Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Volt's Discharge

Antiphoton

Question

A few questions:

- Are the arcs from tesla coiled enemies affected by power range?

- Are the shields gained from Capacitance converted into overshields?

- Is it worth going with high duration and range with negative power strenght? 

Thanks! 

2 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Antiphoton said:

A few questions:

- Are the arcs from tesla coiled enemies affected by power range?

- Are the shields gained from Capacitance converted into overshields?

- Is it worth going with high duration and range with negative power strenght? 

Thanks! 

yes, yes (for everyone on team in range), and kinda. 

i have my discharge volt build for range duration, and enough strength to bring him back up to roughly 100% and to get to max overshield quicker.also threw a Redirection on instead of Vitality

Also, note that the range of Capacitance seems to be locked to like 5-10 meters around you (haven't tested it thoroughly to find the exact range yet). That range is not affected by power range, but basically everything else on it is. Also, Kubrows and Kavats don't have to be in range for Capacitance if you are their owner, and sentinels aren't currently affected by the overshield effect.

My Cap Volt has 210% strength and 78% duration, but it really depends on how you want to roll it. High-duration/low-strength means it takes longer to charge, but enemies are stunned for longer and you have more time to charge. Vice-versa (with my build), goes the other way around. Discharge stuns for about 9 seconds, speed lasts about 8 seconds, but everything is really strong and happens quickly (though I do have max efficiency, so ability spam is totally viable).

The only real "requirement" for a good Discharge/Capacitance Volt is to have at least some duration, and to have a lot of range to make Discharge hit a lot.