Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starting To Hate Video Games

artemisfortune

Lately I just don't get enjoyment out of them anymore. I like to play online games because before that's how I met people. Some of my closest friends I met on Xbox Live or PSN or what have you. Now whenever I meet someone in any kind of game, competitive or not, they're just awful. I'm not saying everyone is awful, but the awful people seem to show up more than the nice ones. Even Warframe is no exception now. I mean what the hell happened between 2010 and 2016 that made people just so S#&$ty? Were they always S#&$ty and I just didn't notice it because I was a younger person? It really bums me out. Kind of defeats the purpose of playing the thing I used as primary entertainment for a long time.

Well, that's my rant. I don't feel better, but eh.

30 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Lately I just don't get enjoyment out of them anymore. I like to play online games because before that's how I met people. Some of my closest friends I met on Xbox Live or PSN or what have you. Now whenever I meet someone in any kind of game, competitive or not, they're just awful. I'm not saying everyone is awful, but the awful people seem to show up more than the nice ones. Even Warframe is no exception now. I mean what the hell happened between 2010 and 2016 that made people just so S#&$ty? Were they always S#&$ty and I just didn't notice it because I was a younger person? It really bums me out. Kind of defeats the purpose of playing the thing I used as primary entertainment for a long time.

Well, that's my rant. I don't feel better, but eh.

I think it's a combination of both.

Online gaming has become more of a socially accepted way to pass the time, so more people are using it, and thus, more idjits. 

58 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I think it's a combination of both.

Online gaming has become more of a socially accepted way to pass the time, so more people are using it, and thus, more idjits. 

What a bummer. I think I'm just going to stay away from them for awhile unless I'm playing exclusively with people I know.

I agree with Noa. It's a combination of both.

Of course, goes beyond "common bad people" joining, I think. Ever since a certain event that shant be named, many people have started to use a$$holeness as a display of their "freedom of expression". In general, online communities have become more and more polarized.

Hate's everywhere in the world, and online communities are no different.

And yes, you probably have grown over it too.

In the end, stick to friends, and go do other stuff. Read a book, run, paint, play some music, meet new people, focuse on your job, start a family, destroy capitalism, etc. World's full of opportunities. Go get them.

21 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Yeah, soon I'll have a nice 9 to 5 job that entails all I'm passionate about, so maybe this problem will evaporate after that.

Less IRL stress does tend to improve my gaming.

Congrats on the new job btw