Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for limbo rework

salem8171

Hi i have been playing warframe for quite a while and limbo is one of my favorite frames and since he's getting a rework soon (hopefuly) i'd like to suggest a few tweaks to his abilities based on the most annoying things that bothered me when i played him:

Banish: Well i think that banish should only work on enemies now to avoid confusing between enemies and allies AND it should work on objects like consoles, data masses and some objectives like sabotage reactors. it wouldnt be as op as before as it costs energie now to do such things while in the rift.

Rift walk: As you may have noticed we still dont have a way to "banish" allies, thats the job of rift walk now. Rift walk should stay as it is, just add the possibility to transport allies in affinity range to the rift by holding the ability button maybe with an additional energie cost to balance it (i insist on the range being the affinity range as this may be a good way to save allies from dieing so its important to know if they are in range, and since all limbo's powers are affected by duration narrow minded is a must and it shouldnt mess up the range). The point from this change is to make it easier to banish allies as nobody likes to aim at a space ninja to banish him.

Rift surge: Many peaple think that rift surge should affect nearby allies. I think it should not. That's because i dont want limbo to be a mere support frame, he deserves to shine on the battlefield and he needs a selfish power to do that, just like trinity's link. This may not be necaissary but it could also grant a slight mouvment speed buff while in the rift as i hate eating dust of Formula 1 loki in spy missions :3

Catalysm: Uh, i dont know where to start with this one or how to explain it as it needs a complete rework imo. People always used it as a defensive ability but it just felt like a prison to me. how about we replace that globe with a portal!! this portal which looks like volt's electic shield or something can act as a rift fissure and makes anything that goes throught it travel between rift plane and normal plane depending on where it was (anything includes enemies,allies and even bullets). I'll try to explain this more with some situations: Lets say that there is a player and an enemy and the portal is just between them, if both of them are in the same plane (both in the rift for exemple) and they exchange fire through the portal no one will get hurt as all bullets have travelled to the normal plane when they touched the portal so catalysm can still be used as a defensive ability. Lets now imagine if the player is in the rift plane and the enemy is on the normal plane and the portal is still between them now they can hurt each other but only if the bullets go throught the portal to switch planes, this also means that the only way that the player can get hurt is from bullets from the portal so catalysm can still be a defensive ability as it can be used as some sort of camping and kill enemies throught that tiny hole in space (Its not as op as real camping as enemies wont try to gather at the front of the portal for you to kill fast)

Now for the rift's ability to generate energie i really believe that it should be buffed to something like 5e/sec (that's for allies limbo shouldnt get more than 2e/sec) and no i dont think that would be op, not that we have ev trin out there, and a health regen would be nice too :3

Okey i think that's it i hope i didnt forget anything. I would really like to know what you guys think about this.

PS: DE pls fix that naplam bug that ignores rift T-T

You're really just trying to put makeup on a pig to be rather blunt.  I'd really like to see his abilities completely redone while keeping the spirit of his kit alive.  His abilities now could all easily be worked into a single tap/hold ability giving him room for 3 new ones.

Well maybe you're right limbo is only a 1 trick pony now but i dont him to be a top tier warframe that everyone uses (looking at you loki). A few tweaks to his current abilities are more than just enough for me to enjoy playing this frame.

To be honest ive played Limbo nearly as soon as he came out. And to be flat honest i dislike all of your suggestions.

Limbo is fine where he is. Since to build him effectively he is a glass cannon support. Shifting his abilitys to specifically be support would completely ruin him as an offensive support/assasin.
As in you hide in the rift and take out high strength enemys with him. Not to mention the idea of locking limbo's skills range. Yaaaaa noooooo. This frame needs the diversity. His 4 can be used defensively and with the syndicate mod for his 3 it makes him a massive power house. Or the mod for his 4 that increases its already long duration is great for defencive grinding. One of the easy low level grind methods. Specially if your helping ur buddies start fresh frames. Increasing limbos rift surge based on +20% per enemy in rift needs the be able to be adjusted based on range. So low teir play high range; High teir play/ small area. So you arent shrek'ed with damage flying at you on a squishy frame.

Plus making it so you cant banish allys? why wouldnt you want that? His other mod augment heals ppl 30% when you banish them. Or say you see a buddy raising a downed player. All you have to do is banish them and they cant be killed unless they are hit with an element atk. There is a bug right now that hits you with elements when in the rift.

I have no idea why they want to rework him he is in a fine enough place in my opinion. Not to mention you can aim his bubble into a crowd far away while in rift walk then fire opticor through a horde with lots of punch and kill multiple guys in one shot.

Like seriously one shot does like 14k damage unbuffed with powers............Against multiple enemys. With limbos power alone it can do alot of damage. It'd probably do around 200k damage with a nova around

Edited by Zamiake
additional explaination