Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Graphics Card Question

-Kryptyk-

So my laptop's motherboard fried, and after fighting with that thing for four years, figured it was just time to ditch it and upgrade to an actual pc.  Thing is, I need to get one pretty quickly (trying not to have a huge gap in videos for YouTubes), so I was just going to buy a fully built one.  No time to order parts, wait a week or two, and figure out how to put the thing together. 

Anyway, I found a tower within budget and everything checked out ok... Except for the graphics card.  It's got an AMD Radeon R7 240 card, and I've found quite a lot of mixed reviews and videos online.  Since I'm mainly focusing on warframe, I was wondering if anyone had any feedback who's actually using it.  What kind of fps are you all getting with what graphics settings, etc.  Need to have something by this Friday, so go me xD THE SHOPPING INTENSIFIES 

2GB video RAM era is gone, you are #*($%%@ if you run on a 2GB memory graphics card, you wouldn't even be able to run Warframe with full spec.

Even the MMO genre is moving on from that era.

2 minutes ago, Valteria. said:

2GB video RAM era is gone, you are #*($%%@ if you run on a 2GB memory graphics card, you wouldn't even be able to run Warframe with full spec.

Even the MMO genre is moving on from that era.

I dont think Vram has anything to do with how well you can run games. I own a gtx760, 2gb of vram and warframe maxed at 66 fps (because 66hz is the highest my monitor can go >_> sadly) 90% of the time. 

To op, this card is not enough for warframe and recent games. Maybe if you put the video settings down, but even then, it's a pretty cheap card. What i suggest you is a Gtx 750ti at about 130-140$ cad. It's a solid little card and performs very well. 

I can't really tell you about the r7 240 though, since i dont have much experience with AMD gpus.

1 minute ago, Stoner74 said:

I dont think Vram has anything to do with how well you can run games. I own a gtx760, 2gb of vram and warframe maxed at 66 fps (because 66hz is the highest my monitor can go >_> sadly) 90% of the time. 

To op, this card is not enough for warframe and recent games. Maybe if you put the video settings down, but even then, it's a pretty cheap card. What i suggest you is a Gtx 750ti at about 130-140$ cad. It's a solid little card and performs very well. 

I can't really tell you about the r7 240 though, since i dont have much experience with AMD gpus.

what resolution and monitor are you running on?

1 minute ago, Stoner74 said:

Just a normal 1080p monitor, i dont remember the name but it's from Hp.

I'm asking the size and the resolution.

8 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

Right, it runs on 1080p. The size is 21.5" i guess.

use a bigger monitor and see what happens

Thanks for the feedback guys!  c: it's definitely a step up from what I had (try Intel hd4000 integrated graphics), and from what I've found, it'll handle a lot of what I do for gaming.  May not be top of the line, but I guess I can always upgrade later :)

Edited by Firefly0037

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

Actually just bought a computer last week. Sales lady said if the pc has an AMD card with it's similar equipment then you are golden.

Don't trust her. AMD's considered the poor man's substitute version of Nvidia and Intel. Which are only on par or better with overclocking [experience required].

Edited by RetiredEdgeLord