Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rebalancing Endless Missions

Nesit1

Today I want to talk about Endless missions in general. The problem is: they are not even in terms of "how fast players pass through reward rotations"

All numbers here are based on my own experience (I didn't make any hard calculations before), feel free to correct me.

Rating from fastest to slowest.

1. Excavation.
    Considered to be best place to farm anything reward-related at all.
    Average team, that isn't losing hardly and goes safest way (Only 1 Extractor working at the same time) spends  ~2 minutes per rotation. (and that's even less for experienced players)
  2. Survival. 
    Rotation reward every 5 minute. No exceptions.

3. Interception.
    Best time to get rotation reward is nearly 4-5 minutes. (flawless victory), while casual teams spend way more time for every rotation.

4. Defense.
    Time to get rotation reward highly depends on team comp and player's experience.
    Time can vary from 6-7 to 15 minutes per rotation for casual teams (newbies, high lvl waves, or just players who don't like cheese), and nearly 3-5 minutes for cheese-teams (Mesa/Ember/FastNova + anything supporting).

Right now, Excavation is just superior compared to others. It's not hard, you can't lose mission, it's fast, cryotic, got pretty huge amount of enemies. Yep, it surely requires hard CC or Frost even for casual teams to have a chance on high lvl, but that's not a big deal.

My suggestion is rebalancing time "to complete" for every mission.

• Rebalance oxygen system for Survival and change it to "3 minutes per rotation" (or even less?), adjusting enemy scalings (how fast their lvl increases over time).
  • Double progression rate for Interception (how fast message is being intercepted). 
  • Decrease amount of waves per rotation from 5 to 3, adjusting enemy scalings (how fast their lvl increases over time), marking last X enemies survived (those sneaky ones) Interception-style.

Well, it might sound quite insane, but really, those 3 missions feel too slow compared to Excavation (specially Defense), and changing that might help all this drama around relic acquisition. Don't ya think?

Except if we're "balancing" things then the outlier (The one that isn't in line with the others I.E. Excavation) would be the thing that needs smoothing out so it would make more sense to find some way to slow it down, then again I'm just against getting rewards in intervals of "3", just thinking about it makes me cringe; I'd much rather they focus on quality than quantity and make drop tables scale with how far you get so I don't end up getting some common reward on wave 100 or something.