The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

These 32bit changes made it worse

Xekrin

Improved system stability slightly for 32-bit systems (note: if you're running 32-bit Windows without a discrete Graphics Card this optimization probably won't save you).

As one of the woeful users of Vista (believe me I want to get Windows 7) I am fully aware that I will not perform as good as I could or should.  Despite that, however, I have been playing for nearly a year and other than having decreased graphics and a smidge of lag, I never had problems.

Until this update.  Yesterday the game ran just as smoothly as it always did.  Today after updating I could barely run, the graphics were jerky and smeared as if it couldn't quite keep up.  I never had this problem before today.

I will continue playing missions but this felt pretty awful, it caused me to fall behind in the mission (grineer vs. corpus invasion) and caused it to take twice as long for me to get to extraction.  I've yet to played anything else, which I will after posting this, but I wanted to get this down first.

Just played a few more missions, full squad fissure runs ran a bit more smoothly so I thought it was perhaps getting better.  So I ran 3 more invasion missions (well infestation) which were on the same tileset as the previous invasion (the one with the portal on the grineer ship) and it was still very sludgy.  

I then ran 3 more missions, one pug and two solo to see if there was a difference, and although solo ran somewhat better, there was still some severe sludgey lag that I never experienced previously.  My only conclusion is this update change to 32 bit did something it shouldn't have.  

Just my opinion though as I'm only one player, and I doubt there are many 32 bit users anymore (sigh).  Also I didn't change any of my settings from what they were yesterday when the game ran smoothly for me.

Side note, since the first sotr update (or perhaps lunaro not sure) it takes a lot longer for warframe to shutdown now, it used to close cleanly without any system lag.  Now it takes a minute or two for my system to clear itself of warframe memory or whatever and speed up other applications I have open or try to open after closing warframe.

I doubt 32bit is much of a priority and I don't really think you'll get much feedback on it but my opinion is please reverse whatever you did.  It didn't help and hurt quite a bit.

Maybe totally unrelated to the topic but my game has also suffered form severe FPS drops from the new update. I run a decent portable PC with 64bit windows 10 and whatnot but since this update something has $&*&*#(%& my graphic performance.

This, 64bit windows 7, for a while I've been iffy about it, trying not to blame the update that was supposed to do precisely the opposite. But it seens to have coincided with the 32bit fix.

Never really bothered checking my fps and Warframe's fps was never been an issue before, some of the hotfixes that came after Specters of the Rail even made it better. But for around 1 week I can feel the fps drop and stuttering.

It looks ok at first, on Liset and at the beggining start of missions, but grows gradualy, It's particulary obvious on Grineer missions depending on how many mobs are on my screen, feels like the stutteting and fps drops add one on top of the other, it can even make the action seen confusing. The game was really stable before, now it almost feels like a port of a console game.

Windows 10 and 32bit here, and I also have experienced more problems than before unfortunately. For some reason my system just decides to shut down Warframe completely if graphically something seems too hard to handle. I play using a Radeon 7770 HD 1GB card with the latest AMD Catalyst drivers installed, a set that does not cause me any troubles in other games.

Hi, these are my specs; I have been informed that migrating to a 64bit system should already help solve some of the graphics memory problems.

CPU:           Intel Core i5-4430 (Haswell-DT, C0)
               3000 MHz (30.00x100.0) @ 2399 MHz (24.00x100.0)
Motherboard:   ASRock B85M-ITX
Chipset:       Intel B85 (Lynx Point)
Memory:        8192 MBytes @ 666 MHz, 9-9-9-24
               - 4096 MB PC12800 DDR3 SDRAM - Crucial Technology BLT4G3D1608ET3LX0.
               - 4096 MB PC12800 DDR3 SDRAM - Crucial Technology BLT4G3D1608ET3LX0.
Graphics:      Sapphire Radeon HD 7770
               ATI/AMD Radeon HD 7770/R7 250X, 1024 MB GDDR5 SDRAM
Drive:         Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB, 117.2 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
Drive:         WDC WD10EADS-65L5B1, 976.8 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s @ 3Gb/s
Drive:         HGST HTS541010A9E680, 976.8 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
Sound:         Intel Lynx Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C2]
Sound:         ATI/AMD Verde/Heathrow/Chelsea - High Definition Audio Controller
Network:       Qualcomm/Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Basically just re-installing Windows 10 but with a 64bit architecture helped solve my problems. I think it mostly helped working with the 2x4Gb RAM memory set on my system, circumventing texture loading trouble in the game.