Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inconsistency with Nullifiers

Epsik-kun

After the recent changes to interaction between Nullifiers and abilities, there are some inconsistencies here and there.

For instance, while Snow Globe is destroyed when Nullifier's bubble touches it, Nova's sphere that applies Molecular Prime effect isn't affected by that bubble. Yes, it won't affect enemies inside the bubble, but the sphere itself has no interaction with the Nullifier's bubble what so ever. I think, for better consistency it would be good to destroy the Molecular Prime sphere whenever it touches a Nullifier's bubble.

Next, there's a whole category of Focus abilities, that aren't affected by Nullifiers. This is inconsistent. Warframe abilities are essentially powers of an Operator that are channeled through Warframe. And so are Focus abilities. Hence I believe it would be more consistent to remove effects of Focus abilities whenever they come in contact with Nullifier's bubble.

Also, I think it would be much more consistent to dispel Focus passives on contact with Nullifiers, as it seems to be plain wrong for these passives to remain intact.

While we're on it, I would say, that there really no reason for the warframe that had entered the Nullifier field to retain its energy charge, given it's the same Operator's energy that's stored inside the warframe, and like the abilities it should be dispelled right away.

Therefore, I come to the conclusion, that in terms of consistency it makes zero sense for the warframe to remain active while its inside the Nullifier bubble. Hence to fix that issue, entering the Nullifier's bubble should result in immediate destruction of the affected Warframe, possibly causing permanent brain damage for the Operator.

Finally, as Nullifiers provide units with absolute immunity to warframe Powers with no drawbacks at all, in terms of lore it's inconsistent for them not to equip Nullifier modules on every single unit. That should be fixed.

9 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

it makes zero sense for the warframe to remain active while its inside the Nullifier bubble

hmm.. this makes sense, but nullifiers are called cheap enemy tactics for a reason, there's no logic behind them.

9 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

entering the Nullifier's bubble should result in immediate destruction of the affected Warframe

But DE said No fun... that's why nullifiers are there in the first place. (just for that specific reason, there's no logic in them, just No fun allowed.

Edited by NightElve

5 hours ago, NightElve said:

hmm.. this makes sense, but nullifiers are called cheap enemy tactics for a reason, there's no logic behind them.

But DE said No fun... that's why nullifiers are there in the first place. (just for that specific reason, there's no logic in them, just No fun allowed.

If you didn't notice, it's a satire about the recent nullifier buff. He's ridiculing the nullifier buff by saying if you apply logic to the nullifiers, you may as well just throw the entire game out the window.

Edited by Heckzu
Bad autocorrect

53 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

After the recent changes to interaction between Nullifiers and abilities, there are some inconsistencies here and there.

For instance, while Snow Globe is destroyed when Nullifier's bubble touches it, Nova's sphere that applies Molecular Prime effect isn't affected by that bubble. Yes, it won't affect enemies inside the bubble, but the sphere itself has no interaction with the Nullifier's bubble what so ever. I think, for better consistency it would be good to destroy the Molecular Prime sphere whenever it touches a Nullifier's bubble.

Snow Globe is an static spherical object, Molecular Prime isn't however. It a wave or force in the shape of a sphere, so there is no reason why it should be destroyed in it;s entirety if a part is broken up. To make the difference more obvious, think of Snowglobe as a basketball, and Molecular Prime as a pressure wave.