Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone here playing pokemon Go?

achromos

My opinions on the game and its 'media coverage', in the spoiler:

As expected... the news media tries to take a dump on a game for ... le gasp having people outside. They try to blame the problems of the WORLD on the game too. Girl finds dead body? Pokemon go did it! (Yes, obviously Pokemon Go murdered the dead guy!). Two idiots CUT THROUGH A FENCE and go into a area not meant to be trapsed around? Why should they even use common sense? It's Pokemon Go's fault when they get hurt, I mean it's not like the App has a in-game map that SHOWS what's ahead generally.

This game is so positive, actually getting gamers and shut-ins to even consider exploring their town, get exercise and see the world around them. Nintendo has taken something that could either be a hobby or addiction to people (I.E ... Person gets stabbed and continues to play... Seriously, don't be THAT guy, go to a hospital if you are stabbed... common sense, right?) and gives it a more positive outlet that will actually help make people more healthy in general.

Yet... Pokemon Go is to blame for all of the worlds woes? Pokemon Go created the Stabber, the Cliff, and the Dead body. Pokemon Go, obviously created the world around us... right?

I think most people will agree, that the world IS dangerous. People need to exercise caution when they are out... exercising. People who don't, will suffer the consequences REGARDLESS of the presence of Pokemon Go. Yet... we aren't a culture that accepts responsibility(at least popularly accepts it anyway). News media outlets cannot say, "Two people fall off a 90ft drop because they were gazing at their phones? Well, they/that were/was stupid." Even though it's the truth.

They'd rather lie and blame a game, for people not exercising common sense and looking up from their phone screens once in a while. This game does NOT require you to be glued to it 24/7, It even offers up updates when you happen to find a pokemon in your area that can have the phone vibrate, and most of the important information takes seconds to glance at and you DON'T need to be moving or out in the middle of the traffic to access it.

Yet... Pokemon Go is to blame. Because it's the easy target, it's the monster, the devil stealing your children. If someone dies from this, it will be Pokemon Go's fault. Not someone's parent's for not watching or teaching their children safety. It will be Pokemon Go's fault for any injuries and fights started or even Trespassing violations people end up gaining because they couldn't read the signs. There's never such a thing as Darwinism. Yes, that sounds cold, but if parents don't teach their kids then it IS their fault. Likewise if the kids grow up to be adults and walk off a cliff at the same time it is THEIR fault.

The game itself is one of the most Socially Positive games I've seen and this ISN'T because of the pokemon aspect, but that helps it greatly as there has been others. This game will help lower the obesity rates somewhat with more adamant fans and get them to know their surroundings. The game will also in spite of the media bashing it's getting will continue to grow, and the media coverage at best will serve to aid adults, kids and parents of kids who play pokemon go by showing them what NOT to do.

Sorry about my rant, it will probably get buried with how fast this board is moving but I just had a bit to get off my chest. This game... for the first time In my life has gotten me to walk 4.3 miles in one day and enjoy it and I actually want to go farther, to see how far I can go, to see what I can see, within reason (aka not breaking the law, or my legs because of walking off a cliff).

Any of my fellow tenno also playing pokemon go?  I honestly love the premise of the game to be honest and hopefully they do update it constantly and fix the server issues. There's nothing like walking two miles to get to a lake and then have the servers go down.  However, I am quite happy with the game ^_^

Edited by achromos

No, and im getting tired of seeing people everywhere with their phones in hand invading every damn public spaces i normally go. 

Also, someone drove in a police car because he had to go backward to catch this pokemon. Funny, i know.