Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SotR having trouble updating

DuelMaster53

Question

I finally get to download the new update.... the downloading update bit takes no time at all, then it gets to "checking new content". First of all it takes forever to even get to 3%. So i left it overnight.

I just got up, checked it...and it said "update failed some content could not be downloaded from our servers. please restart warframe and try again. the update will be restarted shortly." and it also said that last night, when i checked it. I've never had this problem before, and my internet connection is fine. But another thing is that i'm downloading it again right now, but it is downloading a bit faster. I think it's because it has less and less MB to download everytime.....Becasue say i get to 8%..it will fail...then i restart it, it has a bit less to download. Is that a bug or what? because it started at about 4,800 MB and now (i probably got it to around 25% last night) it only has about 3,200 MB left. Is this a bug, or is this supposed to be happening?

hope someone can answer

2 answers to this question

I'm going to start this off by saying this is completely normal in terms of the Launcher and how it works.

Depending on your Internet connection quality and speed, the update will get done faster/without any further input from you. When the message "The update will be restarted shortly" pops up. You need to restart the Launcher by yourself.

This isn't a bug, it is a weird function of the launcher itself. It can only download a portion of an update before it just cuts out for whatever reason. Your best bet is to just let it download and come back every 30 minutes to an hour to check if it needs reset. I had to do it about 3-4 times when I updated my game.

I hope that helps ya. 

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy