Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So....I Bought A Supposedly Haunted Doll Off Ebay

MegpoidBeetle

20 hours ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

Aaaaand doll is still in the same place that I left her. Tried asking her does she wanna play tag or hide and seek but no response :<

Guess she just doesn't like me.

You just need to do the thing, you know, the love thing

5 hours ago, 321agemo said:

Have u tried playing some music.

Am guessing she really dislikes Kamen Rider soundtracks

5 hours ago, Skycook3y said:

You just need to do the thing, you know, the love thing

Oh trust me, I am loving her and cuddling her like I used to do it to my ex,

5 hours ago, Ambiroa said:

I've never been into dolls, this made me curious, what exactly is it? I'm guessing it's lore-heavy?

Ima copy paste the seller's description here:

Spoiler
SARIYA- A beautiful young Russian who died TOO young and has been trapped underneath the ice. Now her spirit is bound to this vessel. 

According to Sariya, she was born many years ago into a family that served in the house of a rural Lord. She was incredibly beautiful and her own family had high hopes that maybe they could get some fortune through a beneficial marriage. Who knows? maybe some rich tradesman would pay top dollar to have a beautiful young wife like Sariya. But Sariya was not interested in being sold off to a wealthy suitor like a piece of cattle. Sariya did not enjoy the scornful looks of the old women, and the gossiping of the young women who thought she was sleeping with the young lord. Sariya enjoyed being alone in the forest, picking berries in the summer and gathering firewood in the winter. According to Sariya the forest is the only place she felt truly at home. 

One particular night Sariya was carrying a bundle of firewood she had found across the lake. She tells me it was snowing and she looked for the lights of her master's house to guide her across the frozen lake. Things took a turn for the worse when she heard a crack somewhere nearby. She was ready in the middle of the lake, it was too late to turn back. Her best hope was to run and hope that she could make it to the other side! This hope was misguided, and as soon as she stepped forward the ice below her gave way. The currents of the ice pulled her below, and she cold not find the hole she fell through. She drowned underneath the frozen lake. 

It snowed for the rest of the night, covering her footprints. The rest of the winter would be cold and soon the ice would freeze over. There would be no trace of what happened to her. Sariya said she felt like this for many years, she did not see sun as her vessel fell to the bottom of the lake. Years later, many many many decades later, development would start in the area and she would hear the sound of people. But no one ever came to find her at the bottom of the lake. 

Sariya's spirit occupies this vessel and is very dangerous. She is angry because no one has discovered her grave! I do not know how to help her, she speaks English but I am still unsure if this lake she drowned in is a place you can still get to anymore. I do not speak a lot of Russian, which I imagine would be helpful. Sariya can communicate in English poorly, which makes me believe she must have had some education in it. She enjoys turning water on, changing the temperature of water, and other mischievous activities. She started a small leak in my ceiling which in time has grown to something quite considerable. I believe that there are maggot eggs in there now, which tells me this leak is something EVIL! I am recommending that only experienced spiritual mediums handle this doll, I do not feel like I can commit fully to a vessel that is this violent. Her countenance may be beautiful but do not let that fool you! This doll is absolutely stunning (see photos for details) she has a beautiful face and a very detailed outfit. 

Please do not hesitate to contact me for additional information, photos, etc.

Sounds cheesy af, but the doll is still cuddly nevertheless. And here's a transcript of me and the seller:

Spoiler

Your previous message

Hey there buddy! Just wanna let you know the doll arrived safe and sound. I am getting some pretty good vibes out of it but there's just one more thing I'd like to ask, Why not level with me here and keep it between us; is there really a spirit attached to this doll and is as angry as you described it? ;)

New message from: ****

Glad to hear she arrived safe and sounnd!

Yes, there is really a spirit attached to this doll. I have been doing this for many years and I am very sensitive to spirit energies. sometimes people buy these dolls as a joke, and I hope that i not the case here. I care very much about my children and finding them a good home. 

Enjoy! :)

That reply tho, but I'm still skeptical since nothing has happened yet!

I absolutely believe that some people are able to be in touch with things that are beyond comprehension by the rest, but the fact that there many fakers out there mixed with complete weirdos and those that want to earn some fast cash with it, makes it hard to believe who is true or not. As an Asian guy, our culture believes in spirits using vessels as their new homes, and that they can reveal themselves in different ways. Usually, if you 'rub' them wrong way, you get ill over time.

I don't expect scenes similar to horror movies like Paranormal Activity at your place, but if the guy is 100% true, I won't be surprised if you or maybe your pet suddenly gets diagnosed with something horrible.

Just be careful dear Tenno! xD 

Yes I as an Asian know that fact too well too, and I had my fair share of ghostly encounters as a child (shadow things in particular scarred me a lot). Then again, paranormal things seems to run a lot in my family like:

- Before I was born, there was this one time my eldest brother was home alone cuz my parents were out fetching my middle brother. While he was watching TV, he suddenly heard from the kitchen the fridge's door kept opening and shutting. My eldest brother just freaked out and ran outside the house and started crying in the streets till our neighbor picked him up. Never knew what caused that event to happen :/

- Middle brother was sleeping when he heard a noise outside his window (which was facing our porch). He removed the curtains and suddenly he says that he saw a "pale, white face" suddenly jumpscaring in front of the window. Obviously he got scared and started crying till everyone woke up.

- One of my cousin one time woke up and sleepwalking and she just stood in front of the altar (we're Chinese, so yea we have these in our houses :D). Not sure what happened next but that's the only part of the story I recalled.

So yea, those are some of the ghost stories I've heard that has happened in my family. Despite being an atheist, I'm bloody curious what actually caused all this events. But yea I'll be careful :P Only thing I'm worried about is if this be some serious sh*t it might affect my future nephew in my sis-in-law's tummy, cuz y'know, spirits go after the unborn to be reborn!

