Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with Saryn

D4K4R

Question

Hello! I just got Saryn Prime, leveling her now, cause now she and Banshee are better than RJ on Berehynia and other missions.

I'm looking for a good nuker build and if someone could give me some info on how to play her (as a nuker) that would be great.

Thank you!

Edited by D4K4R

9 answers to this question

Saryn stopped being a 'nuker' quite some time ago. That being said, synergy makes her just as potent. I forget my build (I don't play Warframe much anymore) but build for range and efficiency mostly, with strength. Duration is up to you, mine I remember is a little negative, but I love my build, and my Saryn Prime.

Well that depends on what you mean exactly by "nuker".

She s an excellent damage dealer, suitable for endgame, but that not means for example you will be on the top damages in the debrief pool.

If you like spreading massives dots in stacks, she 's the queen.

Personnaly i have a generalist build, good for all, but with a little focus on melee. (Steel Charge in Aura and the Toxic Lash syndic augment, dont know the exact word)

It gives me 145% power range, wich is far enough, 155% power duration, wich is enough too, 170% power strenght (more would be a waste, maybe i should change my exilus for 160% range and 155% strenght, but i like it that way) and 100% power efficiency. Wich is a flaw, i agree, at least i'm not in negative efficiency, but it's a minor flaw. (You can't cast all you want very quickly at the very start, and it can be bothering in limited energy missions.)

I compense it with a big energy pool (you need a big pool with Saryn anyway) and Zenurik focus. This one is a great help.

(A Red Veil weapon or a Red Veil mod can also be a good help : Zenurik + a dark dagger with red veil mod just make you forget you have only 100% efficiency.)

edit : If you didn't read it, i strongely recommend you to learn all you can from her excellent wiki pages, just to get an idea of all her synergies. Because that's the key : you will have to play your 1, 2, 3, 4 like a pianist :) All her powers are linked, you spread your 1 for viral procs, you shoot toxic arrows with a Mutalist Cernos (just an example, i like adding toxic clouds) you go in melee with your 3 enabled, cast your 2 for a decoy and add your 1 on it, re-cast your 2 to spread more maybe, and all becomes an incredible hell of toxins stacks, viral, and maybe bleed stacks (with a Lesion, why not : very good slash damages and status chances), and when you want to achieve it greatly or you are in danger, you cast your 4 on all this. And you become the harbinger of doom. :D

But building her the ancient way, like... overmaxing power strengh and just spamming your 4, won't be enough to nuke a place anymore. Wich is a good thing.

Edited by Stonehenge

The way i use my Saryn is with a somewhat balanced build-max range, some duration and decent power (depends if you have Trin too). For duration well it depends on how much you want your clone to last. I usually have 224 pwr str, 250 range, 75 efficiency and 128 duration with that molt lasts a decent 50 sec giving me enough time to spam 1 on it and shoot mutalist cernos at it`s feet. Others will have different builds, test and see what fits you best.

33 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

Well that depends on what you mean exactly by "nuker".

She s an excellent damage dealer, suitable for endgame, but that not means for example you will be on the top damages in the debrief pool.

If you like spreading massives dots in stacks, she 's the queen.

Personnaly i have a generalist build, good for all, but with a little focus on melee. (Steel Charge in Aura and the Toxic Lash syndic augment, dont know the exact word)

It gives me 145% power range, wich is far enough, 155% power duration, wich is enough too, 170% power strenght (more would be a waste, maybe i sould change my exilus for 160% range and 155% strenght, but i like it that way) and 100% power efficiency. Wich is a flaw, i agree, at least i'm not in negative efficiency, but it's a minor flaw. (You can't cast all you want very quickly at the very start, and it can be bothering in limited energy missions.)

I compense it with a big energy pool (you need a big pool with Saryn anyway) and Zenurik focus. This one is a great help.

