Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grenades

Zelex

• 2 weeks later...

Reviving this topic.

Grenades would be a nice addition because it opens up a new level of play. Flushing enemies out into the open or having two or three laid down to clear the way for a regroup when getting swarmed, perhaps.

In fact, you could have them not as an equipment option, but as a global skill for all frames; perhaps costing 25 energy a throw and used in sacrifice of a low-level power? I think there are a good few ways this could happen, and for me it seems to be a missing aspect of combat that would add depth.

Enemies have grenades why dont we? Also as much as i hate enemies infinatly spamming perfectly aimed grenades, I fell the enemies aim with them needs a little help, been playing for a while and never been hit by one.

I vote yes on grenades.

heck we dont even have a grenade launcher right now.

there is a distinct lack of arcing weaponry in this game right now.

I totally agree that grenades would be cool..

But ninjas dont use grenades! so why would space ninjas?

Actually Ninja did use various thrown objects full of poison and powders....

even explosives when availble.

Plus ninja are all about wining not sticking with any sort of particular weapon just for traditions sake

I vote yes on grenades.

heck we dont even have a grenade launcher right now.

there is a distinct lack of arcing weaponry in this game right now.

Actually Ninja did use various thrown objects full of poison and powders....

even explosives when availble.

Plus ninja are all about wining not sticking with any sort of particular weapon just for traditions sake

Makes sense :p but im just not a big fan of them :p

I think the game is a little too fast-paced for grenades...or should be in any case. Genades put a picture in my mind of someone behind a chest-high wall stopping, aiming, and throwing it to flush someone else out of a chest-high wall. We sprint at people and cut them in half with space swords thank you very much.

If they were added at least let it be a launcher of some type so it can be used while on the move.

Or you can just throw the boomers as you past enemy fire.

And I like the idea of shurikens.

How 'bout space shurikens?

Little discs with spinning blades, grinding through synthetic scum like it was a soft boiled egg...filled with lots of blood.

Edited by Scyfle

I won't support grenade that deals straight damage but a more subtle type. Smoke/Flashbang/Poison/Caltrop grenades are more 'ninja-ish' (in my opinion). Disabling group of enemies and allow the team to rush in and stab, slash, hack, shoot them to death.

However, enemies' grenade need some works to make them a little more accurate and a bit more obvious. Make them RED in stead of BLUE like everything else would be a good start.