Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

PC Launcher Is A Failure, When Will Improvements Be Made?

Darthmufin

Everyone that has ever had their launcher fail knows at this point that the launcher will often fail downloading an update for whatever reason, halfway through, almost done, or whatever. What some people don't know however is when this happens and the launcher goes to a different, blank white screen with the text "update failed, the update will restart shortly", it will begin to re-download the update....but you won't ever know this. You see, after 30 seconds or so after a failed update, it will begin to use your internet connect and start downloading again but nowhere on the screen will it tell you how fast it is downloading, the download total, how much is left, NOTHING. 

It's been 2 months since i proposed the idea to keep the launcher from going to this pointless new screen and simply staying on the original launcher screen so when it starts downloading again you know that it is. Closing the game as it is downloading content can cause corruption, and the current launcher encourages people to force close the launcher as they think the launcher is bugged and not downloading even if it is. 

Launcher fails, but is currently still downloading! How much is left? Nobody knows!

c06cd17446ec473c8bc148dc8d663e0c.png

Edited by Darthmufin

Hint: Never use the launcher options. Only set the game options once in-game and then go to options. I gave up on the launcher options ever working right years ago and have had no further problems. The only thing the launcher menu is good for is to verify or defrag cache.(I don't defrag ever because I use an SSD. I have only needed to verify a few times ever in all the years I have played .)

Good Luck. Happy Hunting Tenno.

27 minutes ago, Chesty_Puller said:

Hint: Never use the launcher options. Only set the game options once in-game and then go to options. I gave up on the launcher options ever working right years ago and have had no further problems. The only thing the launcher menu is good for is to verify or defrag cache.(I don't defrag ever because I use an SSD. I have only needed to verify a few times ever in all the years I have played .)

Good Luck. Happy Hunting Tenno.

what....what are you even talking about? This is an issue when the launcher fails an update, IT GOES TO A NEW SCREEN THAT DOESN'T SHOW YOU ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE UPDATE. 

why is that so difficult to understand? It has NOTHING to do with settings, bugs, or errors in the launcher. It's a feature that should not exist. 

• 3 weeks later...