Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Connectionless Install

Cray

Question

I'm about to go on vacation. I want to be able to log in and maintain forma construction. I will have a laptop, but I won't have access to it until after we leave. This means I won't be able to install Warframe on it ahead of time, and will have to download the entire game while connected to whatever free wifi we can find. The problem is, most free wifi spots are ridiculously slow, and what would take me less than 1 hour at home will probably take well over 5 hours of sitting in some place of business.

Is there a way to copy the bulk of the game files in such a way that the new computer will see them, thus cutting down on what it has to download?

3 answers to this question

The main website has a download link you can access after logging in with the same credentials used for the forums. Just go to the Standalone Installer option and select the most recent one. Put that install file on a thumb drive and you should be right to go.

The only downside is that you'll still need to update the copy on the laptop before you can log in to the game, so whatever Hotfixes post-date the install file will still be needed.

I believe that foundry management can be handled by the Warframe app for smartphones so that might be worth looking into as well. I don't use that option so I can't say for sure.

Edited by WrathAscending

24 minutes ago, WrathAscending said:

The main website has a download link you can access after logging in with the same credentials used for the forums. Just go to the Standalone Installer option and select the most recent one. Put that install file on a thumb drive and you should be right to go.

The only downside is that you'll still need to update the copy on the laptop before you can log in to the game, so whatever Hotfixes post-date the install file will still be needed.

I believe that foundry management can be handled by the Warframe app for smartphones so that might be worth looking into as well. I don't use that option so I can't say for sure.

Pretty sure I need all of them, but still, this is what I need. Thanks a bunch.