Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Weapon In Warframe Suggestion

EliteGamersAcademy

I definitely have a great suggestion for the "Space Ninja's", as we call them.  A real ninja definitely needs a Kusarigama, and I do believe majority of the Warframe community will be behind me on this.

If you guys, developers and community could stand behind me on this request, It would definitely bring uniqueness and the trueness of the Ninjitsu weaponary to the game of Warframe.

Thanks for taking the time to view.

YouTube.com/EliteGamersAcademy

Edited by BoostedRX7

Devs already talked bout whip-like weapons last livestream. I would rather like to see some more main weapons, because there are already LOTS of melee but no really good main weapon that can top acrid for example.

I don't believe they said or mentioned anything about whip-like objects. (Unless your talking about the grappling hook, which doesn't necessarily apply to this situation)  I'm sorry, but majority of the melee weapons aren't even real ninjitsu weaponary. The only thing I'm really enjoying are the kunai.  Why not put in a nice melee weapon, Or even an execution type animation? The game is still in early development, anything at this point is possible in the end.

Edited by BoostedRX7

I don't believe they said or mentioned anything about whip-like objects. (Unless your talking about the grappling hook, which doesn't necessarily apply to this situation)  I'm sorry, but majority of the melee weapons aren't even real ninjitsu weaponary. The only thing I'm really enjoying are the kunai.  Why not put in a nice melee weapon, Or even an execution type animation? The game is still in early development, anything at this point is possible in the end.

We dont need all ninjutsu weapons existing in this game, still in development, youre right, but there should be really less melee focus when there are more impoertant things to fix at the time, i mean there are more than 20 melee weapons and there is not yet a alternative to most rifles. Devs mentioned in the steam that the grineer scorpion will get a whip-like melee, not only the hook, and that this weapon will be released for players later.

We dont need all ninjutsu weapons existing in this game, still in development, youre right, but there should be really less melee focus when there are more impoertant things to fix at the time, i mean there are more than 20 melee weapons and there is not yet a alternative to most rifles. Devs mentioned in the steam that the grineer scorpion will get a whip-like melee, not only the hook, and that this weapon will be released for players later.

Kusarigama is completely different then a whip.. I understand your fiending for guns.  But there are plenty of guns.  The melee theme is losing the whole, "Ninja" theme.  The Kusarigama will bring back the initial, "NINJA", into Warframe.  Kunai is definitely going into the right direction.  With this being said, a oversized hammer? Dual Axes? Glaive? An oversized Machete? These aren't ninja weapons.  In order for this game to keep standing out as its continuing to do so, it'll need to initiate more of the RAW NINJA material, or it'll end up being just another run and gun dungeon runner.

This game isn't about running and gunning. They initiated stealth, ninja, so give us, stealth and ninja... Don't give us, run and gun, all out massive warzone. Sorry to be so blunt, but that's as easy as I can say it. There are multiple games that play run n' gun, that will make this game not stand out. I'm really looking to put lots of hours, time, and money into this game, and hope it goes a long way.  If it takes a turn to just running and gunning and loses its initial, NINJA feel, this game will be no better then gears of war, or dead space. WE WANT NINJA PLAY! NOT MILITARY ARMORY!

You could also put in, caltrops, slow down mobs. There's several ninja stylish things they could add here. If this game didn't have the ninja feel, I wouldn't be here. The ninja feel is what caught me.

Edited by BoostedRX7

First off, I don't like being that guy but, Weaponry*.

Next, we have a huge amount of really nice melee weapons, ranging from dual daggers, a sword and a dagger, twin swords, dual axes, a boomerang, and fist weapons. A huge amount of weapon exist in the typical arsenal of a popularized "ninja", and having that many to put into the game would be far too many.

Third, explain to me what a "real" ninjutsu weapon is. We have a Bo staff, we have punching weapons, we have kunai (which, typically, are not actually weapons). Do you want spears and clubs? Because those are the non-fringe weapons we don't have.

We already have a plethora of execution animations. Go try them. Use the Shade or a Frame like Loki or Ash with invisibility.

And in actuality, most of the weapons we have, minus things like the Fragor or Scindo, are actual ninja weapons. Real ninjas did not actually run around throwing chains.

Most importantly:

I am a bright pink Rhino toting an automatic shotgun, dual shotgun handcannons, and a pair of cleavers.

Not all of us want this game to be Jawponees "Ninjutsu Hand sign Poof".

We certainly can have more stereotypical ninja weapons, but it's not what we need right now.

Devs already talked bout whip-like weapons last livestream. I would rather like to see some more main weapons, because there are already LOTS of melee but no really good main weapon that can top acrid for example.

Agreed. New melee weapons are nice, but the game needs more guns. Lots more. We need options besides just, "that one sucks, this one doesn't".

