Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Gain Questions

TheAltarBoy

Question

Hi. Got two questions i have been wondering about.

Do you get more focus if you are farming for the active school? (Meaning that if you are farming madurai focus, can you then have zenurik active and get the same amount of focus?)

Which frames are good at farming focus? Was Thinking of both nova and saryn? Currently trying ash, who i regret using a lens on since i can get 3 times as much focus by spamming my synoid simulor, than spamming Ashe's Blade Storm.

12 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, TheAltarBoy said:

Do you get more focus if you are farming for the active school?

No. The amount of focus you get depends on your lens and your affinity gains, not the school that's active.

9 minutes ago, TheAltarBoy said:

Meaning that if you are farming madurai focus, can you then have zenurik active and get the same amount of focus?

Yes.

9 minutes ago, TheAltarBoy said:

Which frames are good at farming focus?

Pick a frame that you use a lot. You'll get focus by using the frame's abilities so frames like Excalibur, (Exalted Blade, RJ (Not sure if people still use that for xp farming)) Valkyr (Hysteria), Nezha (Divine Spears) etc are good picks.

Just now, Mastikator2 said:

You can put a lens on your weapon too. If everything equipped has a lens then none of your affinity is squandered. But you'll be severely limited in weapon choice.

Knew about that part :P
Did indirectly say that i had done the zenurik school

1 minute ago, ensignvidiot said:

best frame for me is an Ash wielding a Prisma Skana with the Loka mod, built for Rising Storm.

It works wonders, but it may or may not be your thing

It's just wierd. Some people say he is awesome, while others say he is S#&$, at farming focus. When i was farming him to lvl 30, Easiest frame i have ever done it with, but with focus farming it just feels like i get half overall focus/affinity. And like i said 

"Currently trying ash, who i regret using a lens on since i can get 3 times as much focus by spamming my synoid simulor, than spamming Ashe's Blade Storm."

I tried it out on todays Sortie 2 Corpus def eximus stronghold and still got more focus with simulor

Hence the Skana with a rising storm build.

The idea is with enough efficiency, you are god. And every few kills procs Loka's effect, spreaxing the love. With rising storm and bloodrush/body count your dam age begins t exponentially skyrocket, and everything dies.

For farming focus I suggest you put it on a Kill Frame like AshExcaliburMesa, or any Warframe that can efficiently kill with their abilities (by "efficient" I mean kill the whole map in a press of a button). This is because affinity gained from weapon kills are divided. This means you wont get as much affinity if you put your lens on a weapon. However Warframe kills take 100% affinity for example try equipping an r0 weapon on excal and use EB to kill everything on the map. You will notice that the weapon didnt gain affinity because your Excal leeched all of it. This is why putting a lens on a frame is recommended. Now if you use it on an efficient kill frame you will get the most affinity. Just go do parties as the dps and murder everything while getting those "Yellow Things".

However there is another way to farm focus. Albeit slower but it still gets the job done, can be done solo, and require 2 lenses instead of one. Just slap a lens on your favorite stealth frame, Loki, Ash, Ivara.... whatever. And another lens on a long reach melee weapon that can one shot things like maybe Galatine, Orthos P, Redeemer and stealth kill everything on the highest lvl exterminate mission.

If you're getting focus on your synoid simulor then you won't gain any extra focus affinity by selecting a "better" warframe. Personally I just put lenses on the warframes and weapons I thought were fun and useful. Lets me be both damage dealer or support with no loss of focus.

1 minute ago, Mastikator2 said:

If you're getting focus on your synoid simulor then you won't gain any extra focus affinity by selecting a "better" warframe. Personally I just put lenses on the warframes and weapons I thought were fun and useful. Lets me be both damage dealer or support with no loss of focus.

I tried spamming my simulor in sortie 2 after getting an orb, then spammed ashes ult (no simulor) after the next orb. And got the most focus with simulor...

9 hours ago, TheAltarBoy said:

I tried spamming my simulor in sortie 2 after getting an orb, then spammed ashes ult (no simulor) after the next orb. And got the most focus with simulor...

again. thats because of the syndicate effect.

Which is why i have a prisma skana on while i bladestorm.

Any frame with cheap effective aoes is good.  You want a high body count and constant spam when the focus gain thing is up.

I use mesa.  But I was able to get power regen early when stealth farming focus was a thing.   I can get a ton of kills with her 4 and net tons per go.

Mag works well too ... as do many others.  Atlas works, 1 isn't aoe but it racks up kills fast.