The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Out Of Frame: The Everyday Lives Of The Tenno - Feedback & Discussion

Jordan_McBeast

People found Vaubans text hard to read? Its easy to read i dont even have to highlight it... i dont even. o.o  (maybe my screens brightness is just ridiculous. Where my friends cant see a thing in dark games im like whut? its so bright in heres. )

Yo turn down dat brightness bro.

You wastin' good electricity.

what's wrong with cat frame? I liked that concept.

EY YO! THIS IS WAR-FRAME. IF YOU GOOMBAS WANT ALL DAT CUTE N' CUDDLY BS GO PLAY HELLO KITTY ISLAND ADVENTURE!!! 

WARFRAMES ARE KILLING MACHINES, LIKE THE RHINO, BROSEPH!

THOUGH I COULD BE DOWN WITH ANY OTHER FELINE PREDATOR CONCEPT AS A WARFRAME, LIKE A PANTHER OR TIGER WARFRAME

EY YO! THIS IS WAR-FRAME. IF YOU GOOMBAS WANT ALL DAT CUTE N' CUDDLY BS GO PLAY HELLO KITTY ISLAND ADVENTURE!!!

WARFRAMES ARE KILLING MACHINES, LIKE THE RHINO, BROSEPH!

THOUGH I COULD BE DOWN WITH ANY OTHER FELINE PREDATOR CONCEPT AS A WARFRAME, LIKE A PANTHER OR TIGER WARFRAME

You're not Doozy...

You're not Doozy!

NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO IMITATE DOOZY'S INSANITY!

NOO ONNNNEE!!!

/rage mode on

AND HELLO KITTY ISLAND ADVENTURE IS FLIPPIN' FUN!

Edited by FuryEnder

You're not Doozy...

You're not Doozy!

NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO IMITATE DOOZY'S INSANITY!

NOO ONNNNEE!!!

/rage mode on

AND HELLO KITTY ISLAND ADVENTURE IS FLIPPIN' FUN!

Says the off-the-islander.

Insanity is not imitated, ever. Tis a gift, unique to each idiot savant.

Says the off-the-islander.

Insanity is not imitated, ever. Tis a gift, unique to each idiot savant.

I have a portal on my yacht, I can teleport to the island whenever I want.

Of course that's until some idiot presses the large red button and destroys the portal.

So, instead of writing the ten case studies I have to pass tomorrow, I made this instead.

"Don't use it like that. It's not a spear; it's a double-bladed staff. Use both ends!” Tyranthius called out to his opponent. He was in a light training suit that left his neck upward uncovered. Blunted training Ethers whirled in his hands, but he wielded them leisurely, as though he had all the time in the world. The figure that faced him was a slim, slight female clad in a training suit of her own, holding a training Orthos with some difficulty. They had been dueling for almost five minutes now.

"Your balance is off. If you hold it like that", Tyranthius said, referring to the improper stance, "I'm likely to do this." And with that he struck at the center of the awkwardly held Orthos and sent it flying. He sheathed his training blades. He wasn't even breathing hard.

"You're certainly skilled with firearms, pistols in particular. But you'll need to work on your blades", he told her.

"But I'll be wearing a Warframe if I'm ever in battle, and I might not even use an Orthos", she replied.

"You miss the point. The Orthos I gave you that you might practice your balance, if nothing else. In combat, the imbalanced stance will be the undoing of even the peerless gunman. You stand there shooting, a Charger swipes at you, and you fall. The Infested will see this, and in seconds, you're dead. A Warframe won't compensate for everything." She picked up the Orthos.

"Again?” Tyranthius said, drawing his blades. In answer, she whirled the Orthos in quick, sweeping arcs of pain, which Tyranthius barely managed to dodge. "There it is", he said as the blade once again sliced air where his face was previously. "You're getting it!"

He attacked now as well, faster than he had previously, but his strokes were turned aside by the Orthos, or else engaged in parrying the bladed staff. He struck faster still, his weapons appearing not so much as blades but a solid wall of gray in front of him. She parried, dodged, and cartwheeled aside. "Hey, we haven't started those lessons yet, when did you learn that?" 