(A Red Veil weapon or a Red Veil mod can also be a good help : Zenurik + a dark dagger with red veil mod just make you forget you have only 100% efficiency.)

edit : If you didn't read it, i strongely recommend you to learn all you can from her excellent wiki pages, just to get an idea of all her synergies. Because that's the key : you will have to play your 1, 2, 3, 4 like a pianist :) All her powers are linked, you spread your 1 for viral procs, you shoot toxic arrows with a Mutalist Cernos (just an example, i like adding toxic clouds) you go in melee with your 3 enabled, cast your 2 for a decoy and add your 1 on it, re-cast your 2 to spread more maybe, and all becomes an incredible hell of toxins stacks, viral, and maybe bleed stacks (with a Lesion, why not : very good slash damages and status chances), and when you want to achieve it greatly or you are in danger, you cast your 4 on all this. And you become the harbinger of doom. :D

But building her the ancient way, like... focusing on power strengh and just spamming your 4, won't be enough to nuke a place anymore. Wich is a good thing.

32 minutes ago, Shinoma said:

The way i use my Saryn is with a somewhat balanced build-max range, some duration and decent power (depends if you have Trin too). For duration well it depends on how much you want your clone to last. I usually have 224 pwr str, 250 range, 75 efficiency and 128 duration with that molt lasts a decent 50 sec giving me enough time to spam 1 on it and shoot mutalist cernos at it`s feet. Others will have different builds, test and see what fits you best.

I'll use her more as a dps aoe in berehynia and some sortie missions, so I just wanna kill a lot of enemies fast, like rj (and i'll oftwn have an ev). Is there a specific build for that? What should I go for, range and str or range and durr? And what abilities to use and in what order to do that (i suppose her 3rd is useless for what i need)

Edited by D4K4R

10 minutes ago, D4K4R said:

I'll use her more as a dps aoe in berehynia and some sortie missions, so I just wanna kill a lot of enemies fast, like rj. Is there a specific build for that? What should I go for, range and str or range and durr? And what abilities to use and in what order to do that (i suppose her 3rd is useless for what i need)

Duration and range are a priority in that case, before strenght. The 3rd, in the way i use her, is central for me, i always cast it.

(That being said, you can see we all have "jack of all trades" builds more or less, that's because all is usefull, and i would not recommend maxing one skill. Again, test an read the wiki.)

Edited by Stonehenge

2 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

Duration and range are a priority, before strenght. The 3rd, in the way i use her, is central for me, i always cast it.

And what abilities should cast and in what order to do that dps? Sawsomebody spawning clone with 2, sporing it with 1, then ulting.

17 minutes ago, D4K4R said:

And what abilities should cast and in what order to do that dps? Sawsomebody spawning clone with 2, sporing it with 1, then ulting.

Well ...as i told you, the wiki gives you all you need. You ll have to learn all the details ont it.

But, a molt clone with spores on it is indeed an essential boost for Miasma, because when you cast it, spores and molt explosion will add their damages to it. (If i remember well, molt explosion add 100% toxin damages or 100% damages, and spores explosion maybe 100% damages and viral proc, quit not sure of this. Must check it.) So yeah, you will see a lot of people using this.

Edited by Stonehenge

19 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

Well ...as i told you, the wiki gives you all you need. You ll have to learn all the details ont it.

But, a molt clone with spores on it is indeed an essential boost for Miasma, because when you cast it, spores and molt explosion will add their damages to it. (If i remember well, molt explosion add 100% toxin damages or 100% damages, and spores explosion maybe 100% damages and viral proc, quit not sure of this. Must check it.) So yeah, you will see a lot of people using this.

Thank you, i will check wiki too.

2 hours ago, Shinoma said:

molt lasts a decent 50 sec giving me enough time to spam 1 on it and shoot mutalist cernos at it`s feet.

That is one of the methods I found out when testing her with the Mutalist Cernos.  It's evil in it's killing ability and a nice way to block paths.