Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Concept Art Thread] Smuggler's Refuge | The Road to Completion

MissMarifire

1 hour ago, MissMarifire said:

My new room decided to kick the bucket- literally, more water damage has caused it to flood.

On the bright side, new preliminary art! Albeit, all traditional...

New Arbis Ceg sketches

sa3bncQ.jpg

Doctor Ceg + Zeribus for scale

New_Doc_2018-01-22_1.jpg

Paratect

PnmE7Ss.jpg

Batterok, Bubonet, Harbaz, Mach, and Ruptus

q4rwxpD.jpg

PHEW! Tragically annoying to hear your room updated from "damp" to "fish tank", but, happy to hear your notes are unscathed! How bad is it exactly? We talking dank molded carpet, damaged family heirlooms, and slogging it Vietnam style to get around or is it just "Huh, I guess "damp n dank" is just my new decorative scheme for now."?

That said, gotta ask, I recognize almost all the weapon designations and only a newcomer/blind chimp wouldn't recognize Big Z, but, who is this esteemed doctor I'm just hearing of?

Edited by Unus

18 hours ago, Unus said:

PHEW! Tragically annoying to hear your room updated from "damp" to "fish tank", but, happy to hear your notes are unscathed! How bad is it exactly? We talking dank molded carpet, damaged family heirlooms, and slogging it Vietnam style to get around or is it just "Huh, I guess "damp n dank" is just my new decorative scheme for now."?

That said, gotta ask, I recognize almost all the weapon designations and only a newcomer/blind chimp wouldn't recognize Big Z, but, who is this esteemed doctor I'm just hearing of?

Twitter's got you covered. It's not as bad as the other room (thus far), but it's a surefire sign that it's gotten into the electrical bits of the room.

Dr. Ceg is the leader of the Corros Colony. Once an esteemed Kuva researcher (hence the braids) under Tyl Regor, they defected not due to genetics but out of spite- after having their work plagiarized and stolen by Regor, Dr. Ceg sought to instead support the enemy, the Grineer defectors.

Dr. Ceg is Arbis's parental figure of sorts, as he met Arbis shortly after he was released from his big ol' tube.  

For info on the Corros: They're the Kavor but not. Grineer defectors that have laid low for years under the radar of the Grineer that who love their space weed that Dr. Ceg created a special strain of that slows down their genetic decay from cloning (their main export is an extremely corrosive byproduct from their space weed thats used to break down metal, hence Corros). They don't like fighting, but unlike the Kavor, *will* fight if push comes to shove.

Edited by MissMarifire

Things have been quiet concept art-wise (busy with commissions/art I owe people), outside of a particularly spoilery (I mean he's been mentioned here but w/e) doodle from Twitter.

Spoiler

unknown.png

his birthday is coming up anyway (his files say sometime in mid-February) so he's deffo gonna get some love, both in art and in concept. been toying around with a couple different kinds of quests for him etc. etc. that players can partake in.

ofc ~grown up~ yuli more likely than not won't actually appear (tho a drafted quest does make this possible), but he's a charming fellow n fun to draw regardless

• 4 weeks later...

More things from twitter- a little something I've been working on on the side of commissions and the Subnautica comic, The Aurora Approach. They're super sketchy for the sake of planning everything out- a trait that the Subnautica comic shares as well.

I'll be chipping away at it during my free time but as said on the other thread, it's gonna be on the backburner.

Spoiler

DWvunaGX0AA2fgg.jpg

DWvusTIX4AE5dFT.jpg

DWvuwCYW0AA0pS6.jpg