He struck harder now, making her reel with each stroke, but not enough to create an opening. He spun and slashed down with both blades, and she parried. The shock of impact made her teeth clench, but Tyranthius was staggered, if only shortly. She seized this chance, whirling the Orthos in an arc that ended three inches from his face. They were still.

Tyranthius threw back his head and laughed. At least she was a quick learner. "Good job", he said.

Breathing hard, she replied, "I win."

He smiled in an is-that-so manner and pointed to his left hand, with the elbow braced against his thigh, holding an Ether outward. Her eyes followed the blade and saw it touching her training suit, just under her sternum. If their weapons were not blunted and she had continued her attack, she would have impaled herself before she even touched him. Cursing, she threw aside her weapon.

"Don't feel too bad. The number of enemies who've engaged me in a melee fight is the same number who died in the attempt, less one."

"Less one?"

"Yes. But that story is for another time. I think we'll leave it here for today", he said. "Did you get hurt anywhere?"

"Just a glancing blow to the face."

"Let me see anyway. I won't have them say I'm doing a bad job of this." He remembered that, for some reason, he had never seen her out of protective gear. She took off her helmet, and he nearly choked. An oval face, half hidden by a fringe of short raven hair, porcelain skin, elfin features, but it was her eyes. Enormous luminous orbs set with gemstones of uncompromising gray. There was a small mark on her cheek, it would probably bruise in a few hours, but he noticed no more. His mind slowed, his perceptions dulled, and the blood was draining from his face. Dimly, in a corner of his mind not currently in stupor, he counted himself fortunate that instead of coloring when warranted, his face did the exact opposite, chilling his body and paling his face.

"...can't be that bad can it? Master? Tyranthius?"

He managed only, "I - well it's not too noticeable - I mean, you look great! - Not that I mean anything by that, I just meant - what I mean is, -y-you look perfect. -Ly fine. Perfectly fine."

She looked confused, and he grew even paler. He was thinking of very colorful and violent ways he would beat his brain if it were a person.

Just outside the room, a shadow stirred. A deep red glow emanated from within the specter, where its head might be. The glow intensified. The shadow saw. It peered into the training hall; saw the two figures in training suits, seemingly in conversation. It laughed. This would be one of his best.

And from behind, it was cuffed on the ear by a Tenno in an EXCALIBUR Prime.

"Ow! I mean, Cal! What a pleasant surprise! So nice to see you here!” the figure said.

"And just what are you doing?” the one called 'Cal demanded.

"Oh, nothing. Just, you know, walking around", said the figure in a pathetic attempt at an innocent voice.

"Within twenty feet of Tyranthius and his new apprentice."

"What? Am I not allowed to go near him now? Besides, he owes me some potatoes, so I came to collect."

"I see. And you just happened to be wearing your Stalker holo-projector?” said 'Cal, whose face by now would have given the Stalker pause.

"What, this?” the figure said as it touched a button on its shoulder. The shadowed form of the Stalker faded and revealed a LOKI with the visor up, exposing a face that could only be described as devious. "I just thought he would find it funny."

"Do you know you're not the first to do that? I wonder what Tyranthius thinks sometimes. Do you want to know what happened to the last one?"

The LOKI leaned forward, listening to EXCALIBUR's whispers.

"So yeah...uh-huh...and then...he did what?...with a stick...and carrots...no way...and, wait where did you say he jammed those Duel Monsters cards?...there?...how would those even fit?...Merciful Orokin."

"Exactly." And with that, EXCALIBUR took the LOKI by the arm and half walked-half-dragged him away.

"So... when's our next session?"

Tyranthius could only gape, imagining the little Tenno in his head scrambling to locate the drawer where his speech function should be, and finding that it was somehow on fire.

"I'll just come back same time tomorrow?"