1 hour ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

Yes I as an Asian know that fact too well too, and I had my fair share of ghostly encounters as a child (shadow things in particular scarred me a lot). Then again, paranormal things seems to run a lot in my family like:

- Before I was born, there was this one time my eldest brother was home alone cuz my parents were out fetching my middle brother. While he was watching TV, he suddenly heard from the kitchen the fridge's door kept opening and shutting. My eldest brother just freaked out and ran outside the house and started crying in the streets till our neighbor picked him up. Never knew what caused that event to happen :/

- Middle brother was sleeping when he heard a noise outside his window (which was facing our porch). He removed the curtains and suddenly he says that he saw a "pale, white face" suddenly jumpscaring in front of the window. Obviously he got scared and started crying till everyone woke up.

- One of my cousin one time woke up and sleepwalking and she just stood in front of the altar (we're Chinese, so yea we have these in our houses :D). Not sure what happened next but that's the only part of the story I recalled.

So yea, those are some of the ghost stories I've heard that has happened in my family. Despite being an atheist, I'm bloody curious what actually caused all this events. But yea I'll be careful :P Only thing I'm worried about is if this be some serious sh*t it might affect my future nephew in my sis-in-law's tummy, cuz y'know, spirits go after the unborn to be reborn!

Well from the sounds of it, you're an expert on this matter haha.

Ah yes, keep the doll away from your sister then, both physically and in line of sight. I assume that those kind of spirits can observe the unborn's heartbeat and as you mentioned, take over the soul.

I remember that an old teacher of mine said that his grandparents house was haunted by a little girl named Abigail.

She didn't even do anything bad, really, She just wanted attention like any child. So she would just throw spoons They would be eating dinner, and there it was, a spoon flew out and hit the cat. I decided to visit one day, and I was kind sitting on the stairs as everyone, and I mean everyone, was watching TV. I could see every person in that house. And sure enough, a spoon hit me in the head, and the silverware drawer closed.

I remember when we were reading a ghost book a long time ago (one about this family that moves into a haunted house. The little girl end up getting tricked into the lake by the ghost, and her stepsister saves her. I forget the title), and things happened.
The first day, The ladder apparently tipped about three inches, then moved back. I didn't see it, but the other students did,
Next day, A book on the shelf behind me (I was against the wall that day for a missing assignment), went flying halfway along the width distance of the room. I didn't do jackS#&amp;&#036;, but I got blamed.
Third day in, and our last instant, the lights all went out, and a few of the covering panels fell from the ceiling. A few students took bruises, but nothing major. That was out last straw, and we started reading outside.
Sure enough, a tree (one of those skinny ones) @(*()&#036; fell over onto me a week later while we were reading. It had always had a bad trunk, but one of the supports was pulled out of the ground.

Believe me or not, I'm sick of these @(*()&#036; paranormal S#&amp;&#036;. I'm an atheist too, but I have no problem believing in spirits, because energy laws.

3 minutes ago, Ambiroa said:

Well from the sounds of it, you're an expert on this matter haha.

Ah yes, keep the doll away from your sister then, both physically and in line of sight. I assume that those kind of spirits can observe the unborn's heartbeat and as you mentioned, take over the soul.

2 minutes ago, H2K3 said:

snip 

@Ambiroa me? Expert? Hell naw! But the doll hasn't left my room ever since unboxing except for the one time I took her to my bathroom to clean her up a bit.

@H2K3 I believe ya :3 this be a strange strange world

Just now, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

@Ambiroa me? Expert? Hell naw! But the doll hasn't left my room ever since unboxing except for the one time I took her to my bathroom to clean her up a bit.

Considering you are Chinese, I know what you can try, and I'm sure this sounds familiar to you. When you make a cup of tea and leave it overnight, although very bland (depending on the tea), it will still taste like tea. So:

Put your doll on a table, before you go to sleep, make some tea, put it in a cup, place the cup in front of the doll, you know, like you're serving her tea. If the next morning, the tea doesn't taste like tea anymore, like completely gone in taste, than you know the doll is housing a spirit.

I know this because our family is Indonesian, but my uncle is a practicing taoist/confucionist/buddhist (forgot which one exactly lool), and he has an altar for his parents. He serves tea every night. One time he forgot and in the middle of the night he heard some rinkling, got out of bed, suddenly sees the cup rinkling (like when you hit your fist on a table with a cup on it), and that moment he knew, he forgot to serve them tea.

TBH I am so happy that I don't have the 'privilege' of being able to observe paranormal activity. If someone can handle it, that's great, I on the other hand would be living in constant fear.  

Feeling a strange crippling headache for the past few days, either the doll's spirit is getting to me or it's just severe withdrawal effects from my antidepressants (I ran out of em lel).

Gonna try the tea sh*t. Guess I ain't hugging Sariya to sleep tonight.

On 7/22/2016 at 1:22 AM, Ambiroa said:

I don't think it matters, I surely hope it doesn't ahaha. But yeah, just try it, if you really want to know.

6 hours ago, 321agemo said:

Should be fine. Though given that its a young spirit, a dap of honey might go down better.

Whelp, tried it out last night. Tea still taste the same, except y'know it's cold and the flavor is still kinda there.

7 minutes ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

.........Maybe she doesn't like chamomile tea? :V I should pour Russian vodka instead

Hmmm no, the tea altar is an asian thing, so it would have worked already. I think you need to research how the russians worship spirits, which types of paranormal stuff they have, etc. Maybe they don't do altars similar to how asians do it. Maybe it's more territory-based, like, put another doll next to her and the next morning that doll might miss or have full black eyes.