Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quality Of Life Requests

Aquifn

First off, I love this game. Thank you for making it, I support it happily.

I do have a few requests though, hopefully they aren't too much.

1) Item pick-up messages. Can we stop having 'You are full of X' be the priority over-lay? I feel like that message should be dead last on priority. What we actually pick up should come first so we can see it and not miss it while walking over shotgun ammo we don't use.

2) I can't play Frost in public games that aren't defense. Its because of his speed and lack of speed increasing skills. Everyone always says "Use speed mods!" but that isn't helpful because all the fast suits use them too. I love Frost but I very often go to open one locker, and end up not making it in time for lift-off. That's a full minute of speed I'm behind people even with wall running, ninja flipping, and abusing the stupid weapon spin. I don't feel like I should have to make a macro to abuse a weapon slide spin to keep up with people. I don't know what the answer is honestly. Suits over X base speed can't use speed mods? Realize there's no real reason for any suits to be -that- much slower then the average? Something though, I would like to use my favourite suit on a regular basis without looking like a $&*&*#(%& lawn-mower to keep up.

3) Can you take Vauban off alerts and make him a random, super low chance to drop out of any locker opened? This would be such a great way to shift people back to actually exploring the levels you created for them. People would stop and smell the roses. And then, fat suits wouldn't be abandoned. Win/win. And I said Vauban, because he's the engineer. It makes the most sense, to me. But any new suit could be found this way.

4) Rebecca is a great Lotus, and I love the job she does. But could she do a few more lines? I hate the fact that I've actually had to turn her down, because lotus says the same thing over and over and over again.

1) Agree 100%

2) I disagree, I play Rhino, Frost and Saryn. I've yet to have been "left behind" mind you I play with a Loki on a regular basis, I don't use the lawn-mower macro either, I do use a ton of wall running and slide flipping.

3) As for Vauban blueprints being in lockers, I think that is a little awkward, why would an blueprint for our engineering trapist be located in corpus lockers, if you could give some explanation I wouldn't mind. 

4) Agree =w= though I think they are already planning on new lines hinted by the stream.

1) https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/45224-hud-mockup-hurr/

2) most frames have a "niche" that they do well or poorly in.  Loki and Ash are good at sprinting through missions, ember is (supposed to be) good at committing genocides against infested, and volt respectively against corpus, while rhino likes to sit there and take damage, and frost likes to sit there and prevent everything around him from taking damage.  Taking a defensive frame into a situation that requires you to be offensive is kind of the root of your problem.  And to be honest, I'm going to have to say "suck it up," because have frames that are excellent in one thing and terrible at another is much better than have a bunch that a mediocre at everything. 

3) I THINK they have something planned for Vauban to be dropped consistently from a boss/mission, but I don't remember where I heard that from... but as far as dropping it from lockers, I have mixed feeling about it.  Having frames that you can find randomly without raping a boss multiple times over is a cool idea, but they kind of need to have a reason to be that way or not fit in anywhere else.  I think Vauban coming from alerts works just fine for now, and with this weekends "alert weekend event" (they're supposed to be testing the alert RNG thing), hopefully alerts will be more fluid in the upcoming weeks. 

4) yeah... repetitive lines are annoying, but so is the rest of the games grind, so oh well. 

@ that video: what... the... *facepalm*

2) most frames have a "niche" that they do well or poorly in. Loki and Ash are good at sprinting through missions, ember is (supposed to be) good at committing genocides against infested, and volt respectively against corpus, while rhino likes to sit there and take damage, and frost likes to sit there and prevent everything around him from taking damage. Taking a defensive frame into a situation that requires you to be offensive is kind of the root of your problem. And to be honest, I'm going to have to say "suck it up," because have frames that are excellent in one thing and terrible at another is much better than have a bunch that a mediocre at everything.

I might be inclined to agree if it wasn't stated in yesterday's stream that they're looking towards building in ideas that allow Frames to take multiple sorts of jobs according to the playstyle of the player. They're wholly unsatisfied with the idea of "the tank" and other typical online game associations describing the Frames in a word.

I agree with their idea myself. Seeing Rhino get bumped from the holder of "tank" position by Trinity really showed that the game needs to open up to a handful of different playstyles for each frame, rather than have each frame cater to a single style of play. It would also open up skill and weapon options more to offer a single frame able to take on two or three different styles of play instead of just one.

They said they didn't like frames fitting in to the generally cast of the tank, the support, and the glass cannon.  That doesn't mean they can't have niche's and things they do better than others.  As it is now, most classes definitely have niches that they are better or worse at. 

1) Item pick-up messages. Can we stop having 'You are full of X' be the priority over-lay? I feel like that message should be dead last on priority. What we actually pick up should come first so we can see it and not miss it while walking over shotgun ammo we don't use.

Been saying this for awhile... it clutters everything. Should also have more than just one line of text, maybe 2 or 3. Really, take out some of the stuff all together. If I have max, its pretty obvious I have max already, especially when the item is still there after I run it over. Im sure I can tell when I have a lot of something already or not.

2) I can't play Frost in public games that aren't defense. Its because of his speed and lack of speed increasing skills. Everyone always says "Use speed mods!" but that isn't helpful because all the fast suits use them too. I love Frost but I very often go to open one locker, and end up not making it in time for lift-off. That's a full minute of speed I'm behind people even with wall running, ninja flipping, and abusing the stupid weapon spin. I don't feel like I should have to make a macro to abuse a weapon slide spin to keep up with people. I don't know what the answer is honestly. Suits over X base speed can't use speed mods? Realize there's no real reason for any suits to be -that- much slower then the average? Something though, I would like to use my favourite suit on a regular basis without looking like a $&*&*#(%& lawn-mower to keep up.

I think frost is fine as he is. Ive seen some really speedy frosts too.

3) Can you take Vauban off alerts and make him a random, super low chance to drop out of any locker opened? This would be such a great way to shift people back to actually exploring the levels you created for them. People would stop and smell the roses. And then, fat suits wouldn't be abandoned. Win/win. And I said Vauban, because he's the engineer. It makes the most sense, to me. But any new suit could be found this way.

Personally I think they need to finally make a boss for Europa, fix the description of europa stating infested took it over since it's corpus, and have that corpus boss drop vauban parts. Vauban already looks more "corpus" than the other frames anyway in my opinion, and he came out after that fusion moa event with frost prime so it all works together nicely right?

4) Rebecca is a great Lotus, and I love the job she does. But could she do a few more lines? I hate the fact that I've actually had to turn her down, because lotus says the same thing over and over and over again.

Actually they said already in a live stream, theres tons of lines she did that just arent in the game yet.