Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any tips for oberon?

(PSN)CommanderC2121

Question

Ive always had oberon (was my 3rd frame) but ive never really liked his kit until recently. Ive gotten his hp to 925, armor to 285, added rage, and a maxed equilibrium, and i started to really have some fun with him. The fact that i almost always have energy because of rage, mixed with always having hp because of renewal, mixed with always being able to get hp orbs, and therefore more energy, just makes for a fun build imo. Add the decaying key and it allows rage to proc more often. 

My question is, what can i do better? Ive looked at a lot of mods, and swore i saw on that said picking up hp orbs grants armor, yet i cant find that again. I could only imagine how good a build like tht would be, able to kill ~20 dude, get the hp from 10 (250 hp and energy back) and then have an armor boost on top of that! 

Finally, how should i mod my renewal? Ive tried out high duration low strength, and low duration high strength (cant really do both high or both low D:  ) and have yet to find a medium of which i am happy with. I either heal too slowly, but have renewal active for a while, or i heal too quickly, and barely have it active.

will DE ever make it toggleable? I feel like it would do the perk a world of good 

8 answers to this question

My personal build consists of:

- Vitality (whatever rank - mine is rank 8(

- Vigor (maxed)

- Rage

- Primed Flow

- Streamline

- Stretch

- Hallowed Reckoning

- Phoenix Renewal

Exilus - Sure Footed (not necessary, just my preference)

Aura - Steel Charge (for sake of mod points)

One potato, two formas

Rage, high health, Primed Flow, and Streamline help to keep Renewal accessible at pretty much all times in case you're in a tizzy, and Phoenix Renewal is there in case you goof and trigger it too late. The rest is built mostly for Reckoning, considering it's good to keep guys off of your back for a minute, hence the extra range, and it can get you more health in the event that it does kill them. Plus the extra Hallowed Ground puddles will deal some extra ticks of damage while they're getting up, and even more if the enemies are all clustered together. Oh, and the extra range is good for regular Hallowed Ground too.

Basically modding for survivability by building Renewal not for raw health amounts or duration, but being able to use it whenever it may be needed. and being able to have it as a panic button. The Sure Footed also helps to keep any butt pirate with a riot shield that might pop up from keeping you down a second too long.

In my own opinion, between an always accessible renewal, easy way to knock an entire room on its rear for ground finishes, and lots of status immunity, Oberon is the back-off-can't-touch-this frame, and I can use him best that way. That's just me, though, and everyone has their own playstyle, so experiment with mods, and use mine and other people's builds not as laws set in stone, but some cool ideas to try out. Health Conversion can be good as well for Broberon, so try it out!

Good luck to you, Tenno!

This mod is good for frames that can ¨create¨ Health orbs like nekros or oberon. Nekros benefits even more because he can use despoil to deplete health - it is like a cycle - kill enemies, desecrate, generate health orbs, pick orbs, regenerate energy with Equilibrium and gain armor with health conversion.

As for renewal, high duration makes it heal faster which in my opinion is better. I try to find the fastest full heal with less duration possible but I guess it is a matter of gameplay.

Their are no "tips" per say because he is a bad state......  Since you are doing low level content probably i would build for maxed strength and efficiency so use a transient fortitude and a fleeting expertise. Plus an intensify, rage,stretch, vitality,and primed flow if you have it,,, This build goes for quick heals base heals so there is no need to use the full minute of healing as it drains yourenergy to quick without good healing. This spam lets you spam your ultimate nd overall feel like darth vader when he's in op mode.... just make sure to use a galatine, ack and  brunt, or the war for added coolness 

9 hours ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Their are no "tips" per say because he is a bad state......  Since you are doing low level content probably i would build for maxed strength and efficiency so use a transient fortitude and a fleeting expertise. Plus an intensify, rage,stretch, vitality,and primed flow if you have it,,, This build goes for quick heals base heals so there is no need to use the full minute of healing as it drains yourenergy to quick without good healing. This spam lets you spam your ultimate nd overall feel like darth vader when he's in op mode.... just make sure to use a galatine, ack and  brunt, or the war for added coolness 

Why do you assume im only doing low level content? I just did a 1 hour t3 survival yesterday with him

4 hours ago, NightSpider99 said:

My personal build consists of:

- Vitality (whatever rank - mine is rank 8(

- Vigor (maxed)

- Rage

- Primed Flow

- Streamline

- Stretch

- Hallowed Reckoning

- Phoenix Renewal

Exilus - Sure Footed (not necessary, just my preference)

Aura - Steel Charge (for sake of mod points)

One potato, two formas

Rage, high health, Primed Flow, and Streamline help to keep Renewal accessible at pretty much all times in case you're in a tizzy, and Phoenix Renewal is there in case you goof and trigger it too late. The rest is built mostly for Reckoning, considering it's good to keep guys off of your back for a minute, hence the extra range, and it can get you more health in the event that it does kill them. Plus the extra Hallowed Ground puddles will deal some extra ticks of damage while they're getting up, and even more if the enemies are all clustered together. Oh, and the extra range is good for regular Hallowed Ground too.

Basically modding for survivability by building Renewal not for raw health amounts or duration, but being able to use it whenever it may be needed. and being able to have it as a panic button. The Sure Footed also helps to keep any butt pirate with a riot shield that might pop up from keeping you down a second too long.

In my own opinion, between an always accessible renewal, easy way to knock an entire room on its rear for ground finishes, and lots of status immunity, Oberon is the back-off-can't-touch-this frame, and I can use him best that way. That's just me, though, and everyone has their own playstyle, so experiment with mods, and use mine and other people's builds not as laws set in stone, but some cool ideas to try out. Health Conversion can be good as well for Broberon, so try it out!

Good luck to you, Tenno!

Thank you very much