Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf Disruptors?

slicshuter

If you stand on a crate you are immune to everything except the exploding runners, no need for a nerf

if anything they need a buff i just stand on a crate killing everything and nothing can touch me except for that annoying explosion

If you stand on a crate you are immune to everything except the exploding runners, no need for a nerf

if anything they need a buff i just stand on a crate killing everything and nothing can touch me except for that annoying explosion

Or maybe they just need to fix that little bug/exploit.

In all honesty, I fear Disruptors more than most bosses in this game - and this is something very bad to say the least.

What I think makes them not only frustrating, annoying and overpowered is the fact that they can drain ALL your energy, shield AND disrupt your HUD... AFTER they knocked you down. This is more punishing than any boss I have fought so far in Warframe, and as icing on the cake they're ridiculously fast and hard to get good critical hits on(headshot). Yes, I'm aware of that orange blob on their knee being a weakspot, but from my experience, headshots deal far more damage.

All in all I see the entirety of the Infested to be a broken faction, consisting of nothing other than bad design/lazy work. It feels like a rushed faction just to be there as a filler for variation. Something that really needs to be fixed is being constantly stunlocked when fighting the Infested.

Knocked down by a Disruptor? Lost all your energy and shield? Suddenly a charger in your face, wham, stunned. But wait, there's more! Suddenly a leaper throws himself at you, knocking you down - letting the Disruptor once again disrupt you. Not enough for you? Here, have some Chargers that ALSO stagger you - and seem to be immune to stagger effect themselves(So unless you have a damn good melee weapon, your best bet is to run around like a headless chicken in the Mos Eisley Cantina). Only Infested I actually like is the Toxic Disruptor, feels somewhat unique and has it's strength in ignoring shield - but not over-the-top.

The x3 melee damage bonus hardly makes up for it, and most of the time I don't even notice it. I feel that I kill Grineer and CORPUS just as fast as infested - if not even faster.

TL;DR: Broken faction, poor design(I do not mean the art syle!). Needs a lot of work. Should be high priority.

Edited by Dealman

The x3 melee damage bonus hardly makes up for it, and most of the time I don't even notice it. I feel that I kill Grineer and CORPUS just as fast as infested - if not even faster.

TL;DR: Broken faction, poor design(I do not mean the art syle!). Needs a lot of work. Should be high priority.

Only light infested units take x3 melee damage from SHARP melee. Ancients aren't affected. And I agree, the Infested faction as a whole is poorly designed and my most hated faction due to the stunlock, frustrating abilities and absurd spawns. Compared to the Corpus or even the Grineer with their Rollers and Scorpions, Infested are the worst faction.

The first hit from disruptors is ALWAYS the disruption hit.

Wrong.  In fact, my experience shows the exact opposite.  I get knocked down and then disrupted... or they miss the first attack and I get disrupted by the second even it it misses (as in, while running by/near it).

In fact, most of you're posts on this thread have had bad information in them.  Please stop.

I play Loki, solo.  After about my 3rd time getting disrupted by these guys, I decided I really didn't like it and it more or less ended there.  I rarely ever get disrupted because its a pain in the &#! and I make it a high priority to stay the hell away from them.  It happens, rarely, but it still does.  

Dont nerf them, they present a real danger to the player that most enemies don't (regardless of level, even a low level ancient presents danger that other low level creeps don't).  If anything, the game needs more enemies that have a battle-presence independent of their health/damage potentials... shockwave and railgun moas are in this catagory.

Dont nerf them, they present a real danger to the player that most enemies don't (regardless of level, even a low level ancient presents danger that other low level creeps don't).  If anything, the game needs more enemies that have a battle-presence independent of their health/damage potentials... shockwave and railgun moas are in this catagory.

Why should they not be nerfed? They don't only present more danger than most other enemies, they present more danger than most if not all bosses do. I have 4 Warframes at Level 30 and have killed pretty much every boss there is, not a single one of them has been more threatening than Disruptors are. Bosses in this game really is just a matter of taking your time, they are for the most part ridiculously easy.

Disruptors are as broken as they can be, I don't see why people try to deny this and defend them. I really see them as one of the most if not the most dangerous unit in Warframe.

Infected as a whole needs to be re-designed. Look at the Grineer Scorpion or the CORPUS Shockwave MOA, they have knockdowns but they don't kick you in the balls after they have done so, nor are they even near as armoured as the Disruptors are. And their weakspots are also easy to hit. Those units are crowd control units done right. Ancients, not so much.

Comparing Disruptors to other units serving pretty much the same purpose and even some of the bosses, it's blatantly obvious that Disruptors are broken.

Please stop trying to deny it :I

Edited by Dealman

I like the Disruptor. Puts the fear in the player.

Gives you that roguelike fear. You know, "What? A cyclops on lvl 3? Curse the RNG gods!"

If they nerf the Disruptor, I don't want DE to take away any abilities, or nerf stats. I want visual clues. And since they're redoing the design and model of the Ancients, I'm pretty confident the visual clues will get better.

The Disruptor should punish people not paying attention. But players that pay attention should get some better idea of when the Disruptor begins his "ult".

Just don't make the Disruptor weaker. It's already so easy with Cryorounds, Serration and Hellfire to shoot the boot. Or just Glaive them. One shot, one kill.

Why always with the nerfing. Why can't people just say "I wish Disruptor was easier to spot so I could run away from it." Look, if they were to modify it's powers in ANYWAY, the disruptor should have it's shield drain power removed. It hits you, you lose your energy, you punch it's face in and done. Combine that with making it much more noticable, and perhaps a special twitch or move it does, like glowing and leaning it's arm back before lashing out at you to drain you, to let you know it's about to sap away your energy would be nice. Other than that? It's golden.

I like the Disruptor. Puts the fear in the player.

Gives you that roguelike fear. You know, "What? A cyclops on lvl 3? Curse the RNG gods!"

If they nerf the Disruptor, I don't want DE to take away any abilities, or nerf stats. I want visual clues. And since they're redoing the design and model of the Ancients, I'm pretty confident the visual clues will get better.

The Disruptor should punish people not paying attention. But players that pay attention should get some better idea of when the Disruptor begins his "ult".

Just don't make the Disruptor weaker. It's already so easy with Cryorounds, Serration and Hellfire to shoot the boot. Or just Glaive them. One shot, one kill.

Have you even tried the high level alert missions with Infested in them? Eventually the bulk of the enemy forces are comprised of all three Ancient varieties, it's insane. Hitting them with the Glaive is also hit or miss, but that's because the Glaive bounces off everything, corpses, enemies, teammates standing in the way, etc.

Ancients are why I'm starting to fall in love with the Boltor, Kunai, and Gram. Sure I love me the Gorgon and LEX as both are potato'd, but when I'm being swarmed by chargers, leapers, and runners, I'd rather just kill that Ancient Disrupt/Toxic Ancient Tag-Team off to the side with as little fuss as possible. I've seen Ancients spawn right in front of me because someone rushed ahead and the host was laggy. The Ancient had it's arms outstretched and it's legs were stiff as a board, and it was apparently floating in the air before it finally 'woke-up'.