Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Less focus on micro-payments

Heroin-Bob

It appears you can't do much of anything in this game without buying platinum. This may be all well and good for a released game but it's ridiculous for a game that's still in beta and still has a lot of work to go before it's market-ready.

I mean... I can't even get into a game with other players ... at all... it just never works... maybe once every hour I spend trying I'll get into a squad and do a mission and then get disconnected from the session. And then, if I want to access ANY expanded content beyond the original weapons you start with, you want me to pay you cash money? Preposterous.

You have to balance between free content and paid-for content if you want to make this system work... also, as it stands, I have no idea what use credits really are... they seem inherently worthless.

You can access all areas without spending money, you can get pretty much all guns directly without spending real money, and the once you can't buy directly you can get blue prints to build them yourself, same for the melee weapons and warframes. The only thing you have to spend money on atm, is inventory expansion so you can keep all those weapons and warframes you can get without spending a dime in your inventory at once.

Maybe i'm looking at a different build of the game, so what are those things that are limited to paying players?

I agree that finding a group can be anoying though, but that has nothing to do with the payment system.

I did quite a bit in the game before bothering to pick up a Founder's pack, making the decision based on how much fun I was having within the F2P structure they currently had. But all those subjects are for the various other threads that have been started, so you may want to pick a specific subject matter which you believe is holding you back or needs to be changed and check out the other threads already available.

Connection issues are definitely a problem, especially with the problems some are having with the friendlist not really working. I'm hoping in the future there will be a more concerted effort to create a lobby system so we can at least gauge everyone's ping for ourselves to choose a proper group.

Credits are pretty darn useful. Quite a few weapons to purchase with credits, and thankfully it doesn't take all that much to acquire a decent amount. Credits are also required to use and purchase blueprints.

yes, but paying for visual things is one of the things im super-fine with when it comes to F2P titles... The inventory limit ist actually something i critizised myself in other threads. But it's currently realy one of the only pay-walls, and it's a pay-wall that only limits how much you can have, not what you can have.

And yet you start with 50 free plat. Spend wisely! Also get rid of the start weapons because they really aren't worth keeping.

Visual things will be eventually coming, but as this is still pretty early beta, there is a whole array of things that are probably taking priority. At the very least, an increase in UI functionality and other backend reliability.

Edited by direcyphre

Ah, I'm slightly embarassed that after like 9 hours play time, I just figured out that I can buy those other guns with credits (I thought they cost 200 platinum + 50k credits).

I'll retract everything I've said except the connection issues... seriously... needs to be #1 priority. Actually connecting to sessions.

Ah, I'm slightly embarassed that after like 9 hours play time, I just figured out that I can buy those other guns with credits (I thought they cost 200 platinum + 50k credits).

I'll retract everything I've said except the connection issues... seriously... needs to be #1 priority. Actually connecting to sessions.

This has to be a troll topic. Someone close this nonsense thread.

His "/facepalm" post was 40 minutes before yours. Reading entire thread FTW.

It would more indicate that the prices are not obvious to everyone and might deserve clarification.

Edited by KGeddon

His "/facepalm" post was 40 minutes before yours. Reading entire thread FTW.

It would more indicate that the prices are not obvious to everyone and might deserve clarification.

The word 'or' on the price indicators would be a good start.

Otherwise, microtransactions are what pay for the servers. Just be thankful of the recent push for making everything available for free with just the expenditure of time and effort, what with Dust514 using the same model and having just hit open beta.

I'm all for microtransactions, as long as the prices per "item" aren't too high. I went for the founder thing, cause I did some math on it, if I hadn't I'd never buy i.e. the Ash warframe, as it's well expensive :o

The orokin thingies for 20 are fine, they're worth the price. Overall, it seems to me that for the most part, the marked is a conveniance thing.

I looked at everything you had to do to build a warframe and just went "What? I cba to do all that" and after alot of back and forth I became a founder.

Ofc, if you don't mind the grind (rhymes!), it doesn't seem to me that you need to buy much at all. Just spend the 50 you get wisely (I did not :p).

Most of the contents right now, if not all, are accessible through raiding bosses. 1 - 2 hours a day and a couple extras on weekends and you're off with the latest weapons and warframes. Orokin Catalyst and Reactor are at a afortable price, and still,they are avalible through alert missions. Being at the current state of the game, microtransaction is not a problem to me, at all.

However i have to agree to OP about the matchmaking mechanics and connection problems, can't never play a cointinous 3hrs with out having to log off and log in again, multiple times.

Edited by matkiencan138

Most of the contents right now, if not all, are accessible through raiding bosses. 1 - 2 hours a day and a couple extras on weekends and you're off with the latest weapons and warframes. Orokin Catalyst and Reactor are at a afortable price, and still,they are avalible through alert missions. Being at the current state of the game, microtransaction is not a problem to me, at all.

However i have to agree to OP about the matchmaking mechanics and connection problems, can't never play a cointinous 3hrs with out having to log off and log in again, multiple times.

I never have any problems finding games. :P

solo.jpg

You really don't need platinum in this game to do anything. 99% of the things that people want/need can be gotten through blueprints, materials, credits, and TIME. That's all. They have changed and implimented so many alternative ways to get things in this game, that all in all you don't need money at all.

But yeah, the connection issues are big. When I play with my husband, I get kicked out a few times a day and it's frustrating to lose the progress. Also having to relog after every mission you do cause your friends are offline is getting old quick also. Hopefully they fix it soon, because it makes farming and progress frustrating.

Edited by Maeka