"Yes!” he said in the voice of a beggar who was asked if he would like another bar of gold. "I mean, yes. That would be appropriate", this time said in his smooth I'm-definitely-not-insane-or-desperate-please-don't-think-I'm-weird voice.

She smiled, turned, and walked away. When she had left, he looked around, found her discarded training helmet, put it to his face, and inhaled.

Made this for the MAG I made recently. Oh, and Frost, how did I do with your boys?

So, instead of writing the ten case studies I have to pass tomorrow, I made this instead.

"Don't use it like that. It's not a spear; it's a double-bladed staff. Use both ends!” Tyranthius called out to his opponent. He was in a light training suit that left his neck upward uncovered. Blunted training Ethers whirled in his hands, but he wielded them leisurely, as though he had all the time in the world. The figure that faced him was a slim, slight female clad in a training suit of her own, holding a training Orthos with some difficulty. They had been dueling for almost five minutes now.

"Your balance is off. If you hold it like that", Tyranthius said, referring to the improper stance, "I'm likely to do this." And with that he struck at the center of the awkwardly held Orthos and sent it flying. He sheathed his training blades. He wasn't even breathing hard.

"You're certainly skilled with firearms, pistols in particular. But you'll need to work on your blades", he told her.

"But I'll be wearing a Warframe if I'm ever in battle, and I might not even use an Orthos", she replied.

"You miss the point. The Orthos I gave you that you might practice your balance, if nothing else. In combat, the imbalanced stance will be the undoing of even the peerless gunman. You stand there shooting, a Charger swipes at you, and you fall. The Infested will see this, and in seconds, you're dead. A Warframe won't compensate for everything." She picked up the Orthos.

"Again?” Tyranthius said, drawing his blades. In answer, she whirled the Orthos in quick, sweeping arcs of pain, which Tyranthius barely managed to dodge. "There it is", he said as the blade once again sliced air where his face was previously. "You're getting it!"

He attacked now as well, faster than he had previously, but his strokes were turned aside by the Orthos, or else engaged in parrying the bladed staff. He struck faster still, his weapons appearing not so much as blades but a solid wall of gray in front of him. She parried, dodged, and cartwheeled aside. "Hey, we haven't started those lessons yet, when did you learn that?" 

He struck harder now, making her reel with each stroke, but not enough to create an opening. He spun and slashed down with both blades, and she parried. The shock of impact made her teeth clench, but Tyranthius was staggered, if only shortly. She seized this chance, whirling the Orthos in an arc that ended three inches from his face. They were still.

Tyranthius threw back his head and laughed. At least she was a quick learner. "Good job", he said.

Breathing hard, she replied, "I win."

He smiled in an is-that-so manner and pointed to his left hand, with the elbow braced against his thigh, holding an Ether outward. Her eyes followed the blade and saw it touching her training suit, just under her sternum. If their weapons were not blunted and she had continued her attack, she would have impaled herself before she even touched him. Cursing, she threw aside her weapon.

"Don't feel too bad. The number of enemies who've engaged me in a melee fight is the same number who died in the attempt, less one."

"Less one?"

"Yes. But that story is for another time. I think we'll leave it here for today", he said. "Did you get hurt anywhere?"

"Just a glancing blow to the face."

"Let me see anyway. I won't have them say I'm doing a bad job of this." He remembered that, for some reason, he had never seen her out of protective gear. She took off her helmet, and he nearly choked. An oval face, half hidden by a fringe of short raven hair, porcelain skin, elfin features, but it was her eyes. Enormous luminous orbs set with gemstones of uncompromising gray. There was a small mark on her cheek, it would probably bruise in a few hours, but he noticed no more. His mind slowed, his perceptions dulled, and the blood was draining from his face. Dimly, in a corner of his mind not currently in stupor, he counted himself fortunate that instead of coloring when warranted, his face did the exact opposite, chilling his body and paling his face.

"...can't be that bad can it? Master? Tyranthius?"

