Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best place to farm Archwing Eximus codex scans?

Cyborg-Rox

Question

I thought it was finally about time I'd get around to this, as I've got mostly everything else in the Codex scanned. So, what are the best places to farm the various Eximus units?

Already ran some Corpus Exterminate on Venus (and the alert on Jupiter) which gave me a good amount of scans. Didn't get any Penta/Quanta Rangers though.

8 answers to this question

Eximus units have more chances to spawn at high level missions, so:

For Corpus I'd say Salacia on Neptune. it's MD now, much easier to manage than defense.

For Grineer I think the highest level node is still Caelus? But it doesn't really allow you to scan at your ease. I think the one on Saturn is better.

Currently, eximus variants of Corpus archwing enemies only appear on Montes (Venus) and Salacia (Neptune) during regular missions: no Eximus enemies appear on either Kepler (Phobos) or Galilea (Jupiter).  Since Quanta Rangers only appear on Kepler, your only option to scan Quanta Ranger Eximus is via alert missions: I got a scan earlier today on a Galilea alert.

1 minute ago, N64Gamefreak said:

Currently, eximus variants of Corpus archwing enemies only appear on Montes (Venus) and Salacia (Neptune) during regular missions: no Eximus enemies appear on either Kepler (Phobos) or Galilea (Jupiter).  Since Quanta Rangers only appear on Kepler, your only option to scan Quanta Ranger Eximus is via alert missions: I got a scan earlier today on a Galilea alert.

Oh wow, yeah, I kinda noticed a lack of Eximus units on the Sabotage missions, and lack of Quanta units on the Mobile Defense mission. Thought I was just being unlucky though :/

I did do that alert on Jupiter,but didn't get any Quanta Eximus Rangers...

50 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Oh wow, yeah, I kinda noticed a lack of Eximus units on the Sabotage missions, and lack of Quanta units on the Mobile Defense mission. Thought I was just being unlucky though :/

I did do that alert on Jupiter,but didn't get any Quanta Eximus Rangers...

I only got one scan, myself.  Gotta wait for more alerts I guess.

1 minute ago, N64Gamefreak said:

I only got one scan, myself.  Gotta wait for more alerts I guess.

Yeah. I guess a good method (when an alert finally arrives) is to simply abort the mission at the end if you get no scans.

Wonder if any alert trackers can be filtered to specific nodes...

Defense alert is up on Galilea, Jupiter.  And the alert where I got the first scan was an Exterminate, so they aren't limited to Defense or Mobile Defense.

*edit*

Got the 2 scans, but I needed to go to 10 waves.  Amesha is well suited to defense missions, but the waves are sooooo long.

Edited by N64Gamefreak