Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Color/colour And Platinum

Altissimus

Hey,

So, I love Warframe.  Great game.  And I've reflected this by putting money into it and buying platinum, which I spend on *functional* advances.

I would happily spend some of my plat on colours, as I would like some cosmetic advances too.

But, 75 plat per palette?  450 platinum to open it all?  That's roughly TWENTY EUROS just to buy COLOURS??!?!?!?!

I'm sure there are some people who are prepared to pay this.  But, in my opinion it is an extortionate price and therefore I will NEVER spend this much on colour options on principle.  I can't justify it.

However....if it was, say, 15 plat per palette, I'd probably buy them all (eventually).  You'd get 90 plat (About 6 euros) out of me, and probably out of everyone else that likes the game too.

90 plat from 90% if players, or 450 plat from 10% of players.

In the first instance, you have 90% happy people.  In the second instance, you have 90% grumpy people, that are that much closer to leaving - and asking €20 just for a cosmetic change is quite a large "that much" for some people.

Which is it you're going for here?!

Thanks,

A.

In the first instance, you have 90% happy people.  In the second instance, you have 90% grumpy people, that are that much closer to leaving - and asking €20 just for a cosmetic change is quite a large "that much" for some people.

So you are much closer to leave Warframe because your frame is not beautiful enough?

some colors overlap. you dont really need to buy them all.

they are even arranged in sets of colors that fit together and allow you to have colors that complement each other.

buy one and enjoy it for what its worth. later on if you want to expand your choices you can.

they have released seasonal colors for credits. like 1 credit.

these colors overlap with paid ones.

they are in no way mandatory.

honestly there isnt much there to complain about. i would also like the classic set to be free so people have reasonable use for it. but overall its not a world ending problem.

i have the classic saturated and smoke, and actually i feel better about buying the colours, than buying weaps/frames and boosts... that way i`m just cheating myself of the enjoyment (even if highly frustrating enjoyment, due to the new resource drop rates), imho...

Hey,

So, I love Warframe.  Great game.  And I've reflected this by putting money into it and buying platinum, which I spend on *functional* advances.

I would happily spend some of my plat on colours, as I would like some cosmetic advances too.

But, 75 plat per palette?  450 platinum to open it all?  That's roughly TWENTY EUROS just to buy COLOURS??!?!?!?!

I'm sure there are some people who are prepared to pay this.  But, in my opinion it is an extortionate price and therefore I will NEVER spend this much on colour options on principle.  I can't justify it.

However....if it was, say, 15 plat per palette, I'd probably buy them all (eventually).  You'd get 90 plat (About 6 euros) out of me, and probably out of everyone else that likes the game too.

Thanks,

A.

You realise that there is a bundle in store for all colour packs excluding smoke for about 280 right?

You realise that there is a bundle in store for all colour packs excluding smoke for about 280 right?

No, he didn't. Because after that he wouldn't have something to whine about.

Dude, wake up. Buying various cosmetic option for real money is bread and butter for most F2P games. This is one of a very few ways for them to not became Pay2Win.

I had only the Red color pallet for a long time and i love it and now i have more, i really enjoy the game so i got more color pallet 1 at a time so now i have them all even the free Easter color pallet they where giving out at the time.

Hey,

But,

“…nothing someone says before the word “but” really counts ” — Benjen Stark

so with that in mind the OP should have really said.

75 plat per palette?  450 platinum to open it all?  That's roughly TWENTY EUROS just to buy COLOURS??!?!?!?!

Thanks,

A.

EDIT: Also much more then 10% have spent on colours. Some of us much, much more infact.

Edited by Varo_Sanumai

Colors have zero, ZERO gameplay impact on how effective your warframe is, no stat boosts, etc. Cosmetic items like this should cost platinum. If you can't justify it, then no one's forcing you to buy them.

I like my bling so I bought the bundle. Not the Smoke one though, not really a fan of glossy black. The matte black from the Fire pack works for me.