Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

GTX 980 Crashing

HKILLER888

so as far as i know this has been a long time problem...

i used to have two systems.my main rig with a 980 which i am using now and a secondary rig with 960 which i sold it a few weeks back and i had problems with the 980(and still have) but my 960 would play warframe just fine for hours...as described in the other topic i have the same problem as them and i had stopped playing for a month and last night i just updated my game and wanted to play the new missions and all but after a 10-15 minutes the game crashes which causes the driver to crash and the system freezes...i have this problem only with Warframe...and my rig has no problem going through Fire Strike Stress Testing...and i have tried running the game on Low with all the graphical options off and it still crashed...so DE would you want to fix this?

Have you updated your driver?

Have you updated your entire system's drivers?

Are there any threats of potential bottlenecking?

Which message do you get upon crashing?

What does the crash report say?

Is there anything worth highlighting in your EE.log?

When does this crash occur and can it be replicated?

Which other games have you tested and how can their requirements be compared to warframe's current abstract requirements?

ok let's take it from the top:

1-i am currently using 368.69

2-it was two systems one with a 960 in it and one with 980 before i sell the other one with the 960 in it i put it in my current system instead of the 980 and the game worked fine

3-4690K is not a bottleneck for 980 and it certainly won't bottleneck on Warframe.+16GB of RAM

4-nothing...the game closes itself and windows says the display driver has stopped working..either that or it freezes in a black screen...

5-no report

6-nope

7-10-20 minutes into the game doesn't matter if i am inside the ship or mid mission...not really cuz it happens at random but it happens...and i donnow what causes it

8-well i have stress tested my computer with Fire Strike and it has been fine...and through the fire strike benchmark i got a score of 11408...it barely dropped below 60 ever...and this same rig gets about 180 FPS on DOOM and 80-100 FPS on RainBow Six Seige...

apparently devs won't answer in forums so i think i will file a tech support ticket...

Edited by HKILLER888

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem.

I'm still attempting the quest and before I finish my mission (which I've tried 17 times) trying to collect all the Daylight Threshcones, my game just goes into this glitchy stage, freezes and forces me to manually restart my computer.

There instances where it just freezes and I have to Alt Tab out and close it or it freezes and says the display driver has stopped working.

Only started happening since the update. (This has happened quite a lot before but that was a year or two ago.)

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

GB Z170x Gaming 3

Intel i5-6600

16gb DDR4 Ram

Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 3gb

All drivers are up to date, using custom and optimised setting from Nvidia.

Does not happen to other games.

Eg Battlefield, Dishonored, Division, Doom, Farcry

I'm most certain it's Warframe and I'm not going to continue until there's another fix.

• 3 months later...

well what ever the problem is it is with GTX 980 cards...i tested 3 different 980 cards with this game all had crashes...a Gigabyte GTX 980 G1, a Zotac GTX 980 AMP! EXTREME and an EVGA GTX 980 FTW (all tested with driver version 375.57 which the most stable so far)...ALL without exception crashed on this game without any good reason and in the same manner...i tested the game with a MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X and it worked perfectly fine! HELL i even sat there and lowered the graphical options as far as possible and ran the game with my Intel HD 4600 iGPU and it didn't crash at all!!! right now i am running the game with a Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Xtreme Gaming and it runs smoothly...no crashes....nothing...and to anyone who has this problem...just sell your card and get a GTX 1060 6GB...it has nothing to do with computer parts...i have 2 separate rigs with different RAM and SSD and Motherboards...this game just does not want to work properly with 980 cards...

Edited by HKILLER888

it's better to conclude what i have started rather than leaving it up in the air. and that's all there is to GPU generations. the top of the line 980ti which would usually go for 700 now is the as the $450 GTX 1070...that's the nature of each generation of new GPUs...GPUs do not hold their values for long..even a brand new 980 card is not worth anything more than $200 bucks now...