Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Concept Art Thread] Smuggler's Refuge | The Road to Completion

MissMarifire

I've decided to take a bit of a break from designing to work on a Halloween piece on the side. It's an awful, cheesy idea, but I imagine it'd be interesting once it's done. Since it's for Halloween, it's more of a for-fun thing than anything, and I didn't really intend upon it being super accurate to the lore of the game. Just a fun little Halloween piece.

I got a bit too excited and wanted to show off the (very early) WIP.

Spoiler

yQZwViH.png

5ZRYVZ8.png

May I present: Jyoti Tal, musical necromancer. To rise his own army of the undead -or at least, the ones with good musical taste, that is. I could imagine a fun little pre-band alternate universe sorta thing with this; like he holds the power to do stuff like that or something.

Like I said, hella cheesy. I mean, I could've made him a vampire or some dumb Halloween fodder kinda deal.

Edited by MissMarifire

So. I've began work on designing the actual layout of the ship. Or, rather, the part we will be able to access in-game.

I'd like to preface this with: I don't know anything about architectural design. This entire thing is just a shot in the dark, a throw at it until I look into how to make architectural designs more. It's likely I'll have to get some grid paper and actually design the layout traditionally, and then lay it out with SketchUp or something; even on my phone, it feels weird trying to design something to a certain scale, though again, it could just be my ineptitude at architectural design.

Spoiler

o07hqgS.png

Now, I've found this reference after I had finished the two mockups, but I found this little site containing a treasure trove of various references and layouts of the Mos Eisley Cantina, which is something I could base the layout of the Virtuous Star on.

Now, what I'm curious as to know is whether or not to make it larger or smaller, and if so by how much. I'm not sure if they are too spacious or two crowded, which is probably as a result of my inexperience with this sort of thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, evergreenmind said:

Are you gonna finish the Necromancer Jyoti image? I really love how his face looks innit ...

You can always recycle the pose into something else, not necessary Halloween related.

Yeah, I'll finish it eventually. It's been shelved for now, but I'll be sure to finish it sometime.

I do have the paint started for it that I haven't posted, though. It was done ~three or four days before Halloween.

Spoiler

A0PnHn1.png

50 minutes ago, MissMarifire said:

Yeah, I'll finish it eventually. It's been shelved for now, but I'll be sure to finish it sometime.

I do have the paint started for it that I haven't posted, though. It was done ~three or four days before Halloween.

Hide contents

A0PnHn1.png

guuuuuuurlll

u kneed a purm 

Posting here since it's related to art:

About a week ago, my power supply went out. My hard drive is just fine, so the current art that is being worked on is okay, but I cannot say the same about my GPU, CPU, or motherboard. I will be without a computer likely until Christmas, and with this, I won't be able to draw much aside from sketches, but no big progress.

Edited by MissMarifire

6 hours ago, MissMarifire said:

Posting here since it's related to art:

About a week ago, my power supply went out. My hard drive is just fine, so the current art that is being worked on is okay, but I cannot say the same about my GPU, CPU, or motherboard. I will be without a computer likely until Christmas, and with this, I won't be able to draw much aside from sketches, but no big progress.

nooooooooo

maybe run the 10-yo extension cord through everything and see how it works

make sure it's sticky and dusty

Got around to trying to do a mockup of Lares's lead, Celsus, with some bonus colors. Not too fond of the design yet, so I may need to play around with it.

For reference, Lares is a bunch of Orokin-boos. Oroboos, if you will.

Spoiler

9vScTLR.jpg

NrEW3YL.jpg

Edited by MissMarifire

Now that I have a computer again, I can make some more progress with art. Here are some wips of Thadya's design. Do note that the design on the right is more accurate than the design on the left; her left leg is amputated, and a prosthetic takes its place. Once I begin lining the design on the left, I will fix this issue.

Spoiler

9YIIAh6g.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A very early and very ugly sketch for the mural I had planned for the Virtuous Star that I probably won't be able to finish, let alone finish in time. Midterms are coming up and school's had me slammed with a hefty load of work recently, so chances are I won't be revisiting this.

Spoiler

n7FxB2S.png

I'll have something, just... not art, I'm afraid.

Edited by MissMarifire

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided to reach out and attempt to create a group of artists to work on the concept art.

It's not a bad thing, to admit that you need help. It was kind of foolish of me to believe I could do all of the art for the concept by myself, especially considering the additions v5.0 has brought to the table and the amount of additions I have yet to finish writing. There is just so much stuff that, in the speed I'm going at, I won't be able to finish everything at a reasonable time by myself. I'll have a list of everything that will need designs written here shortly, but generally speaking: I'm looking for artists who would be willing to lend a hand in finishing the rest of the art that needs made. All of the current art from v4.0 will be left be, meaning that the bands and Zeribus Ved are covered; they won't need redone for now. I'll have a Discord Server set up for when I have the list completed, and I'll still continue to work on art myself. I'll just be looking for other artists to assist as well.

7 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

I wish I could art. :( Unfortunately, the best I could do is draw a blueprint of the club and try to make it look "proper" (because I have no idea what the Corpus building authority wants to see). Or stick figures.

But Biblio, you draw the most beautiful stick figures. :heartbroken:

On a more serious note, I'd love it if you share the thread around. Who knows, maybe a friend of yours could be like "Hey, I'll help!". And that'd be all cool. Even if it didn't work, you'd still be helping me out a lot and I'm very appreciative for that sort of thing. Even if it doesn't seem like it, I do get giggly inside when someone tells me they like the concept. :")

Edited by MissMarifire

Grineer dating simulator? :D

On 25.1.2017 at 3:30 AM, MissMarifire said:

But Biblio, you draw the most beautiful stick figures. :heartbroken:

Aaw, you flatterer. Unfortunately, I lost my list of followed users (mostly for art) last year in a forums update and DE didn't bother to reinstate it from backup. But it seems that most of them have moved on to other games anyway. :/