My suggestion is also a way to get rid of useless mods. Like I said in an earlier post. It gives you a choice - sell the mod or put money into it to try to turn it into something good.

Yeah. I noticed. I still feel it is a bit different though.

I've got two niggling issues as I farm and progress. Money and bad mods. If I could use both to get good mods? Sounds great.

I'm also just not feeling the idea of being able to buy a recipe for a specific mod. I think it should still be up to your drops.

Edited by Blatantfool

Okay, hmm..

You put some amount of unwanted mods onto a table.

Then you pay some money.

A machine generates a blueprint with a bit random stats based on the mods that are on the table.

If you're not happy with the blueprint, you pay a bit more money and get a different blueprint.

If you are happy with it, you loose the mods that are on the table and then get the blueprint.

Okay?

And why I'm trying to force this blueprint/crafting thing is because once you have the weapons and warframe you want to use (which can be pretty fast, depending on your taste) there isn't anything left to craft and buy with platinum.

This is a f2p game, but the money has to come from somewhere. Could as well be like this.

Getting new and better mods could continue forever.

If you really want new content, new enemies, missions, weapons etc. you have to wait for developers.

But this mod system is a simple way to keep you occupied while you wait for something new and actually interesting.

Mission difficulty levels and your rank can also go for ever.

But yeah, does this mod thing sound good to you?

I dunno. Maybe the transfer system I suggested could be BPs themselves?

Make them cheap as hell on the in-game market for credits and BAM. You've got more action going on in the foundry then before.

All you have to have is the correct type of mod for a BP to hit Build. When you do a menu pops up all smooth-like to let you specify which.

To be honest I don't see why expending materials on mods would ever be worthwhile. I'd rather the game just eventually has enough weapons and stuff that all the materials are useful.

I dunno. Maybe the transfer system I suggested could be BPs themselves?

Make them cheap as hell on the in-game market for credits and BAM. You've got more action going on in the foundry then before.

All you have to have is the correct type of mod for a BP to hit Build. When you do a menu pops up all smooth-like to let you specify which.

To be honest I don't see why expending materials on mods would ever be worthwhile. I'd rather the game just eventually has enough weapons and stuff that all the materials are useful.

At the moment I've got 13016 pieces of salvage, 11489 nano spores and 12121 pieces of ferrite... I was just thinking that maybe they could be actually used for crafting. :/

chip trader in battle network was cool

they could hide a mod trader machine in alerts that lets you put in 3 mods for a chance for a diffrent one ect

and a rare mod trader that lets you slot 10 mods for 1 diffrent one with a rarer affect or higher ability

I'd rather not have that hidden in levels. Having guys want to stand around and use the machine over and over would be really annoying and on the other hand you'll even find it really annoying when you are working at processing mods and the other players go on and actually complete the level on you.

Lets keep things like this where they belong - in the actual menus.

The right place for this would be the Foundry. Done via special recipe.

Edited by Blatantfool

At the moment I've got 13016 pieces of salvage, 11489 nano spores and 12121 pieces of ferrite... I was just thinking that maybe they could be actually used for crafting. :/

Maybe it justs costs some salvage or ferrite in general to process a mod? The recipe could consist of however many mods you need to complete the type of roll you want and then some Salvage/Ferrite/Nanospore based on rarity level. You could even afford to keep my pricing on it then.

Maybe you could get some mod vending machine tickets from alerts or from somewhere else.

Yeah.. I don't know.

Maybe it justs costs some salvage or ferrite in general to process a mod? The recipe could consist of however many mods you need to complete the type of roll you want and then some Salvage/Ferrite/Nanospore based on rarity level. You could even afford to keep my pricing on it then.

I'm okay with this.

Edited by Kaiku

Yeah the only thing I'd be absolutely against is sticking some stupid machine mid mission. No exceptions - this is a poor idea.

If a player needs something it needs to be locating in the menu somehow to be used between missions. Gathering tickets for it or only being able to use it sometimes destroys the point a bit too.

It is a money/mats/mod sink. A useful one.