Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa and Focus

ExhaustedDog

Question

I'm trying to decide if I want to put lenses on Mesa but I'm unsure how Peacemaker works; my understanding is that Regulators count as guns and not necessarily an ability (even though PM is an ability). Does this make it so focus/XP would distribute to both the frame AND weapons or just the frame? I checked on the Wiki, and the only information regarding Mesa's Peacemaker is that redeemers are separate weapons and utilize secondary and frame mods. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Currently enjoying her re-work, and find that she's effective in most missions. I haven't quite figured out a primary that would make her more of a cheese frame in exterminate missions simply because her lack of mobility in PM. I've also debated experimenting with her as a stealth frame once I get Naramon up and running, since, for whatever reason, PM's are silent and 95% DR with weapon jamming and invisibility is too tempting not to try.

Don't have an image of the build I'm running but the mods are:

Corrosive Projection, Power Drift, Primed Continuity, Primed Flow, Transient Fortitude, Intensify, Constitution, Narrow Minded, Stretch, Fleeting Expertise

195% Power Duration, 160% Power Efficiency, 79% Power Range, 200% Power Strength

Edited by ExhaustedDog

5 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, NobleParadox96 said:

forgot to mention... shadow step will only activate if you crit with a melee weapon only

I know, which is why it's experimental cause I would likely use a red crit melee weapon build instead of the Redeemer.

Thanks for the reply; I'm going to take an unranked weapon into a solo game and just use Peacemaker to verify.

Peacemaker is an ability, so the affinity goes to the frame. It just functions off of secondary mods, the same way Exalted Blade and Hysteria work with melee mods. Mesa's my go-to focus farm frame. 

Also, the pistols are called Regulators. The Redeemer is a gunblade and not related to Mesa at all.

Mesa is a farmer's dream.   If you have enough power, you can do peacemaker for entire waves in defense, then regen waiting on the next wave, and you can do it while staying 100% immune to being shot apart from the occasional 0.5 second recasts.

She isnt as strong in maps where movement is important, like exterminate.   But defense, mobile defense, intercept, things like that, she is amazing.  Ive often finished an old school draco with 75% of the damage & kills among 4 players with just sitting there in peacemaker.   The focus gains on a map like that were outstanding.

Catch 22: to get to this level of power I have focus power regen unlocked already...   there are other ways to get power, but peacemaker is a hog.    The good news is that if you can get a full bar of power between focus nodes (not hard to do at all in a group in a good map) you can sit in PM for the duration of the focus bonus thing and then repeat this.   But its easier when you can sit in PM for nearly the whole mission.   5 power per sec (aura & focus ability) is enough to do that combined with mods to make PM cost a lot less.

The cheapest focus farmer generally might be a mag though.   With greedy pull restoring power, you can spam abilities and rack up the focus.   I tricked out mesa between the stealth focus nerf (sigh, ivara..) and the draco nerf.   Something like mag, atlas, ash, etc that can spam abilities during the focus bonus...  doesn't matter too much which frame,  you get the picture.  Ability that kills and can be spammed = win.

I can confirm that using peacemaker makes mesa only gain experience.

She's my vazarin focus farmer, and it works really well with her 4.

Just sit in the middle of the map and wait for the focus booster, than shoot like a madman.

Managed to almost get to excalibur's old Draco focus farming potential.

Your build looks good to me, even though i prefer less range to concentrate at my targets when i shoot (always useful when you run against lvl 120 bombards).