He managed only, "I - well it's not too noticeable - I mean, you look great! - Not that I mean anything by that, I just meant - what I mean is, -y-you look perfect. -Ly fine. Perfectly fine."

She looked confused, and he grew even paler. He was thinking of very colorful and violent ways he would beat his brain if it were a person.

Just outside the room, a shadow stirred. A deep red glow emanated from within the specter, where its head might be. The glow intensified. The shadow saw. It peered into the training hall; saw the two figures in training suits, seemingly in conversation. It laughed. This would be one of his best.

And from behind, it was cuffed on the ear by a Tenno in an EXCALIBUR Prime.

"Ow! I mean, Cal! What a pleasant surprise! So nice to see you here!” the figure said.

"And just what are you doing?” the one called 'Cal demanded.

"Oh, nothing. Just, you know, walking around", said the figure in a pathetic attempt at an innocent voice.

"Within twenty feet of Tyranthius and his new apprentice."

"What? Am I not allowed to go near him now? Besides, he owes me some potatoes, so I came to collect."

"I see. And you just happened to be wearing your Stalker holo-projector?” said 'Cal, whose face by now would have given the Stalker pause.

"What, this?” the figure said as it touched a button on its shoulder. The shadowed form of the Stalker faded and revealed a LOKI with the visor up, exposing a face that could only be described as devious. "I just thought he would find it funny."

"Do you know you're not the first to do that? I wonder what Tyranthius thinks sometimes. Do you want to know what happened to the last one?"

The LOKI leaned forward, listening to EXCALIBUR's whispers.

"So yeah...uh-huh...and then...he did what?...with a stick...and carrots...no way...and, wait where did you say he jammed those Duel Monsters cards?...there?...how would those even fit?...Merciful Orokin."

"Exactly." And with that, EXCALIBUR took the LOKI by the arm and half walked-half-dragged him away.

"So... when's our next session?"

Tyranthius could only gape, imagining the little Tenno in his head scrambling to locate the drawer where his speech function should be, and finding that it was somehow on fire.

"I'll just come back same time tomorrow?"

"Yes!” he said in the voice of a beggar who was asked if he would like another bar of gold. "I mean, yes. That would be appropriate", this time said in his smooth I'm-definitely-not-insane-or-desperate-please-don't-think-I'm-weird voice.

She smiled, turned, and walked away. When she had left, he looked around, found her discarded training helmet, put it to his face, and inhaled.

Made this for the MAG I made recently. Oh, and Frost, how did I do with your boys?

Wth? Hijacked...

Do I look like a Royale with Cheese to you, sucka?

Have any of yall been to Earth lately? Europe is a Grineer parking lot. There hasn’t been a France for 2,000 years. There’s a Bass Pro Shop, a Taco Bell, and a reactor building facility that makes those little disco balls full of glow sticks that we always shoot up.

Omle du Vauban O.O

I just spent the last two hours reading this thread. Best thread on WF forums. BAR F**KING NONE. I laughed my &#! off. Keep it coming, Doozy. I'm having a blast!

I also can't help but think that Loki players get a bit of a bad rap in this game. I'm usually pretty responsible with my Loki- I just wind up getting dropped in servers with rushers so I can't scavenge or stealth the way I do in solo play.

Loki is also the best frame to use to test the map's collision detection, since decoy + switch teleport can get you places ordinary frames can't reach. But yeah, Loki being a shameless troll in the story is quite funny.

Edited by SFkenny

Do I look like a Royale with Cheese to you, sucka?

Have any of yall been to Earth lately? Europe is a Grineer parking lot. There hasn’t been a France for 2,000 years. There’s a Bass Pro Shop, a Taco Bell, and a reactor building facility that makes those little disco balls full of glow sticks that we always shoot up.

Actually... yes vabs... yes you do. As far as having been to earth lately, there is this great little titan restaurant down in the corner of old Italy that has some great food, definitely recommend it. Also, no need to be hating on your heritage, most people I talk to rather like your french Barret helmet.

If you're looking to change your image though, I'd recommend volt, he does some great work.