Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A second way to get primes

tedbearr

Not really about a new farming system, since we got a new relic thing, but to change the way to get primes. Let's use a example for Vauban prime.

Some guy goes "yes! I finally got my Vauban after waiting a 2 months for his alert!" And then you see that Vauban prime is the next prime. He looks cooler and better stats, so it makes you and me feel bad for the guy right?

If you don't, you should. Anyways, I was thinking that we should be able to use our regular Warframes and weapons into prime ones. Just farm  another type of orokin device, craft it, and put a Vauban in with some special prime parts required, wait a few days, and yay! A Vauban prime for you. 

I don't know if you should be able to keep what your forma'd and potatoed on these "prime converted" Warframes and weapons, because it seems lazy.

"Why would you do this instead of regular farming prime parts if you still have to farm?" Well, my thought was that one, you can use what you have to make it better, and two, the grind for the special sorts to upgrade your boring old frame or weapon will be less (but if you are going to farm a prime by getting the vanilla version and then upgrading it to prime it will take longer or so). 

We all know that the grind is real in this game *looks at Vauban chassis oxium cost and wukong research*, so that's my thoughts.

Bad idea.

This kind of dynamic would render Prime Access useless, dumb even - and that's a big no-no if we still want Warframe to last and progress.
It's only right for prime stuff to have a grind wall: it's the "shiny thing" in the game and it's still (grindably) free.

Can't really complain, this model is perfect for both supporters and freeloaders.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

I don't think it would work with lore , cuz like, primes were made before the normal so it would,n;t make sense to make the original from a copy , right ?

Other way around, the Primes were upgrades to the originals.

Plus the ones we have as base are merely built off of basic blueprints made from scraps or early models, the primes use exact blueprints.

That and lore wise the Primes were likely used only for certain ceremony, why waste the time making something you dispise till you absolutely needed too... Say towards the end of the war as the Warframe became well known and loved by the masses, at that point you'd make them all shiny is Orokin manner and make them yet another status symbol.

19 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Other way around, the Primes were upgrades to the originals.

Plus the ones we have as base are merely built off of basic blueprints made from scraps or early models, the primes use exact blueprints.

That and lore wise the Primes were likely used only for certain ceremony, why waste the time making something you dispise till you absolutely needed too... Say towards the end of the war as the Warframe became well known and loved by the masses, at that point you'd make them all shiny is Orokin manner and make them yet another status symbol.

I am not spewing things from my imagination  ... 

It is confirmed ( not sure where tho ) that the primes were the original and our normals are tenno made . I'm sure of what im talking about

Edited by (PS4)joe03827

13 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

I am not spewing things from my imagination  ... 

It is confirmed ( not sure where tho ) that the primes were the original and our normals are tenno made . I'm sure of what im talking about

You mean confirmed by the player made and maintained wiki?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Prime

There is nothing that supports that, it's just a player idea like we are too creatures moving between bodies.

Edited by SilvaDreams

1 hour ago, SilvaDreams said:

You mean confirmed by the player made and maintained wiki?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Prime

There is nothing that supports that, it's just a player idea like we are too creatures moving between bodies.

1st Wikis don't make up lore and they get it from either from the Game or the devs 

2nd . They wouldn't put incorrect information cuz that would mislead players and it will fail being a wiki 

3rd . Im sure DE said this in a stream but i don't remember which , 

I'll get more info that helps what I say

And btw if u ask experiened players from the community they would say what I said

Edited by (PS4)joe03827

8 hours ago, felixsylvaris said:

You can also farm Vauban Prime sell it and buy regular from market.

Or just stop being cheap and buy plat when discount happens.

Be patriot, support industry!

Free to play game I don't wanna buy plat.

9 hours ago, NativeKiller said:

Prime access is actually a thing so... no? :3

D.E wants to make a profit after all.

It's just a suggestion for a different way to get prime stuff. Like how you can get relics and fusion cores by either excavation, spy missions, or survival.

2 hours ago, Taedber said:

It's just a suggestion for a different way to get prime stuff. Like how you can get relics and fusion cores by either excavation, spy missions, or survival.

I knew that it was just a suggestion so I just offered my opinion on it as well.

I am not trying to upset you but your suggestion just wouldn't work.

Aside from anything else, D.E would just most likely never give up on their profits from Prime access like that.

Furthermore, just think of all the lore-breaking that would happen as well, if it would mean anything at all.

Edited by NativeKiller

4 hours ago, NativeKiller said:

I knew that it was just a suggestion so I just offered my opinion on it as well.

I am not trying to upset you but your suggestion just wouldn't work.

Aside from anything else, D.E would just most likely never give up on their profits from Prime access like that.

Furthermore, just think of all the lore-breaking that would happen as well, if it would mean anything at all.

It just makes me feel better that I'm using something I have been using for a long time and make it better. Like in Pokemon, evolving a zubat into a golbat feels nicer than just going out to catch a golbat. But I understand what you mean, and DE will most likely not do this