Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Artifacts ( Overrated Pit Ponies)

ZWarhammer

i actually enjoyed the metric tonne of mods i got from this... :D but the mods themselves...? unles you stack four of the inf impndence on xini, i see no other usefulness to them... the armor reduction against grineer is not as worth as energy siphon, and the shield thing against corpus still can`t surpass energy siphon... there. my two cents...

1. I know its beta, and our feedback shapes the game. But, I think it's important to do so respectfully instead of opening a post in such a toxic manner (also turns people off from reading your post/responding intelligently and frankly makes you seem petulant).

2. We know that new enemies with new abilities are upcoming, so this may be similar to FP's BP's in that its prepping us for the next update.

3. I have no problem with getting a rare drop this way versus hours of farming and you implied discontent with the brevity of time needed to achieve the rewards during a weekend event. As somebody who can't sit there and play this for 8 hours non stop I'm actually O.K. with this.

4. The weekend events are something I'd like to see more of, I don't mind not getting some epic OP reward because I don't really need any more of that. These events break up the same old, same old of running missions with a nice objective factored in.

5. Cosmetics - They did this during a beta weekend with the braton-vandal. Although their cosmetics generally have slightly different stats in one way or another. Anyways, I'm O.K. with this as cosmetics are always nice to have but you have to consider the issue of item slots for weapons which is a whole other kettle of fish I probably shouldn't have brought up.

I'm with this dude, the way you wrote it is the way I'd imagine a 14 year old  child that's not happy with his Christmas present would react. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth my friend, It's not like you had to do that much for them and they're artifacts at the end of the day...I don't even care about artifacts. I want them because it's a prize during a weekend event that's likely to drum up loads of people flooding the game and looking to the play the same levels as the rest of us. Great fun, it's like a digital fair filled with gun play and I love it personally. 

Edited by General-Griffin

How to use them ?

Shooting stuff so it dies 0.3 seconds faster is not rocket science.

Energy Siphon, Rejuvenation, Enemy Radar are the most useful artifacts in game currently.

Yes I have been playing long enough to know which are used most often, but new artifacts being introduced is like when the whole mod system was changed, its going to take time for people to understand the usefulness of these new artifacts and which missions having it on will be very effective.

These are just going to be hyped up versions of the lightning rod and flame repellant mods it looks like. Really DE, dont be afraid to go out there with some better gear for us to use, were supposed to be testing it anyway right? If its too strong, we'll tell you, and then you can nerf it all ya like.

I have serious doubts about that: Look at the forums.

Any kind nerf is prohibited.

I ran Corrosive Projection on Tyl Regor with Braton and some mods (all damage mods and multishot only, ranks are not maxed for all), I previously had to unload about 3~4 mags onto him but now I only needed 2 bloody mags. Is this bad? No. It's the best boss-killer mod around. Is this viable other than boss-killing? Yes, but only for Endless Defense missions.

I also ran Infested Impedance. To my surprise, it does more than slowing an enemy's movement. It slows their attack as well. Anything apart from Mr.Creeper-reskinned attacked slowly. Stack it with Freeze and you get a crazy slowed enemy with even slower animations. Oh, and did I ever mention knockdown animations were also slowed?

Running Shield Disruption right now. Personally my least favorite. It does it's job well but I think it's meant for certain enemies (bosses only, especially only Jackal). Hyena's problem is HP so I see no reason for it, same as Ambulas.

PS: I ran all these artifacts alone on Solo missions.

Edited by matrixEXO

I have to agree with the OP and as you can tell by matrixEXO's post these artifacts are very situation specific where as the most currently used artifacts, Energy Siphon and Enemy Radar are not, they work overall. Besides it just seems to me for an event that covers the whole weekend the rewards seem very lackluster. Besides if your a Vauban and you throw up Bastille they don't even get near the pod on defense missions or if your Mag or Ember and you have shade on doesn't matter if they catch up because you'll either burn them all or crush them or in Saryn's case melt them all. On reducing shields, like one of the posters said his gun already does that, even if you use one less ammo box it's not like you'll never have enough credits to buy more ammo boxes. In my opinion this event would have been so much better if they would have had the artifact redo in place already, then getting these artifacts would have taken on a whole new aspect.

In my opinion this event would have been so much better if they would have had the artifact redo in place already, then getting these artifacts would have taken on a whole new aspect.

Agreed. This should have been done instead of the current standing of things. Additionally, without the change, there is also no reason for multiple artifact hunting, which makes this event moot for players who already has all 3 within the first 6 hrs of the event (and yes, I got all 3 within the first 6 hrs thanks to lack of sleep which induced drowsiness after getting all 3).

Edited by matrixEXO

Ok, the armour reduction affects the damage reduction that units gain at higher levels, and can stack with multiple artifacts so we'd have to test this out to see how much this actually effects the overall damage.

As for the shield debuff, this is a 10% effective health reduction on the enemies per card, that's basically a 5% damage buff on certain enemies. Maybe not great, but situationally, pretty good.

The 10% slow is undeniably good.

