The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifiers shouldn't remove active buffs/abilities

Endorphinz

I completely and fully support this change.

As an Equinox, I already struggle with faulty and clunky mechanics that prevent complete use of Equinox's adaptable potential. Specially when using Pacify with peaceful provocation (the only way to make that ability vaguely worthwhile), Nullifiers are nothing but frustration in bubble form: They dispel my hard earned slow if I get too close, and one shot me if I stay too far away. Making it so that I could dispatch them without loosing my bonus would be a godsend.

And, again, if you think that nullifiers are a required downside to Equinox, then please Nerf Pacify's slow as you wish, and make the change proposed on the OP anyway. I'd rather have a better base ability and a worse slow that I don't have to regain every 3 seconds than her current itteration.

On 22/07/2016 at 4:20 AM, (PS4)SOMEGUY2003 said:

I dont see a problem with them, sure during sorties they pose a threat, but l mean, really, they are not that strong, and as far as i know, a level 10 nullifier shield is just as strong as a level 100. Nullifiers add balance to the extremely power ability at our disposal

Thank you someone gets it. The only enemy that I think about now is nullies. Havys, bombards, napamions, all I can kill almost instantly. Even Bursa don't pose a problem anymore because I can cc them. Ever try a mag magnetize on them? Ya they are helpless.

PS there's a bug right now where if you hack friendly bursa you turn them hostile. Have fun nyx players ;)

3 hours ago, tnccs215 said:

I completely and fully support this change.

As an Equinox, I already struggle with faulty and clunky mechanics that prevent complete use of Equinox's adaptable potential. Specially when using Pacify with peaceful provocation (the only way to make that ability vaguely worthwhile), Nullifiers are nothing but frustration in bubble form: They dispel my hard earned slow if I get too close, and one shot me if I stay too far away. Making it so that I could dispatch them without loosing my bonus would be a godsend.

And, again, if you think that nullifiers are a required downside to Equinox, then please Nerf Pacify's slow as you wish, and make the change proposed on the OP anyway. I'd rather have a better base ability and a worse slow that I don't have to regain every 3 seconds than her current itteration.

My I just say that you need to rethink your life if your not finding sortie nullies hard. Honestly kill them with any non melee weapon and all they have is an ice shield.

1 minute ago, MindHoney said:

My I just say that you need to rethink your life if your not finding sortie nullies hard. Honestly kill them with any non melee weapon and all they have is an ice shield.

I think you quoted the wrong person, because that makes no sense at all when directed to me.

Additionally, the problem is that nullifiers are killers to some frames and just boring to others. They aren't hard, no one said they were. but they are cheesy, unengaging, annoying, and shouldn't be necessary. You shouldn't need a countercheese unit because 1) there shouldn't be cheese (and the game is walking on that direction, or at least appears to be), and 2) they completely screw with any non-cheese frame.

It is good idea to split them into two units, one with blocking new abilities (popular one) the other canceling everything (extra rare).

Current nulifiers change game not in fun way. Sure we can play without abilities, but then what is the point of having abilities in the first place?

Other idea: Silence monster, monster who silence (no effects, no ability cast for duration) but only one target (could be charmed creature, or companion).