The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Ridiculously Long Load Times

Gangplanks_Waifu

I just got back to Warframe after not having played for many months. After finally getting the game installed and logging on, I am having some issues loading into games. It shouldn't be a hardware issue. I am running on an intel i7-4790, Nvidia GTX 1070, and 16 gigs of RAM. Sometimes the game loads me in within a minute, but I have sat waiting for it to load in for over 15 minutes. The issue is probably something to do with my internet being pretty bad. I get about 100-200 KB/s, which is pretty slow. However, my ping is usually somewhere around 100, so I have few issues playing other matchmaking games. When Warframe starts loading me into games, it begins to use all of my bandwidth until I either get into the game or the connection is lost 10 minutes later. I never had any issues when I used to play like this at all. So I'm guessing that sometime in between when i stopped playing and then started up again DE did something that required a lot more bandwidth when loading into games. I did some digging and this issues seems to have been around for awhile, but from what I've read that's usually been a hardware issues and mine really shouldn't be. If anyone has any idea what I might be able to do to fix this I would love to hear it. I get that if I load into a game that's already in progress I am going to have to download the information on what has already happened or something along those lines, but this is pretty ridiculous. Any help would be appreciated, and if not help, I would love an explanation on what is happening. I've logged something like 1000 hours in this game on my current internet speed, so something DE has done has to be the issue.

22 hours ago, klofle said:

Sometimes the game loads me in within a minute, but I have sat waiting for it to load in for over 15 minutes. The issue is probably something to do with my internet being pretty bad.

Hi klofle, could you please send us a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log? Ideally it would be best if you could provide a log file that was obtained immediately after experiencing one of these very long load times. Info on how to find your EE.log file can be found here.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, klofle said:

I'll do that as soon as I get a chance. But do you have any idea what would be using so much bandwidth during loading? It really never used to use any, but now it just hogs it all.

It could be any number of things such as level, loadout, players in party, etc. Hopefully a copy of your EE.log will guide us in the right direction.

Ok, Thanks Dmitri, I appreciate the fast responses.  I have sent in a support ticket and have my fingers crossed. I'm just hoping it's some temporary or fixable thing and not an issue that's going to prevent me from playing forever. I currently live in an area where my slow internet is the best available. But as I said, my ping is usually okay so I can play most online games pretty well. Thanks again.

20 hours ago, klofle said:

I'm just hoping it's some temporary or fixable thing and not an issue that's going to prevent me from playing forever. 

So we have taken a look at the log you sent us. Have you tried verifying / optimizing the download cache in your Warframe launcher? It looks like the game is having a difficult time finding a number of files on your system. If you click the cog wheel on the top-right corner of the Warframe launcher then verify / optimize should hopefully fix this.

13TDmYm.png