Ok, the armour reduction affects the damage reduction that units gain at higher levels, and can stack with multiple artifacts so we'd have to test this out to see how much this actually effects the overall damage.

As for the shield debuff, this is a 10% effective health reduction on the enemies per card, that's basically a 5% damage buff on certain enemies. Maybe not great, but situationally, pretty good.

The 10% slow is undeniably good.

If the coding is Current Armor / (Base Armor * 100) (100 / Armor + 100), the armor reduction per Corrosive Projection artifact to be 10% and each Corrosive Projection stacks additively, then the values would be (using 300 and 900 armor respectively):

Under the effect of 1 Corrosive Projection::

100/400 * 100 = 25 damage

100/370 * 100 = ~27 damage

:::Damage boost of ~8%. Damage increase of ~2.

100/1000 * 100 = 10 damage

100/910 * 100 = ~11 reduction in damage

:::Damage boost of ~9%. Damage increase of ~1.

Under the effects of 4 Corrosive Projection::

100/400 * 100 = 25 damage

100/280 * 100 = ~36 damage

:::Damage boost of ~43%. Damage increase of ~11.

100/1000 * 100 = 10 damage

100/640 * 100 = ~16 damage

::: Damage boost of ~56%. Damage increase of ~6.

EDIT 2: After pondering on how my damage was changed, I believe the above equation holds true thus cleared up some old info not needed.

EDIT 3: Adding the old values for people who are interested to know. The formula is Current Armor/ (Current Armor + 100) and Corrosive Projection having 10% armor reduction value.

EDIT 4: Now using proper formula.

Edited by matrixEXO

MatrixEXO

This was posted recently:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1gsnxe/mobs_scaling_and_armor/

• Damage:
    (current_level - base_level)1.5 * 0.01 * base_damage + base_damage
  • HP:
    (current_level - base_level)1.75 * 0.01 * base_hp + base_hp
  • Shield:
    (current_level - base_level)1.4 * 0.01 * base_shield + base_shield
  • Armor:
    (current_level - base_level)1.4 * 0.01 * base_armor + base_armor

Legend:

• base_level: the minimum level the mob can be (this is usually 1 but it goes up to 15 for heavies)
  • current_level: the mob's level you see in game
  • base_damage, _hp, _shield, _armor: values the mob has at its base_level

This means that a Grineer Shotgun Lancer, whose base_level is 1 and has 200 base_armor, has 213.93 armor at level 5.

Armor

Formula:

• 100/(armor+100) * damage

In that, there is discussion that the artifact is being counted "twice", rather than a flat 10%

Trouble of course being, needing to know the exact armor, damage values done etc since the bonus from this artifact is a moving target as armor values change.

Edited by Enot83

MatrixEXO

This was posted recently:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1gsnxe/mobs_scaling_and_armor/

• Damage:

(current_level - base_level)1.5 * 0.01 * base_damage + base_damage

• HP:

(current_level - base_level)1.75 * 0.01 * base_hp + base_hp

• Shield:

(current_level - base_level)1.4 * 0.01 * base_shield + base_shield

• Armor:

(current_level - base_level)1.4 * 0.01 * base_armor + base_armor

Legend:

• base_level: the minimum level the mob can be (this is usually 1 but it goes up to 15 for heavies)
  • current_level: the mob's level you see in game
  • base_damage, _hp, _shield, _armor: values the mob has at its base_level

This means that a Grineer Shotgun Lancer, whose base_level is 1 and has 200 base_armor, has 213.93 armor at level 5.

Armor

Formula:

• 100/(armor+100) * damage

In that, there is discussion that the artifact is being counted "twice", rather than a flat 10%

Trouble of course being, needing to know the exact armor, damage values done etc since the bonus from this artifact is a moving target as armor values change.

Thanks, gonna edit my post to change the numbers.

Edited by matrixEXO

I don't have the stuff I had input before on excel with me so rather than repeating my previous work just yet I'll hold off till Monday or if someone else recalcs :(

With those armor calcs, the question still stands in my mind for the moment at least if the artifact is indeed 5% and being counted twice, or 10%.

Edit I lied was too intrigued.  Below, is for the use of 4 of the artifact.

In my previous information for the artifact:

At 0 armor => 0% increase in damage done

As armor approaches infinity => 25% increase in damage done

If artifact is counted twice:

As armor approaches infinity => 56.25% increase in damage done

If artifact is actually 10%

As armor approaches infinity => 66.6% increase in damage done

Obviously in either case of being counted twice or a 10% increase this is a huge change on what weapons are considered "best" to be brought with, in addition to the usefulness of a artifact such as rifle amp, in the current state.

The increase in damage done, is looked at this way.  What is your damage mitigated by armor, and then with the artifact equipped, attempting to do that same damage, how much more damage is done due to the reduction in armor.  Keep in mind this is not bonus damage that makes you hit for more, it just means that the reduction is less.

I also want to point out that, the models for the 5% being counted twice and the 10% model are incredibly close (further at infinity for 4 people using the artifact, less so at lesser armor values), so the error could be even from people testing with another who has the mod on or some other mistake that is taking place.

Edited by Enot83