Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Okina need to be changed.....

Block_sendo

• 2 months later...

I mean, if you're irritated by games not showing proper use of Sai, imagine how us Tonfa fans feel. This game's Tonfa are only vaguely anywhere near real tonfa usage, and the very way they have Kronen/Boltace shaped shows lack of understanding regarding how the weapon works and is wielded, and it's STILL closer to accurate than a LOT of games that include Tonfa (which is a notably shorter list than I would like). Even still they got the usage closer in a way that is not at all physically plausible, because though they understood the spinning motions are important, the spin is in a completely impossible direction. I'm sure plenty of other weapons here are completely off base too.

TL;DR: Them getting weapon usage wrong is not news.

On 7/26/2016 at 11:39 PM, TrickshotMcGee said:

Also, if they were to take away the slash of the Okina based on looks, they'd have to give that slash to Fang Prime because those are quite distinctly knives, and you can't apply logic to one while not applying it to another. 

This is precisely what they should do.  Sais, as the OP said, should be a distinctively different weapon type than (dual)daggers.  The style of fighting with them are completely different and honestly the game should reflect that.

I haven't use the Okina all that much myself but I'm going to guess the stance makes use of the stabby aspect?  I hope so anyway.  Regardless, they shouldn't slash, they should puncture.  In fact I feel like fang (prime) and okina should just switch damage types and be done.

On 8/13/2016 at 4:42 AM, Kainosh said:

The only thing i would add to them is ability to disarm.

Because that is exactly why sai have such shape.

This too.  Quite a good and different mechanic for a melee weapon (not thrown) as well.  They could also have a chance to temporarily jam guns too, why not.  So few (any?) use mesa's jamming guns mechanic.