Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Oxium Problem

E3RIE

As most of you know, Vauban Prime is terribly expensive to craft. The 20 Nitain can be a pain if you don't play often and 9K Cryotic is 90 Excavators. However, these I don't have a problem with, the major barrier for me to craft Vauban Prime is the HUGE 7K Oxium requirement. Before SotR 7K Oxium was no biggie for me as I could just do a few longer missions on Cerberus, Pluto. But now all previous Oxium farms (that I knew of) have been removed.

I tried several planet nodes but none yielded quite enough Oxium to keep it fun while farming. The node that seemed to work best for me was Baal, Europa, a Mobile Defense mission that gave 50-150 Oxium everytime. With an average of 100 it would take 70 runs to get enough for Vauban Prime.. Not to mention all the other weapons and frames that also need Oxium.

I want a better way of farming Oxium, and I don't necessarily mean farming spots like Cerberus, Pluto. All I want is for the resource to drop in either; higher quantities (20-40 instead of 8-20  as it seems to be now), or from more enemies. Even higher spawn rates of Oxium Osprey would also be great.

I hope that we can get some kind of change to this problem, because right now I don't really feel like it's worth the effort to farm.

You could always spend 300+ plat on Oxium in the market. I know that's pretty quick. Obviously I'm joking though, but I completely agree with it being too much to consider farming for. I'm a huge Vauban fan boy, but with those requirements, I feel no need to go for prime.

1 minute ago, Heliopata said:

I think they wanted to translate the pain of getting normal Vauban to crafting Vauban Prime.

The thing with Vauban Prime though, is that he's not only a pain to get, but even more of a pain to craft.

as someone who just farmed up the resources for Vauban prime, i understand the struggle. The quickest way I've found to farm up oxium is to do Baal with a group of 3 ivaras and one nekros. The ivaras loot the ospreys with prowl and then kill the ospreys with a high slash weapon so the ospreys can break into alot of pieces for the nekros to use desecrate on. also buying a resource booster from baro helps alot

Just now, rokkyu said:

as someone who just farmed up the resources for Vauban prime, i understand the struggle. The quickest way I've found to farm up oxium is to do Baal with a group of 3 ivaras and one nekros. The ivaras loot the ospreys with prowl and then kill the ospreys with a high slash weapon so the ospreys can break into alot of pieces for the nekros to use desecrate on. also buying a resource booster from baro helps alot

How many runs did it take to get you the 7K?

39 minutes ago, E3RIE said:

As most of you know, Vauban Prime is terribly expensive to craft. The 20 Nitain can be a pain if you don't play often and 9K Cryotic is 90 Excavators. However, these I don't have a problem with, the major barrier for me to craft Vauban Prime is the HUGE 7K Oxium requirement. Before SotR 7K Oxium was no biggie for me as I could just do a few longer missions on Cerberus, Pluto. But now all previous Oxium farms (that I knew of) have been removed.

I tried several planet nodes but none yielded quite enough Oxium to keep it fun while farming. The node that seemed to work best for me was Baal, Europa, a Mobile Defense mission that gave 50-150 Oxium everytime. With an average of 100 it would take 70 runs to get enough for Vauban Prime.. Not to mention all the other weapons and frames that also need Oxium.

I want a better way of farming Oxium, and I don't necessarily mean farming spots like Cerberus, Pluto. All I want is for the resource to drop in either; higher quantities (20-40 instead of 8-20  as it seems to be now), or from more enemies. Even higher spawn rates of Oxium Osprey would also be great.

I hope that we can get some kind of change to this problem, because right now I don't really feel like it's worth the effort to farm.

oh my god they took out cerebrus pluto. what the hell!

Just now, Thatchor said:

They're attempting to replicate the actual galaxy: removing Pluto.

well it looks like ill be doing a few oxium farms before that node goes on xbox... also my fun endless runs. and kuria hunt. ive never had so much to do ahha.

gotta get it done before they nuke the game

Even though I get that DE wanted to take out the overused farming spots (especially draco), in a game where grinding is pretty much the basis of getting anything, removing all nodes that were previously used for farming resources in higher amounts is a really just pushing the limits of players, and making the grind fest even bigger. Its just at a point where I'd rather just skip some stuff because of the requirements...

Just now, Arondriessen97 said:

Even though I get that DE wanted to take out the overused farming spots (especially draco), in a game where grinding is pretty much the basis of getting anything, removing all nodes that were previously used for farming resources in higher amounts is a really just pushing the limits of players, and making the grind fest even bigger. Its just at a point where I'd rather just skip some stuff because of the requirements...

Couldn't have said it better myself

I can see oxium just cant be farmed now, not that much atleast.

for the ones that already played something different than draco in old starchart 7k oxium was no biggie, pretty much cause there were no other oxium sinks.

But lets speak the thruth, vauban itself is a reward for playing constantly, its legit that the prime version is supposed to be the same but much more difficult.

not comparing to other prime variants because some are just staight easier than the normal counterpart to get, but i can see the logic behind the Vprime crafting cost:

you dont get it just by farming, you get it through playing alot and putting a good amount of time in the game. If you do, sooner or later you will have the materials for crafting it.

Anyways resource booster are a deal now, they work also on traces and with 200 plat you can have it on for a month.

or you can buy some for free from baro, if you already have all primed mods you just need to keep a tiny reserve of ducats in case he brings something new.

TLDR buy a booster

Just now, Deskhon said:

"There are nodes like Cerebrus which are a lucrative Oxium spot - consider heading there if you're having trouble finding some."

-[DE]Drew

Never forget

Its pretty S#&$ty now

They sure are trolling us at DE

4 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

I can see oxium just cant be farmed now, not that much atleast.

for the ones that already played something different than draco in old starchart 7k oxium was no biggie, pretty much cause there were no other oxium sinks.

But lets speak the thruth, vauban itself is a reward for playing constantly, its legit that the prime version is supposed to be the same but much more difficult.

not comparing to other prime variants because some are just staight easier than the normal counterpart to get, but i can see the logic behind the Vprime crafting cost:

you dont get it just by farming, you get it through playing alot and putting a good amount of time in the game. If you do, sooner or later you will have the materials for crafting it.

Anyways resource booster are a deal now, they work also on traces and with 200 plat you can have it on for a month.

or you can buy some for free from baro, if you already have all primed mods you just need to keep a tiny reserve of ducats in case he brings something new.

TLDR buy a booster

You have to keep in mind that a (big enough) portion of the player base can't play that often/much.

Just now, Agentawesome said:

Only if they made very Osprey in Archwing drop Oxium, that would solve the dead-ness of the game mode and the farming requirement. 

If only the constant rotation of all angles in archwing wouldn't make me be on the verge of throwing up everytime I play it.

If only the constant rotation of all angles in archwing wouldn't make me be on the verge of throwing up everytime I play it.

Its only ever a problem in Corpus maps, either the maps need a change or they need to reduce/remove the automatic rolling. 

Just now, Agentawesome said:

Its only ever a problem in Corpus maps, either the maps need a change or they need to reduce/remove the automatic rolling. 

1 minute ago, Arondriessen97 said:

I'm just gonna stop you guys before we get to much off-topic :)

Edited by E3RIE