The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Question Regarding Elemental Weapons.

RahuHordika

Question

I am talking about the weapons that deal purely elemental damage, aka the Ignis, Lanka and Prova. It is just a minoría concern that has been bugging me.

As far as I am aware using serration/pressure point will turn the damage added into the element the weapons uses, correct?

So here is my question: Does using this base damage mods have the same effects as using elemental mods matching those inherent in the weapon? Aka Hellfire on Ignis or Stormbringer/Shocking Thouch on Lanka/Prova.

Edited by RahuStalker

3 answers to this question

That's kinda adding an extra step that's not needed.

Serration/pressure point just increase the base damage. If that base damage just so happens to be fire, or electric then that fire, or electric damage is increased.

Adding any elemental mod will just add a separate tick of damage to the base damage.

The elemental damage is added on, so for example, if you have a gun that does 100 damage, adding a Hellfire that does 50% damage, a stormbringer that does 50% and a cryo rounds that does 50%,

You will do: 

100 damage + 50 fire damage + 50 electrical damage + 50 ice damage.

Whereas if you have one that just adds straight damage, i.e. +42% damage it would do 142 base damage.

More damage+ and elemental mods you put, the higher the damage the weapon will do.