Seriously, we need more ninja weapons like this in the game. How can we call ourselves space ninjas if we don't have some legitimate ninja weaponry to work with? I know we have the 2 styles of kunai and a few swords or daggers, but other than that most of our weaponry is either modernesqe firearms or medieval-style melee weapons. I saw another thread about this as well: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/67300-true-real-ninja-weapons-coming/ and I have to agree, we need more new weaponry like this, especially more alternatives to the primaries and secondaries that are so non-ninja. I love my tatered Hek as much as the next guy, but I'd love to have a tatered kusari-gama or nunchaku to use as well! Come on Dev team, ninja up!

Obviously you guys don't know traditional ninja weaponry. www.wle.com... check here and tell me majority of these weapons are in warframe. The ninjitsu style goes way far beyond, sword, dagger, bo...

I don't want another call of duty, run and gun. No, there aren't enough animations, and why should I have to play a particular warframe to perform an execution? Why not put executions on all warframes? That's a little one sided right?

Technically, Kunai is a real weapon. Bo Staff is your traditional AMERICAN KARATE weapon. Not ninja. You should learn your weaponry before you come in here guns blazing.

Edited by BoostedRX7

Kusarigama is completely different then a whip.. I understand your fiending for guns.  But there are plenty of guns.  The melee theme is losing the whole, "Ninja" theme.  The Kusarigama will bring back the initial, "NINJA", into Warframe.  Kunai is definitely going into the right direction.  With this being said, a oversized hammer? Dual Axes? Glaive? An oversized Machete? These aren't ninja weapons.  In order for this game to keep standing out as its continuing to do so, it'll need to initiate more of the RAW NINJA material, or it'll end up being just another run and gun dungeon runner.

This game isn't about running and gunning. They initiated stealth, ninja, so give us, stealth and ninja... Don't give us, run and gun, all out massive warzone. Sorry to be so blunt, but that's as easy as I can say it. There are multiple games that play run n' gun, that will make this game not stand out. I'm really looking to put lots of hours, time, and money into this game, and hope it goes a long way.  If it takes a turn to just running and gunning and loses its initial, NINJA feel, this game will be no better then gears of war, or dead space. WE WANT NINJA PLAY! NOT MILITARY ARMORY!

You could also put in, caltrops, slow down mobs. There's several ninja stylish things they could add here. If this game didn't have the ninja feel, I wouldn't be here. The ninja feel is what caught me.

You concentrate too much on taht whole ninja, theme. You dont want a shooter, you want a melee based game with only a ninja theme, but thats not what warframe is and ever will be. Only because there are guns thuis doesnt mean this game will become a CoD, it is one of the shooters with the most distance to CoD. We have wallrunning, parcours and stuff. This game is alreadey about running and gunning but in a more complex and evolved way. And it IS already standing out of the boring game mass. But you rather want a pure stealth gameplay with only ninja-moves and themed weaponry, sorry man but youre completely wrong here. Devs will implement stealth later, but limiting the game only to some ninja-setting, THIS would make it not stand out of the mass.

At least we are no old fashioned ninjas, we are TENNO, space ninajs if you want so, we adapt and evolve, and we use the weapon best suited to kill our enemies, even if we use our enemies' weapons. A killed enemy is a killed enemy, no matter if we do it with melee or guns.

Obviously you guys don't know traditional ninja weaponry. www.wle.com... check here and tell me majority of these weapons are in warframe. The ninjitsu style goes way far beyond, sword, dagger, bo...

I don't want another call of duty, run and gun. No, there aren't enough animations, and why should I have to play a particular warframe to perform an execution? Why not put executions on all warframes? That's a little one sided right?

Technically, Kunai is a real weapon. Bo Staff is your traditional AMERICAN KARATE weapon. Not ninja. You should learn your weaponry before you come in here guns blazing.

That link is the stereotypical "Tourist Trap" website. Those are NOT "traditional" ninja weapons. In fact, the few weapons that are there (most things are costumes or design sets) are directly labeled as movie reactions or "wushu" weapons, not ninja weapons. What few ninja weapons that are beyond the bo, sword, and dagger are things like claws (which I am actually all for. I LOVE Katars and claws. But they're actually not ninja weapons.) and smaller, stealthier weapons like throwing stars and needles, assassinations weapons that wouldn't be right for this game.

What do you mean there aren't enough animations? We have at least one for each type of melee weapon, and you don't have to play a particular Frame. I've pulled of stealth gameplay as Rhino, using that a Scindo. No ninja shot lightning, launcher fireballs, or carried a shotgun (at least outside of Naruto). ALL Frames can use executions.

No, the kunai is a digging tool. It was made from the left over scrap iron, meaning low quality, and it was not bladed. It had a point, to aid in digging. Yes, it was used by ninjas. As a climbing/digging tool, and seldom as a weapon. It would be like using a hand trowel as a weapon today.

Warframe is not a ninja simulator. We are TENNO. Tenno are described as "Warriors of GUN and Blade". You can certainly hope for 50 different Naruto-esque weapons, but it'll be a looong way off. Warframe is a run n' gun game, and you can use melee. I love using melee. Splitting 3 people in half at once with the Orthos is very satisfying.

