Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Argon Scope really worth it?

xXx_mtv_xXx

13 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

I'm sure you all know how much this mod is being sold for. 

I'm not convinced it's actually worth buying or even using on endgame weapons. Let me explain. 

The endgame seems to be mostly about CC frames and CC weapons. Let's take Sortie 3 as an example of the endgame. 

The best CC weapons in this game seem to be Tonkor and Synoid Simulor. I also see some Sancti Tigris and Vaykor Hek, but this topic doesn't apply to them. I rarely see bows like Dread and Paris Prime. I very rarely see assault rifles like Soma Prime. 

So, what's Argon Scope actually good for? Precision rifles and bows. They're not exactly CC weapons.

So, is Argon Scope good for using with the best CC weapons?.. How often do you get headshots with Tonkor and Synoid Simulor? 

So, is Argon Scope really worth it? Or is it simply a ridicuously overrated and overpriced mod? 

a simply smiling NO to your question ^^)

i think people think its cool because of the word ARGON in it ... LOL XD

its the same as when DE starts being sorry for bugs, they are used conciously, or do you think somebody produces a animation for selling food in china and would act the same as with the "marketing" - ehm, consumerbinding bugs in warframe ?

the bugs are consensus, conciously setted and handled, if you ask why, ask DE or use your brain =))))

using the mind is not needed, using the brain for a clear answer is enough ... tripleLOL (^^

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

I'm sure you all know how much this mod is being sold for. 

I'm not convinced it's actually worth buying or even using on endgame weapons. Let me explain. 

The endgame seems to be mostly about CC frames and CC weapons. Let's take Sortie 3 as an example of the endgame. 

The best CC weapons in this game seem to be Tonkor and Synoid Simulor. I also see some Sancti Tigris and Vaykor Hek, but this topic doesn't apply to them. I rarely see bows like Dread and Paris Prime. I very rarely see assault rifles like Soma Prime. 

So, what's Argon Scope actually good for? Precision rifles and bows. They're not exactly CC weapons.

So, is Argon Scope good for using with the best CC weapons?.. How often do you get headshots with Tonkor and Synoid Simulor? 

So, is Argon Scope really worth it? Or is it simply a ridicuously overrated and overpriced mod? 

My honest opinion, its worth the time and effort to farm, but not worth the 600+ plat people charge for it. Just like Ember/Frost Prime are not worth the 1000 plat minimum cost. If you can farm it, do so. Otherwise, just get bladed rounds.

6 hours ago, Madway7 said:

DPS wise Bladed Rounds might be better with the Soma (Prime) depending on the conditions (faction, levels).

75% is enough for me. Even if some bullets don't crit, the majority always will.

I don't see why you can't use both lol

3 hours ago, cookieknife said:

Not can't, just don't want to. Personally I like having punch through so I use Shred to kill squishyer enemies in the crossfire.

But yeah I suppose you can use both if the other alternative Heavy Caliber is not to your liking.

6 hours ago, cookieknife said:

Because a generally optimal build loses too many slots. Primaries for example:

Serration

Split Chamber

Point strike

Vital sense

Element

Element

The last two slots have heavy competition. Primed bane mods, argon scope, bladed rounds, heavy caliber, and utility. Argon scope falls behind All of those in dps generally , besides some utility mods. Punch through can technically triple your damage, reload speed increases your up time, etc

25 minutes ago, OzoneSlayer said:

Because a generally optimal build loses too many slots. Primaries for example:

Serration

Split Chamber

Point strike

Vital sense

Element

Element

The last two slots have heavy competition. Primed bane mods, argon scope, bladed rounds, heavy caliber, and utility. Argon scope falls behind All of those in dps generally , besides some utility mods. Punch through can technically triple your damage, reload speed increases your up time, etc

Neither Shred nor Metal Augor mentioned, I guess punch through is highly overrated these days.