Like I stated, I simply suggest a Kusarigama, and you guys rage. Get off my thread if you don't like the idea. Plain and simple. There are plenty of automatics, shotguns and pistols. Not enough unique animations to the melee class. It's the same movement set to each weapon. A simplistic swing or charge.  A Kusarigama will actually show the skill and development of the team and what they can actually do with this game. 

WLE is not a tourist website.  They are as real as it gets. I'd even like to see a Three Sectional Staff in Warframe. The question isn't to hate on it, the question to ask is, why not? Stop being so closed minded, and actually give the team a chance to show you what they can really do, besides make the same gun, different stats, and no recoil. The melee weapons are the only thing that changes, every gun serves the same purpose, just a different look, and of course, can be modded differently.  The melee weapons can show you, what the game really can do, while giving the ninja aspect.  We are space ninja's you claim? Since when do ninja's use guns? Might as well call the Tenno Space Cowboys instead of Ninja's with the way your talking. Get off the development team, your horrible. The both you.

Like I stated, I simply suggest a Kusarigama, and you guys rage. Get off my thread if you don't like the idea. Plain and simple.

And do what? Start a anti-kusarigama thread to combat it? If people don't want it then this is the exact place to say so.

Don't state your opinion at all. It's up to the developers wether or not it gets incorporated into the game or not. Final say so... Keep your two cents out of it.

You do realise that this section is called feedback for a reason right? People. Don't. Want. It. Therefore. They. Say. So. Slow enough to follow? I also don't want digging tools to become the #1 weapons of this game. If you want some wildly overblown ninja simulator then you might want to find a new game.

You do realise that this section is called feedback for a reason right? People. Don't. Want. It. Therefore. They. Say. So. Slow enough to follow? I also don't want digging tools to become the #1 weapons of this game. If you want some wildly overblown ninja simulator then you might want to find a new game.

Kusarigama is a digging tool? Wow.. your obviously illiterate and can't read. In order to keep the ninja aspect of the game, they have to incorporate that through the melee weapons.  Ninja's don't use guns, nor do they use fictional abilities. What other aspect of this game besides wall running is ninja about Warframe? Nothing.  So why not go all out on the melee weapons so that people know they still incorporate aspects of the so called, "Space Ninja's" are there.  You clearly are mis-informed about Warframe.  Like I said, Space Ninja's.. or Space Cowboys... I recall Space Ninja's... so imply it. If not, this games false advertising. Not to mention, for future references of other games they're going to develop for PC and PS4, they definitely want to show what they can bring to the table as a team/business/company aspect.  It's all about the money!! Don't forget that.  So they need to show what they can do, and as stated before, Kusarigama can incorporate several new things to this game. Such as, animations, show how far the engine can go, the design of the flow of the weapon / warframe working as one. There's several barriers this can open to warframe. Sorry your so closed minded and don't see what's at stake here.

For those to illiterate to know what Kusarigama is..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kusarigama

For those to illiterate to know what a Ninja is..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja

BOTH. ORIGINATED. IN. JAPAN. ENOUGH.. SAID. GG.

Covert Agent / Mercenary which dealt in, Espionage, Sabotage, Assassination... oh wait, sounds familiar? MISSIONS? If you want a Run N' Gun, Guns A' Blazin', WARFRAME IS NOT FOR YOU!

Edited by BoostedRX7

Kusarigama is a digging tool? Wow.. your obviously illiterate and can't read. In order to keep the ninja aspect of the game, they have to incorporate that through the melee weapons.  Ninja's don't use guns, nor do they use fictional abilities. What other aspect of this game besides wall running is ninja about Warframe? Nothing.  So why not go all out on the melee weapons so that people know they still incorporate aspects of the so called, "Space Ninja's" are there.  You clearly are mis-informed about Warframe.  Like I said, Space Ninja's.. or Space Cowboys... I recall Space Ninja's... so imply it. If not, this games false advertising.

Tenno = Yes. Ninja = No. ---> "They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun" <---     No mentions of ninjas. Deal with it.

By "digging tools" I was referring to all manner of crude, improvised weaponry used by ninjas and nobody wants junk in this game.

I do believe they refer us as, Space Ninja's, but ok.. you must not understand English. I got better things to do with my time, then to sit here and argue with some random, with the IQ of a houseplant. Get outta my thread, or keep being my fanboy, either way I'm sure they'll cover this topic soon.

I do believe they refer us as, Space Ninja's, but ok.. you must not understand English. I got better things to do with my time, then to sit here and argue with some random, with the IQ of a houseplant. Get outta my thread, or keep being my fanboy, either way I'm sure they'll cover this topic soon.

Ok, here's my challenge: find out where exactly DE refers to us as "Space Ninjas". Nice attempt to save face, though you do look pretty low from your position in this argument.